12 posts in this topic

I submitted all required documents to the NVC 23 June 2011. I have called weekly and have been told the usual, "We require 20 business days to process paperwork.", each time I call. Well folks... today I called and they have the paperwork and I was told I now have to wait for an available appointment date then the papers will be sent to the US Embassy in Manila. Going by what others have experienced I reasoned that the interview date should be early September 2011. Whoo Hoo! GIT R DONE!

Now I will wait for the official notification from the NVC and the arrival of the pre interview package to my wife. It has been a long wait and we still have a ways to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they freakin suck!!!! And very slow on reviewing stuff ive completed everything since april and hear nothing the whole month of may.. Send documents again in june and they just finalized it july now still waiting for an interview schedule and i was given september the only time to go on leave because of pre deployment trainings to afghan. I was given a bad attitude too by an operator for asking what is going on and its taking more than a year now. ####### employees of NVC.

I submitted my documents June 22nd 2011. I received an e-mail from them on July 8th saying they received my DS-230, but are still waiting on my Affidavit of Support. For the past 2 weeks when I call, they say that they have "received the checklist letter..." on July 11th, I'm assuming that means my Affidavit of Support. I mailed both the same day, but in different packets since the addressee was different on the cover sheets. Anyways, I have called them twice, they have told me they have received all the documents from me and do not need more documents at this time, and another operator told me on like the 13th that it should be done in 4 - 5 days. I'm just hoping everything goes smoothly from here. Also, Sign in is failing for me. What does the AVR system say when you guys call? I guess from what you guys are saying we are looking at September interviews.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and good luck!

PFPowder - Cheap Winter and Snowboarding Gear =)

Just called NVC last week and still no luck. They told me to call again on August 15 since the scheduling for Manila interviews is being done on the second week of every month.

Based on my observation of timelines for IR1/CR1 Manila cases here in VJ, it's 6 weeks by an average from the NVC Notice of Interview to Interview Date. If lucky enough to hear a good news from NVC on August 15, expect an interview date on the last week of September.

It's another waiting of 10 weeks!

Can't recall the exact AVR words but something like that they already received the checklist letter and AOS, and to wait 6-8 weeks to hear from them. I talked to an operator to confirm that my case is already closed.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone... Nice to know that we have the same embassy "Manila" well, I hope you can help me w/ regards of gathering NVC stuff... I just want to know what will it be needed for our aos packet? My husband's stepdad is our joint sponsor they live on the same house so, aside from the the I-864 form for my hubby and I-864a for his stepdad and their tax transcript, employment letter and recent pay stubs, what else does they need to submit? do they need some documents to proof their relationship to each other? I mean the relationship of my husband to his stepdad do they need to establish it? I also understand that the joint sponsor must show proof of their US domicile and proof of US citizenship, what else do we need and what exactly are needed in the aos packet? please help we don't have noa2 yet but we are trying our best to gather things as early as possible... I hope u guys can help me THANKS =)

Hi everyone... Nice to know that we have the same embassy "Manila" well, I hope you can help me w/ regards of gathering NVC stuff... I just want to know what will it be needed for our aos packet? My husband's stepdad is our joint sponsor they live on the same house so, aside from the the I-864 form for my hubby and I-864a for his stepdad and their tax transcript, employment letter and recent pay stubs, what else does they need to submit? do they need some documents to proof their relationship to each other? I mean the relationship of my husband to his stepdad do they need to establish it? I also understand that the joint sponsor must show proof of their US domicile and proof of US citizenship, what else do we need and what exactly are needed in the aos packet? please help we don't have noa2 yet but we are trying our best to gather things as early as possible... I hope u guys can help me THANKS =)

Some one can correct me if I am wrong, so here it goes...

I don't think you have to prove the relationship, since the joint sponsor can be anyone. As for joint sponsor's citizenship and docimile, you should be able to provide his birth certificate or scanned front page of his passport. As for docimile, any house / rent bills in his name, or even his pay check stubs should do it.

Documents you need to send from the NVC shortcut page:

BARCODED Cover Sheet (to be printed from web when your status is PAID online for AOS bill)

Your OWN cover sheet listing what documents are in the package, so they're easy for the reviewer to locate

Completed I-864 signed

Original Employment Letter

Most recent tax return (all forms)

Copy of PAY STUBS for current year (showing how much money you have made year to date)

Last 3 years Tax transcripts, W-2 and/or 1099 (any source of income) OPTIONAL

SPONSOR: I-864 + all above documents for sponsor. Each sponsor that lives in the same household as the petitioner, should use I-864a, instead of I-864

Make 2 extra copies of this package. Send 1 copy to the beneficiary

Hope this helps.

Edited by Magic_Knight
PFPowder - Cheap Winter and Snowboarding Gear =)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husbands paperwork for the I-130 petition was approved by NVC on February 9th and sent to Jamaica. He didn't get his interview until may 13th. After his interview the paperwork was sent back to US and they didn't get it till June 29th. I was told it could be another 160 days before it's complete. They definately don't get in any hurry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.