hr8687

221G New Delhi

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello, I just needed some advice. My fiance had her K1 fiancee interview at the US embassy in New Delhi and was issued a white colored 221G. I think a week before the interview she went to VFS to deposit items but the lady working there only took 2 pages of our phone records which we had 300 pages of, she said the embassy only needs two pages,also only took like 2 pages of emails, she did not take any of the affidavits from my fiancees family members stating the engagement took place and that they approve she will be marrying in the united states, she also did not take the engagement pictures, my families notarized letters stating the engagement took place and that they approve nor did she take both of our letter of intents, airline tickets, or the letter from the hotel where our engagement took place.I have been to India 2 times after my engagement, I am thinking the CO did not have enough time to review our case and at the end she issued a 221G white slip requesting the following:

1 Notarized explanation from you and your petitioner of how and when you first met and why you decided to get engaged.

2 List of all engagement ceremony guests,their relationship to you,their addresses and their phone numbers.

3 Itemized emails and/or postmarked letters or cards between you and your fiancee.

4 Photos of you and the petitioner before,during,and after your engagement.

5 Notarized statement signed by the applicant's parents discussing their views of the engagement.

6 Notarized copy of your fiancee's passport.

7 Voter's ID card and Voter's list for the past 5 years of the beneficiary.

We have all of the documents mentioned and will be submitting them to the VFS along with the passport on Monday, can anyone tell me from there experience how long it takes for the embassy to process everything and issue the visa, and what the embassy process is, do they call the beneficiary for a 2nd interview or do they just place the visa in the passport if they are satisfied with the submitted documents.

My friend i got the the same paper for deference reason Just re schedule like i did and make sure she bring all requierd documents that should fix all and visa should be approve.

Good Luck

Timeline

I do not think that I can reschedule. The paper they gave me says submit with your passport the following documents to the VFS office serving your area.

1 Notarized explanation from you and your petitioner of how and when you first met and why you decided to get engaged.

2 List of all engagement ceremony guests,their relationship to you,their addresses and their phone numbers.

3 Itemized emails and/or postmarked letters or cards between you and your fiancee.

5 Notarized statement signed by the applicant's parents discussing their views of the engagement.

maybe new deli is diferent . sorry to hear that colombia allow my wife to rechedule and she should be there bu wensday at 7am good luck friend

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello, I just needed some advice. My fiance had her K1 fiancee interview at the US embassy in New Delhi and was issued a white colored 221G. I think a week before the interview she went to VFS to deposit items but the lady working there only took 2 pages of our phone records which we had 300 pages of, she said the embassy only needs two pages,also only took like 2 pages of emails, she did not take any of the affidavits from my fiancees family members stating the engagement took place and that they approve she will be marrying in the united states, she also did not take the engagement pictures, my families notarized letters stating the engagement took place and that they approve nor did she take both of our letter of intents, airline tickets, or the letter from the hotel where our engagement took place.I have been to India 2 times after my engagement, I am thinking the CO did not have enough time to review our case and at the end she issued a 221G white slip requesting the following:

We have all of the documents mentioned and will be submitting them to the VFS along with the passport on Monday, can anyone tell me from there experience how long it takes for the embassy to process everything and issue the visa, and what the embassy process is, do they call the beneficiary for a 2nd interview or do they just place the visa in the passport if they are satisfied with the submitted documents.

i am also going thru the same problem as yours. i had my interview last month in delhi embassy and was issued 221g white form. i have submitted all the required documents with my passport 2 weeks back at VFS. since then, i am regularly checking my status on vfs website. it always says that "its in process"

dont know how long it will take. but its for sure that they wont ask for another interview. my delhi contact num is 9312304560 in case u want to talk and discuss.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.