only_wish

F1 case Completed april 1st 2011

33 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello guys, I am very disappointed need help...

My F1 case at nvc completed on april 1st 2011. NVC said to wait 8 weeks and will fwd the case to ukraine...is been way over 8 weeks and still haven't heard anything from them :(

ANYONE ELSE FACING THE SAME SITUATION? :crying:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello guys, I am very disappointed need help...

My F1 case at nvc completed on april 1st 2011. NVC said to wait 8 weeks and will fwd the case to ukraine...is been way over 8 weeks and still haven't heard anything from them :(

ANYONE ELSE FACING THE SAME SITUATION? :crying:

Hi Only_wish, Are you FB1 and who petitioned for you? What is you priority date? Please share your information.

my mom petitioned it. priority date is september 2006.

I am F1 too waiting for my PD to be current. You have to check visa bulletin on monthly basis at USCIS so you can keep track on cut-off date movement. Once the cut-off date advances beyond your PD, they will schedule the interview date for you. My dad petitioned for me and my PD is 14 Aug. 2006. You are welcome to join us at below thread so we can share our immigration information . At this thread, we are all F1 waiting for our PD to be current.

http://***removed***/forum/showthread.php?p=93592#post93592

Im

Unable to open

The link..what is the cut off date as of today?

The cut-off dates for August visa bulletin is 01MAY04. We hope that the cut-off dates of visa bulletin for October will start moving. Sorry! I think it was removed by the administrator of this forum. You can check out the ***removed*** forum.

Filed: Timeline

my mom petitioned it. priority date is september 2006.

The current PD for the F1 category in the August 2011 Visa Bulletin is May 1, 2004. Your PD is about 2 and a half years from being current. US laws requires a PD to be current before a visa can be issued. There are no exceptions.

Your PD has never been current. The problem is that your PD was anticipated to being current, but then retrogression occurred in your category. The current PD was pushed back about 2 years.

Until your PD is current, there is nothing you, the NVC, or the US Embassy can do. You will have to wait for your PD to be current for a visa interview. The US Embassy is unlikely to conduct a visa interview when it does not have the authority to issue a visa to you. In addition, it would be a waste of resources for the US Embassy to work on your case at this time because there are lots of folks with current PDs who are waiting for interviews. The US Embassy will inform you when they can take action on your case. You'll have to wait for your PD to be current. Look at the Visa Bulletin.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Filed: Timeline

Omg that is crazy...when the case is complete y cant they just give an interview date:(

They can't give you an interview because the law does not allow them to give you a visa right now. They will give you an interview when the law does allow them to grant you a visa.

It doesn't make sense to interview people years before a visa can be given to them. Why interview people who may qualify now for a visa but later can not be issued a visa? That's crazy.

There are 226,000 immigration visas available this year. There are over a million people waiting for those visas. Many of those people will file additional petitions for their relatives when they get here. This is why it takes people years to get a visa. It would be crazy to let everyone in immediately and have them immediately bring in more people. The US economy could not absorb that many new workers.

Be patience. Your turn will come. Others have been waiting longer than you for the opportunity to immigrate to the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

SINCE THE CASE IS COMPLETE CAN I INVOLVE THE SENATOR? OR WRITE A LETTER FOR THE NVC FOR INTERVIEW DATE?

nothing can be done until your priority date is current, there are others waiting before you. you just have to sit tight and wait until your PD becomes current and they send you the interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.