taniya

Change Consular Post

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Well, after few RFE from NVC & great help by VJ members, our case got completed at NVC according to its automated message. Though, I have not received any correspondence from NVC yet & am still able to sign up into their payment portal. Does NVC usually send any email or letter to notify the completion of Case?

Hopefully the case will move on from NVC to Consular post once I completed with my naturalization, which may take another three months. However we are planning to change the consular post from Dhaka to Saudi as my spouse is currently working there. As far as I understand that my case will remain with NVC until the PD becomes current or I have been naturalized. Hence I would have to send a written request to NVC for change visa/ consular post. But I am wondering how NVC processes such request & what does NVC require for changing consular post:

1. Can I just send an email to request NVC for changing consular post? I have been corresponding with NVC by email from the beginning.

2. Do I need to send any supporting documents to NVC for changing consular post?

3. Will NVC assign a new case number for changing the consular post from Dhaka to Saudi US Embassy or the previous case number will be valid to proceed further at US Consulate in Saudi?

4. Will it require any additional task or need to re-open the case at NVC for applying the changes of Consular post?

5. I have three months to get the naturalization certificate. Will that be enough time for NVC to complete the needful process for changing consular post?

I have been reading post from many VJ members about their experience with changing consular post. Please share your suggestion or opinions to the above concern.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Edited by taniya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We never got to the point of changing, but before anything was sent to NVC, I spoke with them about using San Jose Costa Rica versus CDJ Mexico, and they told us we could change at any time before the interview was scheduled, but as I said, we never exercised the option, so don't know the details--sorry.

In our case, my wife is a dual citizen of Costa Rica and Mexico, so that may have made the option more viable--just don't know for sure.

Timeline

We never got to the point of changing, but before anything was sent to NVC, I spoke with them about using San Jose Costa Rica versus CDJ Mexico, and they told us we could change at any time before the interview was scheduled, but as I said, we never exercised the option, so don't know the details--sorry.

In our case, my wife is a dual citizen of Costa Rica and Mexico, so that may have made the option more viable--just don't know for sure.

Thanks for your reply. I hope there are some members in VJ who went through this process & would be able to help me in this regard.

Timeline

Thanks for your reply. I hope there are some members in VJ who went through this process & would be able to help me in this regard.

Is there anyone who went through the process of changing consular post? Please write your experience to help me out with above queries.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.