MalloryEvans

How long did it take you to get your interview at the US Embassy in London after your medical?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My fiance is from England! We filed for our k1 back in October, 2010. Needless to say, this process is taking FOREVER for us. We've been very unlucky. But that aside, he had his medical today and it went really well! It did get me to thinking about other people in England having their medical and then going off to the interview. We've not heard back from the Embassy yet.

What was the date of your medical?

What was the date of your interview?

I've heard most people are told whether or not they will be approved or denied at the interview and usually 2 weeks later have their visa in hand. I hope this is true for us!

K-1 Fiance Visa

I-129F sent in - 10/7/10

NOA 1 - 10/15/10

RFE - 3/17/11 (the RFE was a bogus stall tactic)

RFE - 5/12/11 (another bogus, I told them I sent what they requested twice and threatened to call a state representative)

NOA 2 - 5/17/11 (they suddenly found the stuff they said they didn't have!)

Consulate received - 5/27/11

Packet 3 sent - 7/13/11

Medical - 7/15/11

Interview - 8/24/11 at 9AM GMT - APPROVED

Visa in hand - 8/30/11

POE - 9/3/11 - Newark

Wedding - 10/22/11

AOS

Sent packet - 11/22/11

Packet received at Chicago lockbox - 11/24/11

NOA 1 - 12/12/11

Check cashed/cleared - 12/12/11

Notice of biometrics appointment - 12/19/11

Biometrics appointment - 1/10/12 12PM in Saint Louis

My heart is in England in America with me!.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

My fiance is from England! We filed for our k1 back in October, 2010. Needless to say, this process is taking FOREVER for us. We've been very unlucky. But that aside, he had his medical today and it went really well! It did get me to thinking about other people in England having their medical and then going off to the interview. We've not heard back from the Embassy yet.

I've heard most people are told whether or not they will be approved or denied at the interview and usually 2 weeks later have their visa in hand. I hope this is true for us!

Hi there good luck to you, your nearly at the end of the K1 so thats great, I had problems with my medical so I was approved pending the medical, but once all that was resolved I had my visa within 5 days.

Just look forward now to being together and all the waiting will fade away.

Good Luck with your poe and entrance to the usa.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Matt had his medical June 3. I called DOS on June 17 and was told his interview date would be July 19. We received packet 4 confirming this on June 23. (I was glad I had called, it was nice to know). Hope that is helpful.

I suggest you move over to the UK Forum where there's lots of chatter on this subject. Just start reading threads and looking at timelines. No need to start a new thread. Join in with the group.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

i had my medical on 15th june and a week and a half later my interview letter came through for 25th july genee emailed embassy to get the interview moved to an earlier which was the 13th july,

good luck your almost there

Jock

Edited by little_g

7y6qm4.png
.....................................................................................................................................................
ROC Journey
09/23/13 - Sent I-751 Packet

09/27/13 - Received NOA1

10/07/13 - Received Biometrics Letter, appt sched for 10/31

10/09/13 - Received Transfer Notice. Case transferred to CSC Dated 10/08/13

10/31/13 - Attended Biometrics

02/18/14 - Approved!

02/26/14- 10 Year GC received!! exp. 2024!!

.....................................................................................................................................................

AOS Journey
8/13/11 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131 Petitions off together
8/18/11 - Received Email NOA1 for all three petitions
8/24/11 - Received Biometrics Appointment
9/13/11 - Had Biometrics Appointment
10/19/11 - EAD/AP Approval Text/Email / 10/27/11 - EAD/AP Card Received in Mail!
11/18/11 - Interview Text/Email for Dec 21st!
12/21/11 - Interviewed & APPROVED!
12/27/11 - Welcome to USA Letter & GC Received!!

K-1 Visa Journey
1/06/11 - Mailed I-129F to Texas Lockbox
1/07/11 - Packet received and sent on to VT
1/10/11 - NOA1 / 1/14/11 - NOA1 arrived by mail
5/09/11 - NOA2!! (Took 119 Days) / 5/12/11 - NOA2 arrived by mail
5/17/11 - NVC Received
5/18/11 - NVC Sent
5/20/11 - Embassy Received
6/11/11 - Packet 3 Sent
6/14/11 - Packet 3 signed for by someone called "KOKO"
6/15/11 - Medical / 6/20/11 - Medical Logged
6/23/11 - Packet 3 Logged
6/30/11 - Packet 4 Received (with original interview date of 7/25)
7/04/11 - Packet 4 Received (with new interview date of 7/13)
7/13/11 - Interview!! APPROVED!!!
7/15/11 - Visa in Hand
7/29/11 - POE JFK

8/06/11 - Wedding Day!
heart.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.