figuringthisout

Changing name on CareCard (Health Card)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife is getting her name changed on her Care Card... any idea how long it -really- takes? The website says after sending in the documentation that's required and submitting the forms etc, it takes 4 weeks! =S

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife is getting her name changed on her Care Card... any idea how long it -really- takes? The website says after sending in the documentation that's required and submitting the forms etc, it takes 4 weeks! =S

Are you referring to your wife's canadian/provincial health card? If the site says it takes that long then I would assume it does.

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Not sure I understand your question. If your wife is Canadian and entered the US on an immigration visa, she should return her card, not change her name, as she is no longer eligible for Canadian health care.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

Not sure I understand your question. If your wife is Canadian and entered the US on an immigration visa, she should return her card, not change her name, as she is no longer eligible for Canadian health care.

I considered asking that as well! If she's no longer a Canadian resident, she is not entitled to Provincial healthcare.

Are you in the midst of your IR1/CR1?

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Well she's still a Canadian citizen and resident. yes, we're in the midst of our cr1... we need a form of id in her married name for her passport application... so I was hoping someone who had a simple name change would be able to chime in and say if it really DID take 4 weeks to simply change the name and reprint a card. we need to send a copy of the carecard in with her passport application.... this is our last step before she gets her interview date and its a punch in the face its going to potentially take a month extra!

canada passports suck! why cant we just send in our marriage certificate... but no they need something in her married name. i dont see the difference!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well she's still a Canadian citizen and resident. yes, we're in the midst of our cr1... we need a form of id in her married name for her passport application... so I was hoping someone who had a simple name change would be able to chime in and say if it really DID take 4 weeks to simply change the name and reprint a card. we need to send a copy of the carecard in with her passport application.... this is our last step before she gets her interview date and its a punch in the face its going to potentially take a month extra!

canada passports suck! why cant we just send in our marriage certificate... but no they need something in her married name. i dont see the difference!

Well if it makes you feel any better wait times for interviews are longer than a month right now, so it shouldn't really set you back at all.

Another option might be to get her DL name changed also and see what comes faster.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

It'll take 4-5 weeks to get an ID card =S

But that is good to know... hopefully they're still not taking a month AFTER we get this all sorted! lol

Patience is a virtue with this stuff :) Once you're ready to book your interview, you're likely looking at dates that are a few months out from when you're ready so just keep that in mind. Montreal books 3-4 months out and you can't book an interview until you're given the green light.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Patience is a virtue with this stuff :) Once you're ready to book your interview, you're likely looking at dates that are a few months out from when you're ready so just keep that in mind. Montreal books 3-4 months out and you can't book an interview until you're given the green light.

So they changed spousal visas now? you can book your own? As far as I was aware its still Montreal booking them for spousals and K-1s are self booking.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline
Montreal books 3-4 months out and you can't book an interview until you're given the green light.

Holy #######! Don't tell me that... that's nearly as long as it took just to get through the whole paperwork process!

But seriously, after we get the IV packet and all that jazz sent out... and everything's complete at the NVC... I should expect 3-4 months (plus perhaps a month so 4-5 months) until she actually has her interview!?!?!?

Edited by figuringthisout

Timeline

So they changed spousal visas now? you can book your own? As far as I was aware its still Montreal booking them for spousals and K-1s are self booking.

My bad, that's still the case.

Holy #######! Don't tell me that... that's nearly as long as it took just to get through the whole paperwork process!

But seriously, after we get the IV packet and all that jazz sent out... and everything's complete at the NVC... I should expect 3-4 months (plus perhaps a month so 4-5 months) until she actually has her interview!?!?!?

I would look at some of the other IR-1/CR-1 timelines from recently so you can get a realistic view of how long it will take. I'm not as familiar with that process, but I do know that Montreal doesn't book interviews as quickly as other consulates.

Hopefully someone going through the IR-1/CR-1 process in Canada right now can chime in and give you an idea of how long you will wait.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Hopefully someone going through the IR-1/CR-1 process in Canada right now can chime in and give you an idea of how long you will wait.

Oy! You scared the poopie out of me! hehe

Looking through some recent timelines (thanks for that idea!) it looks like NOA2 to Interview Date is anywhere from 3-5 months... which is about what I was expecting. We got NOA2 in June so we figured about Oct / November... if anyone's lurking this, chime in! Does that sound realistic?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.