waiting066

NVC case complete and now ?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys,

I'm like many of you out there. Waiting for my wife to get here.

I'm a U.s citizen and filed for her IR-1 back in January 2011. I was under the impression that things will go faster and she will be here by June/july.

We have only spent few weeks together since the wedding and this long distance marriage brings its own share of stress which i'm sure most of you can relate too.

My question is : NVC automated voice staus finally changed saying my case was approved on July 14th and please wait 8 weeks for further instructions.I've a lawyer/agent who is doing things on my behalf. i want to know how long from now can i expect her to get her interview date. My indian consulate will be in Delhi since my wife lifes there.

If i'm correct, i don't have to worry about any prority date issue since she is my spouse and i'm a u.s citizen filing for her.

Any words of encouragement ? It has been a long 7 months that's for sure.

Ram

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You will now be getting your interview date via email and your case will be transferred to NWD. It will most likely be a September date. Your wife will need to complete her medical in the meantime.

8-9 months is average for a CR/IR1 case. Dilli is a b!tch of a consulate so prepare accordingly.

Good luck! Hang in there, you're in the last stretch now!

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi guys,

I'm a U.s citizen and filed for her IR-1 back in January 2011. I was under the impression that things will go faster and she will be here by June/july.

We have only spent few weeks together since the wedding and this long distance marriage brings its own share of stress which i'm sure most of you can relate too.

My question is : NVC automated voice staus finally changed saying my case was approved on July 14th and please wait 8 weeks for further instructions.I've a lawyer/agent who is doing things on my behalf. i want to know how long from now can i expect her to get her interview date. My indian consulate will be in Delhi since my wife lifes there.

If i'm correct, i don't have to worry about any prority date issue since she is my spouse and i'm a u.s citizen filing for her.

Ram

Hi there, you should post your question at the India thread, or the January Filers.

My advice, be patient and keep the faith

Good luckgood.gif

09/2009 - Met in Paris, France at work
04-23-2010 Marriage in Madison, Alabama
USCIS
07-19-2010 Filed I-130 - CR1 & CR2 (my daughter)
07-20-2010 Priority date
07-27-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)
11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre
02-23-2011 NOA2 for my case
03-09-2011 NOA2 for daughter's case
NVC
03-04-2011 Case #
03-17-2011 Daughter's case#
04-21-2011 AOS & Support docs delivered to NVC
04-22-2011 NVC receive
(RFEs : Jan 27, Feb 8, May 4 & 5, all of them nonsense based, our birth certificates are multi-lingual, but they only see it when I call them after receiving the RFE)

05-23-2011 Checklists delivered to NVC (desperately waiting for CC)
06-06-2011 SIF
06-08-2011 CC (both mine & daughter's) + RFE - checklist to bring to interview
06-28-2011 Medical exam - Passed
07-19-2011 Interview in Paris - Passed
07-26-2011 Visa in hand
08/05/2011 POE Atlanta

08/22/2011 SSN Card in hand
08/23/2011 GC in hand Yipeeeeeeeeeeee

Removal of Conditions

07/20/2013 Petitions sent

07/23/2013 NOA

07/29/2013 NOA received

08/03/2013 Biometrics appointment letter received, scheduled 08/20/2013 in Birmingham AL

Timeline

Hi guys,

Ram

[/q

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/319493-case-completed-at-nvc-waiting-for-interview-date/

Just follow this threads.

I think you might be get in Sep bet 1 to 15.

Good luck

Timeline

[/q

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/319493-case-completed-at-nvc-waiting-for-interview-date/

Just follow this threads.

I think you might be get in Sep bet 1 to 15.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies guys. It's so hard and stressful to wait these long months. I really hope september is the Month although i'd love for it to be august somehow.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.