Salma&Ali

New Unique Situation

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

First Hello / Salam to all,

I am the US Petitioner and my Fiance is from Egypt. We are not at the stage to file just yet but we know that our case will have some "Red Flags". nIts sad tosay but that for a man to rbing over more than one Fiance/Wife seems to be okay. My situation is a bit different. This would be my 3rd marriage and my 2nd to a MENA man.

My first marriage was when I was very young and lasted for 6 years to a US Citizen. Amiciable divorce no issues. (One child from that marriage.)

My second marriage was to an arab man, whom I met online, fell in love with and brought him here on a K1 visa, only because of my son not being able to leave the country without his fathers consent. (Which I would never do)We have a daughter together.(He has his Citizenship - 2nd)

My new Fiance' We are barley 2 years in age difference, he is older.He has never been married and has no children. I have two children and have been married and divorced twice. We have known each other since 2004 (before my second husband) and have remained friends ever since.

I know that we can prove that we love each other but I am looking for anyone who has been in this situation.

Thank you !

I thank you in advance for all your help. I am sure I will get some great advice as well as not so great comments.

post-108334-0-27565800-1312614235_thumb.jpg

2005 Met Online

2006 Met in person for the first time in Egypt.

Salma & Aly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am divorced with children and my husband is from pakistan and we were questioned thoroughly (his interview was about 45 min in the embassy and the called me on july 25th to ask me questions as well) this is my second marriage and only one from MENA. All I can say is make sure you have everything you can think of as document proof of the relationship... and be prepared to be heavily questioned and checks done on both of you. I do wish you the best of luck...

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think the fact that you have petitioned and brought a MENA man here and subsequently divorced and are now petitioning another MENA man is going to be some problems for you.

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Timeline

Salaam...your situation is common here..there are many of us that belong to that group that I affectionately call 'VJ 2.0'

Mohammed and I divorced in 2007 after he got his 10 year greencard. I married Ibrahim in 2008 he also got a 10 year greecard. I know MANY of the members here have petitioned more than once. As long as you have the expected proof in hand you should be just fine.

Good luck to you and if you would like some suggestions how to submit awesome 'proof' send me a message. I have some good ideas for you. :thumbs:

Jax (F)

Importer/Exporter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.