GrayL

K-1 Sydney Payment fee- Australia Post don't know anything about it!!

30 posts in this topic

Hi Good people of VisaJourney,

I'm after hopefully a really quick response to ease my stress levels at the moment.

I've just been up to my local Australia Post store to pay the K-1 VISA Fee for my Sydney Consulate interview on Tuesday.

The instruction made it sound easy but I went and asked and the guy (although very helpful) was unable to find anything on his computer regarding the payment. He spent 20 minutes looking.

He did a search for lots of things;

K-1 Visa

K-1 Fiance

U.S. Consulate General

Visa Fee

Visa

But he drew blanks every time?

I'm kinda stuck, I fly out on Monday, ie in two days!

Can anyone help? I'm totally stressing out

thanks,

Graeme Lucas

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Hi Jadeleaf,

The instructions seem to make out that it's specific that I have to do it at Australia Post.

What I've since done is change my flights so that I arrive in Sydney and have plenty of time to go to the Post Office right next to the consulate on Monday (I would have arrived too late otherwise).

I couldn't go their Tuesday morning either becuase I have to be at the consulate at 8am and the post office doesn't open until 8:15!

So I'm planning to go to the Post Office on Martin Place Monday.

Does anyone know more specifically what I'm asking for? I figure if that Post Office doesn't know anything about this, then there's no hope for me!!

Any more information would be so great.. thank you so so much

Gray

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey, check the Australian section, i know theres a tonnnn of info there about everything. i have to pay mine this week too and i remember reading something about you having to tell them how much the fee is. they dont know how much it is you need to tell them you need to pay the US machine readable visa fee or us immigrant fee or something and then you tell them how much it is

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Hi Travis/Meghan,

Thanks for that, it's certainly helpful..

I'll go to the Post Office on Monday and tell them that, gosh sometimes you get the feeling the consulate just like being difficult, why couldn't they just accept credit or eftpos or even cash like the other VISAs, I certainly didn't expect this to be a drama!

Thanks again, I'll reply back here with the results, but at least now I've given myself a whole day in Sydney to work this one out, rather than one hour Monday morning over here in Perth, Western Australia!

Gray

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

Timeline

hahaha, yeah, sometimes i think this whole process jsut likes to be difficult, lol.

Yeah, let me know. i'm gonna pay mine later in the week. i'm tired as hell right now butttt, if i manage to find where i read about it i'll let you know, it was somewhere in the packet three to interview date thread on the aus/nz part of the forum :)

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

event.png

Timeline

So on the link with all the different fees on it, it says that 'K visa applicants pay an application fee (also known as the machine readable visa fee) like any other non immigrant visa applicant.' I would go to the post office and ask to pay the US machine readable visa fee or non immigrant visa fee and tell them how much it is ($350). Hope that helps a little :) might not jurt even to print it off and show them if they get confused again, lol

event.png

Hi Travis and Meghan,

Thank you for looking that up, yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I did today. I printed off the 'final checklist' letter and the printout from the Sydney consulate website (that you quoted) and went to my local Australia Post this morning but the guy just had no clue. I let him read it all but he still just couldn't find, even though he really genuinely wanted to help. He said he could have made some calls but all the other POs were shut! He spent 20 minutes searching the computer after I found another thread on VJ but still he just couldn't find anything. He was the owner of the Post Office, but he said he's never heard of it, it's probable a West Australian thing.. hehe!

He did mention that they were not a government Australia Post, rather a franchise outlet, so maybe a government one (which was only a 5 minute drive away) would be able to help. Although no other one was open (I went in at 1pm, and most shut at 12!)

It's okay, now that I've changed my flights it pretty much means I'll have the entire business day on Monday in the Sydney CBD to find the answer, I'll do the same and go into the Post Office right next to the consulate and ask them, SURELY they will know. If not I can go to the consulate and ask.

I'll definitely reply back to this post and let you know how I get on on Monday, so you know too! Here's me thinking it would be a no brainer, just like buying some milk! :bonk:

Cheers, and thanks so much for your help, it means so much.

Take care,

Gray

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

Timeline

lol, well i wouldn't've thought it would be this difficult either!

But thankyou, that would be amazing if you could let me know :) worse comes to worse i'm gonna be in sydney the day before my interview too so i could do the same. I'm guessing you're interview is this Tuesday so i'll take this opportunity to wish you Good luck.....even though you surely won't need it :)

event.png

Timeline

found it, its in the firsdt post on the page so no need to search for it:)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/206016-australian-beneficiaries-packet-3-to-interview-date/page__st__15

event.png

Timeline

I'm just going to bombard you with info now cos i'm determined to figure this out, lol. i found another link about the fees, it's different to the one i got with my P4 and it acutally says to tell the post office you want to pay the US non immigrant visa application fee

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/niv_fees.html

event.png

Perhaps smaller Post offices don't do it regularly, so they don't know. My fiance paid it at the Post that was across the street from the Consulate and it wasn't a problem at all.

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi Good people of VisaJourney,

I'm after hopefully a really quick response to ease my stress levels at the moment.

I've just been up to my local Australia Post store to pay the K-1 VISA Fee for my Sydney Consulate interview on Tuesday.

The instruction made it sound easy but I went and asked and the guy (although very helpful) was unable to find anything on his computer regarding the payment. He spent 20 minutes looking.

He did a search for lots of things;

K-1 Visa

K-1 Fiance

U.S. Consulate General

Visa Fee

Visa

But he drew blanks every time?

I'm kinda stuck, I fly out on Monday, ie in two days!

Can anyone help? I'm totally stressing out

thanks,

Graeme Lucas

Check the Aussie section or give the consulate a call.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Thank you so much everyone for you replies, I'll definitely post the results here tomorrow.

Thanks

Gray

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

I'm not doing K1 so can't help you out on the payment thing...but wanted to wish you luck for your interview!

I'll be there having my interview on Tuesday too.

So good luck and I hope you get it all sorted out!

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.