Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I need advice for K-1 visa

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Ok, so a little history: I applied for a K-1 visa back in 2008, it was approved amd my fiancee came to the USA where i was a US citizen, i later ended our relationship due to indifferences and she returned to her country before the 90 day deadline, i could not marry her, so here's my current situation:

Now it's almost 3 years later and I met somebody else and have a new fiancee. I have lived in her country for a year now and we are engaged. I ONLY want to get her a visa so I can return to my work in the US and we can live there. We currently started a business in her country, so financially it doesn't matter where we live. So here are my questions..

Does USCIS look at a i-129 f differently if you have applied for a fiancee in the past? 2 years have elapsed since i filed in the past. Also on part A question 11 on i-129f application it asks for "A#" i assume is alien number, but i don't know where or how to find it. And USCIS call center is NO help at all.

My new fiancee has a child, does that make any difference? Is it better to apply for a K-1 or K-3 visa? Do you have better odds if you are already married in another country outside USA?

We are tempted to get married here in her country, but I know I will then have to do a K-3 visa and it will be a longer processing time. It really doesn't matter to me, i just want to have all the odds in my favor, but it would be nice to return to work in the USA sooner than later and my family would like to see me married there! thank you

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you do a K-3 visa? A CR-1 is cheaper and gets her a green card on entry. Not to mention the fact that k-3 is pretty much obsolete now.

She doesn't have an alien number yet until the papers are filed and you start the process you would put N/A for that.

If you marry in her country you can have another second ceremony in the USA. But you would have already been legally married in her country.

You can do the K-1 and get married in the USA when she gets her visa and then after you apply and get the green card you can go back and visit her country and do a ceremony there if you want.

Many people do it either way.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.