bigtailbear

Some Question for I-134

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

On the I-134, I am not sure how would be best to answer this question:

"9. I have previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s). If none, state none."

I am currently full-time student with no income. So I am asking for my aunt to be my co-sponsor ( my parents' income(taxed) is not qualified)

1.Do my aunt and I need to file I-134 individually?

2.My aunt submitted I-864 affidavit of support for my parents and I on 2005.Is it correct that my I-864 was terminated when I became a citizen(read from forum)? So we only need to write down my parents' name?

3.I am confusing about the family size since my case is complicated...Not sure whether the family size for my aunt is 4+1 or 4+2(My aunt, her husband+my parents(I-864)+my fiancee+(myself)) ?

3.My aunt files tax jointly with her husband. does I-134 only consider her income?

Thanks all=)

03/21/11 I-129F sent

03/23/11 NOA1

06/15/11 RFE mailed

06/17/11 RFE received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

now that you are a citizen, the I-864 on you filed by your aunt is no longer in effect.

1. yes - GUZ IV needs to see YOUR I-134, even if it doesn't qualify fully.

2. yup, parents count, you don't. Count on your I-134 is 2 - you and your lass - count on yer aunt's is her, your parents, your lass, plus (I THINK) anyone else they would have claimed as a dependent on the tax return (unsure about this last part)

3. supposedly, but the math is tricky sometimes - Whilst the tax returns show both, her W-2s show hers. If it's not a complicated return with other schedules and forms and income types, can show the joint returns WITH her W-2s.

But I'm no expert on the affadavit of support - hopefully someone else will chime in, and soon.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

now that you are a citizen, the I-864 on you filed by your aunt is no longer in effect.

1. yes - GUZ IV needs to see YOUR I-134, even if it doesn't qualify fully.

2. yup, parents count, you don't. Count on your I-134 is 2 - you and your lass - count on yer aunt's is her, your parents, your lass, plus (I THINK) anyone else they would have claimed as a dependent on the tax return (unsure about this last part)

3. supposedly, but the math is tricky sometimes - Whilst the tax returns show both, her W-2s show hers. If it's not a complicated return with other schedules and forms and income types, can show the joint returns WITH her W-2s.

But I'm no expert on the affadavit of support - hopefully someone else will chime in, and soon.

Thank you for your responding.

One more question: Since my parents are counted as family member of my aunt, will it be a plus if my father (his taxed income is about 20k only) become a 2nd co-sponsor for my case? My aunt's annual income is about 45k per year and the HHS Poverty Guidelines for family size 6 is about 30k.

03/21/11 I-129F sent

03/23/11 NOA1

06/15/11 RFE mailed

06/17/11 RFE received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you can do some crazy additions on household income

if

your parents live with your aunt - then is 'combined household income' on someone, somebody, somehow - review the I-864a a bit for the guidelines..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.