fight4love

SLEC Psych Evaluation - Results & Concerns

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Get a copy of the report (if you can), what you're looking for is a finding stating either you are or are not a danger to yourself & others.

From your post in the other thread you incident was some time ago and not repeated. You even indicated that the recover process resulted in a stronger better you which if conveyed to the Psych professional is a very good indicator that the incident is behind you and no longer is a problem.

why u had that same test i did..? that's only their procedure and no one failed on that eval. unless the patient is really insane :yes:;)

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Get a copy of the report (if you can), what you're looking for is a finding stating either you are or are not a danger to yourself & others.

From your post in the other thread you incident was some time ago and not repeated. You even indicated that the recover process resulted in a stronger better you which if conveyed to the Psych professional is a very good indicator that the incident is behind you and no longer is a problem.

Thank you so much for your response. I'm just really concerned about the fact that I denied the real reason the first time merely because I was so afraid that it could affect my process and of course being with the man I love. During the evaluation the doctor offered me a chance to restate the real reason as he was not buying my alibi. I apologized several times and said I did not mean to insult or offend anyone and that I was only afraid that my past will be a hindrance to my future. I began telling the doctor that it was way back in High School and inflicted that on my self because I was lonely and wanted a better attention from my mom. I told him that when my mom saw my wounds 2-3 days later we talked about it and the relationship improved slowly. The doctor asked if I repeated it and I said no...and I really didn't :) On the information sheet, it was clear that I am a functioning member of the society and worked in few of the top BPO companies in the Philippines and had been a supervisor and shift manager.

I know I'm not insane (lol) but I am concerned about the initial denial. Also, after my statement of the truth, I cried as I repeated my apology to the doctor for denying the facts and that I was just really afraid of how this could affect my dream, future and being with the man I love.

Will this affect my interview? Please all your responses will be highly appreciated. My interview is only in a few days.

why u had that same test i did..? that's only their procedure and no one failed on that eval. unless the patient is really insane :yes:;)

Thank you so much for your response. I'm just really concerned about the fact that I denied the real reason the first time merely because I was so afraid that it could affect my process and of course being with the man I love. During the evaluation the doctor offered me a chance to restate the real reason as he was not buying my alibi. I apologized several times and said I did not mean to insult or offend anyone and that I was only afraid that my past will be a hindrance to my future. I began telling the doctor that it was way back in High School and inflicted that on my self because I was lonely and wanted a better attention from my mom. I told him that when my mom saw my wounds 2-3 days later we talked about it and the relationship improved slowly. The doctor asked if I repeated it and I said no...and I really didn't :) On the information sheet, it was clear that I am a functioning member of the society and worked in few of the top BPO companies in the Philippines and had been a supervisor and shift manager.

I know I'm not insane (lol) but I am concerned about the initial denial. Also, after my statement of the truth, I cried as I repeated my apology to the doctor for denying the facts and that I was just really afraid of how this could affect my dream, future and being with the man I love.

Will this affect my interview? Please all your responses will be highly appreciated. My interview is only in a few days.

Timeline

Hi Tina,

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate your efforts to help. I'm so worried about the medical results. My interview is next week and I can't get a good sleep and my fiance is also stressed out but we still managed to laugh at it and he reassured me time and time again that no matter what he's not giving up. Awwe... Anyway, I guess worrying is just normal especially if we dont have the results yet.

By the way, I only did the Psych Evaluation. Then I was told to call 2-3 days for the results. What are the indications that the Psych Eval is failed? What's the worst that could happen and what are the reasons/grounds for such?

Many thanks again. I hope to hear from you again.

Hi Tina,

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate your efforts to help. I'm so worried about the medical results. My interview is next week and I can't get a good sleep and my fiance is also stressed out but we still managed to laugh at it and he reassured me time and time again that no matter what he's not giving up. Awwe... Anyway, I guess worrying is just normal especially if we dont have the results yet.

By the way, I only did the Psych Evaluation. Then I was told to call 2-3 days for the results. What are the indications that the Psych Eval is failed? What's the worst that could happen and what are the reasons/grounds for such?

Timeline

Hi,

PS: I don't think they give out the results of the Psych Eval. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by fight4love

yes u cant have the result of the psych eval bcoz it is confidential.. but the worst u can have is do the psych test.. w/c is depend on the psych dr. who did the psych eval. to u in slec.. but dont worry u will be alright.. told u it is just their procedure.. and after all that process in ur med. u can have ur interview ok...

if they tell u to do the psych test then u will gonna have the result of that after 2-3 wks. and its a one day battery of test...

good luck!!!

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Hi fight4love- just read this thread... : Wrist Scars/ St. LUke's

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

TO the OP, I am on the same boat about a month ago. We underwent the same thing - psych evaluation. But I don't think you need to worry about this one because, in reality, if the psych eval was actually a "real" one (i was a nurse and i know for a fact that for assessment to be valid and precise, evaluation should take more than an hour or more than one session), it should be thorough, prolly will last at least an hour and he will ask you more questions regarding the incident, what are the factors behind the incident and all that. In my experience, I was only interviewed for a good 5 minutes, and most of that time was spent asking information already written in the forms that we previously filled out. So please do not be worried. Waiting for the interview day is stressful enough. Smile, I'll pray for you and I know everyone in VJ will pray that you pass the medical with flying colors!

