Lesia

Ukrainian Embassy and interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everybody!

I am trying to bring my Mother to America, applied twice for visitor's visa was denied, had to wait till became a citizen.

My case is still in NVC, but I am just wondering, if anybody knows how long does it usually take to wait for the interviw in Ukrainian Embassy once it is scheduled? Any help would be appreciated. :D

March 9th - 2011 Oath ceremony

March 9th - 2011 Mailed I-130 for my Mother

June 16th - 2011 I-130 approved

July 15th 2011 case arrived in NVC

July 25th 2011 case number assigned, AOS paid on-line, choice of agent mailed

July 27th 2011 AOS showed as paid, AOS package mailed by overnight mail, choice of agent approved

July 28th 2011 AOS package delivered to NVC

July 29th 2011 IV fees paid on-line

August 1 2011 IV fees showed as paid

August 1 2011 IV package mailed by overnight mail.....

Edited by Lesia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everybody!

I am trying to bring my Mother to America, applied twice for visitor's visa was denied, had to wait till became a citizen.

My case is still in NVC, but I am just wondering, if anybody knows how long does it usually take to wait for the interviw in Ukrainian Embassy once it is scheduled? Any help would be appreciated. :D

March 9th - 2011 Oath ceremony

March 9th - 2011 Mailed I-130 for my Mother

June 16th - 2011 I-130 approved

July 15th 2011 case arrived in NVC

July 25th 2011 case number assigned, AOS paid on-line, choice of agent mailed

July 27th 2011 AOS showed as paid, AOS package mailed by overnight mail, choice of agent approved

July 28th 2011 AOS package delivered to NVC

July 29th 2011 IV fees paid on-line

August 1 2011 IV fees showed as paid

August 1 2011 IV package mailed by overnight mail.....

For an IV she will be admitted at 8:30 into the consulate and will probably be out of there before noon. They have a nice room to wait in

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you for a fast response!

But what I meant is how long does it usually take to wait for the interview after case is completed in NVC?

Sorry, for confusion.

When the case is finished at NVC it will take (usually) 2-3 weeks for it to be entered into Kiev's system. At that point you call the call center and make an appointment. The lead times for appoitnments vary. When we went it was 2 months, when our son went it was 3 days, recent people interviewing are reporting that they get an interview in 3 weeks to 1 month. The consulate website has a schedule showing current lead times.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

When the case is finished at NVC it will take (usually) 2-3 weeks for it to be entered into Kiev's system. At that point you call the call center and make an appointment. The lead times for appoitnments vary. When we went it was 2 months, when our son went it was 3 days, recent people interviewing are reporting that they get an interview in 3 weeks to 1 month. The consulate website has a schedule showing current lead times.

Thank you so much for the fast response!

I think NVC will schedule an interview for my Mother, since it is an immigrant visa.

Back in 2007, when I was scheduling my interview for K1 visa, I had to wait almost 2 months for my interview. I thought things might change since.

I was on Kiev Embassy web site, but I didn't see any info about schedule current lead times. If you know where it is, could you, please, send me a link? Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Edited by Lesia

This is the best that I could find regarding scheduling. http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/scheduling.html

On that link there is a place for case status (on left) that you can input the information about the case that could help. I couldn't find the listing Gary talked about for scheduling of types of visas.

Good Luck! :)

Timeline

This is the best that I could find regarding scheduling. http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/scheduling.html

On that link there is a place for case status (on left) that you can input the information about the case that could help. I couldn't find the listing Gary talked about for scheduling of types of visas.

Good Luck! :)

Thank you so much!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.