dette

anyone from the phlippines k3 visa experience!!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi there, my k3 visa was already at the manila embassy last aug. 31 2006. now im waiting for the packet to come. i tried to call the embassy to ask the status and they told me to wait for 6 months before they send the packet. :( my k3 wil be valid until december only, how come i have to wait another 6 months for that?! im really dying to be with my husband, but the visa process really frustrate me. please help me what the best way to do. thanks

hi there, my k3 visa was already at the manila embassy last aug. 31 2006. now im waiting for the packet to come. i tried to call the embassy to ask the status and they told me to wait for 6 months before they send the packet. :( my k3 wil be valid until december only, how come i have to wait another 6 months for that?! im really dying to be with my husband, but the visa process really frustrate me. please help me what the best way to do. thanks

dette,

Your its not the visa thats at the embassy, its the petition that is there. The embassy in Manila tells everyone its going to be 6 months.....the way things look right now you should get your packet in a month or two and an interview between 3 and 4 months. Don't worry about the petition being valid for only 4 months....the embassy knows they are behind and automaticly extend the time. Check the recent timelines here on VJ to get a better idea on how long of a wait Manila is right now. Good luck...and try hard to be patient.

Jazzy

4-26-06 Married Cebu, Philippines

I-130 (wife & step daughter)

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-20-06 Noa#1 (notice date)

5-25-06 Noa#1 (mail recieved)

5-31-06 (touched)

7-12-06 (touched) received email....cases transfered to CSC

7-13-06 (touched)

7-17-06 received NOA in mail (transfer notice)

7-19-06 CSC received petitions

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-03-06 APPROVED (via email)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

8-08-06 received NOA#2 in mail(sent to NVC)

NVC

8-17-06 NVC received and assigned case #s

8-28-06 ds-3032 and aos bill generated (sent out same day)

9-06-06 ds-3032 accepted (email) - resent for cr-2

9-18-06 IV bills received and express mailed

9-20-06 received AOS in mail

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-23-06 (touched)...weird

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

9-30-06 ds-230 received in mail

10-3-06 ds-230 mailed to nvc

10-17-06 CASE COMPLETE!!!

12-26-06 Case sent to manila

12-30-06 Rececieved Packet 4

2-01-07 St. Lukes complete

2-8-07 INTERVIEW!!!!!! AR-need to submit photos of step daughter

2-10-07 Mailed photos to embassy

2-13-07 Photos arrive at embassy

2-21-07 Photos made it out of mail room to case worker!!

3-07-07 Delbros text...VISAS released from embassy

3-09-07 VISAS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

3-29-07 Arrived in Newark (POE)

Timeline

so it will really take 4-5 months then. i thought its faster than the I-130 but how come the I-130 will only take 3 more months as per the embassy? im just worried about my papers, hav u tried to fax a memo requesting to fastrack the process due to deployment of my husbnd.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you already have a date of interview or case number in which you can track at the site below, you can easily download and fill out the forms and go to the embassy during interview date...hope this helps...

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi dette, its nice to know ur waiting for the interview date. i dont know why the embassy told you it will be 6 months because i emailed them and they only told me its for 4 months only and i even get a pre-interview notice and it also state the same waiting period. Im on a wait list too for my interview date. hope we will have it soon. oh by the way me and my husband been apart for 1 year and 1 month now. we just have everyday contact on the pc and the phone and cellular phone. Im dying to be with my husband too. But dont worry, we will be with each other's husband soon.God bless you

I-129F

noa #1- May 24, 2006

rfe letter and email- July 1, 2006

rfe sent back- July 12, 2006

E-mail about rfe recieve- July 14, 2006

duplicate rfe- July 14,2006 ( we never sent back the duplicate rfe)

touched-august 3, 2006

approved- august 3,2006

recive letter of approval in mail- august 14, 2006

manila embassy recieve approve petition- august 14, 2006 (august 22, 2006 on the email that they sent to me)

recieve 2 page pre-interview notice from the american embassy in manila ( september 13, 2006)

interview date- i hope it will be soon.....