TO the OP, I am on the same boat about a month ago. We underwent the same thing - psych evaluation. But I don't think you need to worry about this one because, in reality, if the psych eval was actually a "real" one (i was a nurse and i know for a fact that for assessment to be valid and precise, evaluation should take more than an hour or more than one session), it should be thorough, prolly will last at least an hour and he will ask you more questions regarding the incident, what are the factors behind the incident and all that. In my experience, I was only interviewed for a good 5 minutes, and most of that time was spent asking information already written in the forms that we previously filled out. So please do not be worried. Waiting for the interview day is stressful enough. Smile, I'll pray for you and I know everyone in VJ will pray that you pass the medical with flying colors!

There is one difference between you and the OP. She lied during her medical/ psych exam about her scar, you did not. And that's what she's worried about.

@ OP- Best of luck to you...(F)

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

yes u cant have the result of the psych eval bcoz it is confidential.. but the worst u can have is do the psych test.. w/c is depend on the psych dr. who did the psych eval. to u in slec.. but dont worry u will be alright.. told u it is just their procedure.. and after all that process in ur med. u can have ur interview ok...

if they tell u to do the psych test then u will gonna have the result of that after 2-3 wks. and its a one day battery of test...

good luck!!!

Hi,

Got my immunization yesterday. Got my CD and vaccination documentation too. No other referrals given to me. However, I'm still worried - although it's pretty normal to feel nervous and worried since this whole process really feels like being the with the one you love most is in the hands of someone else. Do you think other concerns MIGHT arise during the interview?

Much thanks!

Timeline

There is one difference between you and the OP. She lied during her medical/ psych exam about her scar, you did not. And that's what she's worried about.

@ OP- Best of luck to you...(F)

Thanks for your response. And yes, I wasn't forthcoming in my initial statement however I decided to come clean with it and the my honest reasons for not being forthcoming. The doctor said it's ok and even said "don't you just feel better now?" And honestly, I did. I just hope his write up is not as bad as I'm worried about. I acknowledged my mistake and I hope I get a chance to continue my journey to just be with the man I love. If it fails, then he said he's coming here to marry me. There's no room to giving up - just learning from the past and do our best to be better everyday.

If you come across similar story as mine - please share it/them with me. I'm really worried. LOL. I can't help it.

Timeline

Hi Len Ben,

Thank you for your advice and sharing your story. I actually read your threads too. It's comforting but I guess the being worried part will have to stay until I get the results. Have you come across a story/K1 applicant who got denied because of a similar scenario?

Just to share:

Got my immunization yesterday. Got my CD and vaccination documentation too. No other referrals given to me. However, I'm still worried - although it's pretty normal to feel nervous and worried since this whole process really feels like being the with the one you love most is in the hands of someone else. Do you think other concerns MIGHT arise during the interview?

Much thanks!

fight4love

Hi Len Ben,

Thank you for your advice and sharing your story. I actually read your threads too. It's comforting but I guess the being worried part will have to stay until I get the results. Have you come across a story/K1 applicant who got denied because of a similar scenario?

Just to share:

Much thanks!

fight4love

I know how it feels like, believe me, I had my medical a month before my interview just to make sure because I have been reading about people having scars on the wrist and how they are delayed for days, sometimes weeks. During the physical exam, I did deny the cause of my scars, saying it was caused by some other stuff, but the doctor did not buy it, she still gave me referral to a psychiatrist. So I was thinking about the results of my medical for a month, especially, I kinda got a glimpse of that 'annotation' medical condition class B due to life problems. and also, the 'psychiatrist' made a sarcastic question 'what if my visa ends up being denied because of my past, how will I deal with it?'. I was worried sick for almost a month. But during the interview, everything went well. The 'medical condition' did not come up during the interview with the pre-screener nor the actual interview with the consular officer. The pre-screener asked me 5 questions, actually there were only 3, coz the first two, he asked for my name and date of birth:(did I apply for a US visa before?; did I go out of the country before?: where I met my husband?) Consul asked me two questions: (when I met my husband and how long ago was the wedding), 2 questions directed to my husband (What is his profession? and why did he stay for almost 2 years in the PI?) Nothing about the medical. :yes:

Timeline

I know how it feels like, believe me, I had my medical a month before my interview just to make sure because I have been reading about people having scars on the wrist and how they are delayed for days, sometimes weeks. During the physical exam, I did deny the cause of my scars, saying it was caused by some other stuff, but the doctor did not buy it, she still gave me referral to a psychiatrist. So I was thinking about the results of my medical for a month, especially, I kinda got a glimpse of that 'annotation' medical condition class B due to life problems. and also, the 'psychiatrist' made a sarcastic question 'what if my visa ends up being denied because of my past, how will I deal with it?'. I was worried sick for almost a month. But during the interview, everything went well. The 'medical condition' did not come up during the interview with the pre-screener nor the actual interview with the consular officer. The pre-screener asked me 5 questions, actually there were only 3, coz the first two, he asked for my name and date of birth:(did I apply for a US visa before?; did I go out of the country before?: where I met my husband?) Consul asked me two questions: (when I met my husband and how long ago was the wedding), 2 questions directed to my husband (What is his profession? and why did he stay for almost 2 years in the PI?) Nothing about the medical. :yes:

Hi Len Ben,

Wow! Thank you so much for continuing to respond to my messages. With regard to the CO interview - I'm guessing it could be different from case to case. I'm expecting a tougher time 'cause I'm K1 and you're already married. Do you know any member who was a K1 applicant and went through the same process (psych eval)? Many thanks again. Pasencya ka na sa kakulitan ko. Sobrang worried talaga. Hehe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.