beemer8

All Waiting for I-751 Interview

21 posts in this topic

Can those of you who get interviews for RoC please state if you were interviewed for AoS, so we can see if there is any pattern to it, or just random. Thanks. :)

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Filed: Timeline

Nice idea!

We received a letter on July 23 (dated June 27) notifying us that the case has been relocated to our disctrict office in San Jose. Still waiting on actual interview notification.

Hi Borgeo,

I saw your thread here , does your spouse send money home on a regular basis. Apparently that is a big NO..NO with IO's now a days and get called for interview.

Can those of you who get interviews for RoC please state if you were interviewed for AoS, so we can see if there is any pattern to it, or just random. Thanks. :)

Yes, we were interviewed (together) for AoS. I actually thought this happened to everyone. It was very casual - the agent asked us about our relationship in general for about 15 minutes and then approved us.

Hi Brogeo,

I saw your thread here , does your spouse send money home on a regular basis. Apparently that is a big NO..NO with IO's now a days and get called for interview.

No, she doesn't. We did send her brother a monetary gift on the occasion of his own marriage, but that's the extent of the money sent home.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

March filer with interview towards the end of the month. Yes we were interviewed for our AOS. No RFE's. I suspect we are singled out because my wife is a number of years older than me, and I'm sure that's a bit unusual even these days.

Forgot to update the general thread:

We got the letter yesterday informing us of our interview date: September 15. So in our case it took a little over 2 weeks from the initial letter informing us of the case relocation until the interview letter. And the interview date was a little more than a month hence.

• 1 month later...

Card Production Ordered!!

Forgot to update the general thread:

We got the letter yesterday informing us of our interview date: September 15. So in our case it took a little over 2 weeks from the initial letter informing us of the case relocation until the interview letter. And the interview date was a little more than a month hence.

How did the interview go, Brogeo?

I'm curious because I had a friendly, casual AOS interview at the San Jose office, and I've not yet been approved for ROC, so wondering if I might have another interview, too.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

I'm curious because I had a friendly, casual AOS interview at the San Jose office, and I've not yet been approved for ROC, so wondering if I might have another interview, too.

For the detailed answer, check here, but the short answer is that it was even more casual than our (also) casual AoS interview at San Jose. The officer indicated that we'd be approved soon, but we haven't seen anything yet. So still have our fingers crossed. :)

Oh, that's good to hear! Sounds like you were approved, and I hope you hear something soon! :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

The interview was first my wife and them me, the IO asked how we met, how I proposed,and why I married her, silly like that and asked for some more evidence like lease and tax . I sent them a couple of weeks after and saw the email : card production ordered! Its been over a month since we had our interview. So hold on tight!

• 2 weeks later...

which come first biometric, RFE, interview notice

For us, biometrics came first, then interview notice. We never received an RFE, but I believe they can come either before or after the interview.

From what I've gathered here on the forums, it would be highly unlikely for anything to come before biometrics.

We received the physical green card today. My wife was practically doing cartwheels on the lawn. :)

Edited by Brogeo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.