RealAI

IR1 Consulate in Riyadh - confusing situation

2 posts in this topic

My husband had his IR1 interview on April 9th in US embassy in Riyadh. After the interview he was given a 221g blue form requesting additional documents. They requested

1. certified copy of my divorce decree

2. copy of my naturalization certificate

3. Proof of ongoing relationship- Phonebills, e-mails etc.

My husband submitted the requested documents within a few days in person at the US embassy in Riyadh. They kept his passport and the documents, made him pay for fedex for passport return and told him that they will request additional documents if needed.

On May 17th my husband got his passport back with a 221g blue form dated May 15th saying that his case was being sent back to NVC/USCIS with recommendation for revocation.I called NVC and state dept once a week to see if the petition was sent back, but they kept saying they didn't have it. beginning of July I came to Riyadh to spend few months with my husband.

I called US embassy in Riyadh day b4 yesterday. I gave them my case number and asked if my case was sent back to USCIS yet. The man pulled up my file and asked if I was the petitioner. He said that he did not know if it was sent back as his coworker handles the sending and his coworker was away for lunch. He took my cell # and promised to call back with the info once his coworker was back. But no one called. Today I called again and another man answered. I asked him the same thing. To my surprize he told me that the case was not supposed to be back to USCIS and it was with the head of the consular section. He then put me on hold and I heard him ask someone if recommendations were being made on this case. I told him that we received a letter saying that it was being sent back to USCIS. I also told him that it has been 3 months after the interview and since my husband cud not go to the US I came to Saudi Arabia for long period of time leaving my 10 year old child from my previos marraige behind and it is very hard. I asked if we cud get another interview. He said he will talk to the head of the dept and let me know. within two hrs he called me back saying that the head said that she will review the case again n after that call us for interview.

Does anyone have similar experience where consulate was still reviewing the case even after sending a decision saying the case will be returned to USCIS/NVC. Is this positive or negative? can u please share your thoughts?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

My husband had his IR1 interview on April 9th in US embassy in Riyadh. After the interview he was given a 221g blue form requesting additional documents. They requested

1. certified copy of my divorce decree

2. copy of my naturalization certificate

3. Proof of ongoing relationship- Phonebills, e-mails etc.

My husband submitted the requested documents within a few days in person at the US embassy in Riyadh. They kept his passport and the documents, made him pay for fedex for passport return and told him that they will request additional documents if needed.

On May 17th my husband got his passport back with a 221g blue form dated May 15th saying that his case was being sent back to NVC/USCIS with recommendation for revocation.I called NVC and state dept once a week to see if the petition was sent back, but they kept saying they didn't have it. beginning of July I came to Riyadh to spend few months with my husband.

I called US embassy in Riyadh day b4 yesterday. I gave them my case number and asked if my case was sent back to USCIS yet. The man pulled up my file and asked if I was the petitioner. He said that he did not know if it was sent back as his coworker handles the sending and his coworker was away for lunch. He took my cell # and promised to call back with the info once his coworker was back. But no one called. Today I called again and another man answered. I asked him the same thing. To my surprize he told me that the case was not supposed to be back to USCIS and it was with the head of the consular section. He then put me on hold and I heard him ask someone if recommendations were being made on this case. I told him that we received a letter saying that it was being sent back to USCIS. I also told him that it has been 3 months after the interview and since my husband cud not go to the US I came to Saudi Arabia for long period of time leaving my 10 year old child from my previos marraige behind and it is very hard. I asked if we cud get another interview. He said he will talk to the head of the dept and let me know. within two hrs he called me back saying that the head said that she will review the case again n after that call us for interview.

Does anyone have similar experience where consulate was still reviewing the case even after sending a decision saying the case will be returned to USCIS/NVC. Is this positive or negative? can u please share your thoughts?

I haven't seen that posted before but its not uncommon for the Embassy to let them sit for a long time before sending back. Maybe you got lucky here and will get a re-look before they send back, or maybe talk to both of you and not send back. ? Who knows, good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.