Panda_T

I-864 #25 for single sponsor with joint tax return

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Hi,dear all,

Is anybody facing this issue? would you please share your experience with me?

I will sponsor my mom for IR5, I don't need my husband's income. In I-864 form #23 and #24, I fill in my individual annual income, but for #25, since I always file joint tax with my husband, I don't know how to fill in #25. somebody says just use the joint total income in line 22 in 1040 form, but that's the joint income with my husband, somebody says breakdown the income, but how? somebody say just use the amount in your W-2, which one is right? or all wrong?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi,dear all,

Is anybody facing this issue? would you please share your experience with me?

I will sponsor my mom for IR5, I don't need my husband's income. In I-864 form #23 and #24, I fill in my individual annual income, but for #25, since I always file joint tax with my husband, I don't know how to fill in #25. somebody says just use the joint total income in line 22 in 1040 form, but that's the joint income with my husband, somebody says breakdown the income, but how? somebody say just use the amount in your W-2, which one is right? or all wrong?

Thanks!

you will need to send also copies of your w2s which have your individual income. repeat the same amount for your individual income. the amount should match your w2.

Timeline

you will need to send also copies of your w2s which have your individual income. repeat the same amount for your individual income. the amount should match your w2.

Thank you, Aleful.

You mean I still submit the joint tax return with my W-2 form, in #25 field in I-864 form, I fill in the amount from my W-2 form (in line 1?) instead of the total annual income of my husband and me, right?

Timeline

Thank you, Aleful.

You mean I still submit the joint tax return with my W-2 form, in #25 field in I-864 form, I fill in the amount from my W-2 form (in line 1?) instead of the total annual income of my husband and me, right?

yes,

you can't separate your joint tax returns, but they will know by the w2 and your paystubs, you can also submit the last paystubs, with that they will figure out how much annual income you make.

Timeline

Aleful, thank you for your quick reply.

If I use tax return transcript instead of 1040 form, in this case, do I still need my W-2 to indicate my income in last three years? otherwise, they still have no clue about my portion of incoume, right?

Timeline

Aleful, thank you for your quick reply.

If I use tax return transcript instead of 1040 form, in this case, do I still need my W-2 to indicate my income in last three years? otherwise, they still have no clue about my portion of incoume, right?

exactly,

w2, paystubs and (optional) a letter from the employer are all proofs of your individual income.

Timeline

Clear now, thanks. Let me summarize as the following:

I will put the number in line 1 on my W-2 form to question #25 in I-864 form, attach my employment letter, recent 6 pay stubs and W-2 form with tax return transcript.

Finally I got the anwser, thank you so much.

Timeline

If I got a W-2 form and a 1099 form in 2008, but I only want to put the amount on my W-2 form in #25 in I-864, do I still need to apply 1099 form when submit 2008 tax return, or only W-2 is enough?

the most important one is the most recent tax, which would be 2010. if you are going to submit the last 3 taxes, 2010, 2009 and 2008 and you have filed jointly, then the w2s of each year, plus the taxes submitted for each year.

Timeline

the most important one is the most recent tax, which would be 2010. if you are going to submit the last 3 taxes, 2010, 2009 and 2008 and you have filed jointly, then the w2s of each year, plus the taxes submitted for each year.

Got it, thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.