I-130

noa #1- april 27,2006

touched- may 1, 2006

approved- august 16, 2006

Edited by afparks

Timeline
hi there, yeah they told me its will be 6 months. i havnt receive my packet yet. i dont know what keep them so long... :(

hello dette, dont worry about the packet yet. i also dont have mine yet. i only recieve the pre-interview notice with instruction but i never got my packet until now and if u can see my timeline i was approved since august 3 and they have my case in the embassy on august 14. on their email and pre-interview notice to me it says there that they will mail the packet 30 days before the interview date. so im expecting my interview date december 14 and my packet november 14. cheer up, u will recieve ur packet soon.

Edited by afparks

Timeline
oh ic, why is there a need for a pre-interview? and may i know what is RFE? thanks

the pre-interview notice that they mail me only tells me the date of when they recieved the approved petition from the nvc and then it state in there how long will be the wait for the interview date. on the second page its only all the required documents that u must get and prepare for the interview and also it will say 30 days before the interview date is when they will mail the packet. the RFE is just some more evidence that they want to process the papers. My husband recieve an RFE before due to IMBRA. hope that answers ur quetions.

Timeline

My wife is from the Philippines. We married in the Garden of the Sleeping Giant, Nadi, Fiji. Our I-130 receipt date as July 23, 2005 (priority date July 11, 2005) with an approval notice of August 22, 2006. During that time, we had a second I-129F filed to speed up the process. It went to Nebraska and was forwarded to California for "faster Processing" if I remember correctly. December 22, 2005 we were sent an approval notice for the I-129F. January 6, 2006 we were notified that our approved petition would be sent to Manila, even though the letter did say it would be sent to the post overseas for processing visa cases originating in the country where we married. (Fiji) Thank goodness she didn't have to fly back to Fiji. March 2, 2006 we were informed that she had an interview scheduled with a Medical May 11, 2006 and visa appointment May 18, 2006. Her packet was not sent to her because they messed up her address! Your sponsor should be sent the cover letter though.

She went to the medical (scheduled for 7AM) at around 4AM to stand in line, (it was a long line by then) she had to go to the Saint Luke's extension with her case number and passport. Give them to the guard. He gave her medical forms there. Then waited til her number is called... just ask for the packet there. Her Medical took 2 days.

I think you can look up the amount of money you need among the requirements at the Manila Embassy. You need to pay the fees before you get to the Interview, but not before the Medical. They should be able to tell you where to pay while you're at the Medical.

You will also need an Affidavit of Support from your sponsor for the Interview. You should have plenty of time between the Medical and the Interview to complete the forms. We did. So, don't worry too much about not getting a packet.

I think they text messaged her when they were coming to her house with the Visa. She was able to get to the Republic of America by June 20th. She took extra time to say farewell to friends and family after getting the Visa and if it weren't for plane schedules she would've been here by our one year wedding anniversary.

I think an RFE means a Request for Evidence. No idea what IMBRA is though.

Edited by Garden of the Sleeping Giant

Timeline

One other note: Make sure to keep your original documents. Only give them copies, unless asked for the original. They will seal everything you give them into a packet only to be opened by officials. At my wife's point of entry, they kept the packet. I think you are permitted to bring the original and copies. They can ask for the original to be inspected, but you should be able to ask to keep the original from the packet you cannot open.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My wife got her packet4 on 9/19/06 and never received a pre-interview notice or a packet3, anycase her interview is supposed to be 11/15. All I can say is patience and alot of it is needed going through this process. I hope there is only one interview since am going over there for the interview.

Timeline

hi there, my husband called the embassy they said that they already mailed the packet sept. 21 and my interview schedule on nov. 8. im so happy. but until now havnt received the packet, how many days it can be mailed? why it took so long even if its from within the country mailing only? anyways hope u could help me how to prepare the requirements...thanks. please pray for me...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.