iffy

i need all the help and advice i can get

10 posts in this topic

Dear members of this form , i am a nigerian lady who is going through a lot of emotional pain right now, one of my friends just gave me this website today and told me ,there are people here that can tell me what to do..i am so so confused at the moment....THIS IS MY STORY SO FAR

I am a nigerian by birth but i moved to the united states like 20 years ago,i am currently a united states citizen ,i was previously married but got divorced like 10 years ago,i have a 13 year old daughter,Two years ago, i went home tof xmas and met this nice and good man and it was love i first site,i ended up staying at home for like 3 months,i initially planned on staying for 3 weeks,i just did not wnt to leave but the reality of the economic situation in the country hit me ,within those three months ,we were engaged and got married .

i came back here and found an attorney who prepared our paper work,evrything went well until the interview in nigeria,I DID NOT KNOW THE EMBASSY WILL BE ASKING SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT MY PERSONAL LIFE,They asked my husband so many things and he was honest by telling them he did not know, they thought due to this that he was not convincing and the marriage was a shame.All this were partly but fault,i never knew bring him here was going to be this hard.Our petition was Denied and we were told that our case has been sent back to the united states ,I again contacted my lawyer and she said we have to wait for the case to be transfered here, I have been waiting all this months for the case but nothing has been heard,

I get depressed everyday and dont look forward to waking up,Last week ,my lawyer called me that she can not handle the case again that she has a family emergeny to deal with , what do i do,i have all my hope on her because i thought she knew better,i met someone today who told me to paste my story here and God will send people to hepl me out on my plight,someone even suggested that i file a new petion again and this time we should be better prepared

HELP ME GOOD PEOPLE OF GOD,

A distressed soul

IFFY

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I don't know anything about your situation or have advice for you, but wanted to say that I am sorry and that I am thinking of you. I wish you luck.

Met on internet 6/04. Married at court house in Aba, Nigeria 12/04. 3/05 traditional ceremony in Nigeria w/ my picture. 12/05 finally together again. 4/06 ceremony/celebration in the states together

I 130

1/10/05-sent

2/11/05-NOA1

5/30-touch

6/16-rep contact

6/27-Approved

7/?/05-ds3032/i864 bill generated

7/22/05-sent payment $70

8/1/05-IV visa bill generated

8/11/05-sent bill overnight

8/20/05- rec. 864 packet

8/25/05- nvc rec. IV bill

8/29/05-overnight 864

9/6/05-rec. ds230 (waiting on husband info)

9/28/05-sent ds230

9/29/05-ds230 rec

11/9/05 RFE for orig. birth cert.

11/9/05-sent origional

11/29/05 case complete-abandoned for k-3

129f

3/2/05 sent 3/15/04 noa 1 6/17/05 touched

6/20/05 touched 6/29/05 -heard approved on phone

7/21/05 - husband got packet/interview date at consulate

12/15/05- visa Approved!

12/20/05 picked up visa

AOS

1/9/06 mailed AOS & EAD

1/18/06 NOA 1 AOS and EAD

2/8/06 received appt. notice for bio

2/2/06 EAD touched

2/22/06 EAD touched

3/6/06 apt. date for both bio.

3/7/06 AOS/EAD touched

3/10/06 EAD on it's way

3/14/06 received EAD

3/20/06 filed for ssn

3/28/06 rec ssn

5/10/06 rec noa for AOS interview on June 26

6/22/06 found out pregnant- So happy!!!!

6/26/06 interview-Officer led us to believe we'd have card soon

7/8/06 e-mail stating welcome letter on it's way!

7/13/06 rec. Green card. Yipee!!

Dear members of this form , i am a nigerian lady who is going through a lot of emotional pain right now, one of my friends just gave me this website today and told me ,there are people here that can tell me what to do..i am so so confused at the moment....THIS IS MY STORY SO FAR

I am a nigerian by birth but i moved to the united states like 20 years ago,i am currently a united states citizen ,i was previously married but got divorced like 10 years ago,i have a 13 year old daughter,Two years ago, i went home tof xmas and met this nice and good man and it was love i first site,i ended up staying at home for like 3 months,i initially planned on staying for 3 weeks,i just did not wnt to leave but the reality of the economic situation in the country hit me ,within those three months ,we were engaged and got married .

i came back here and found an attorney who prepared our paper work,evrything went well until the interview in nigeria,I DID NOT KNOW THE EMBASSY WILL BE ASKING SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT MY PERSONAL LIFE,They asked my husband so many things and he was honest by telling them he did not know, they thought due to this that he was not convincing and the marriage was a shame.All this were partly but fault,i never knew bring him here was going to be this hard.Our petition was Denied and we were told that our case has been sent back to the united states ,I again contacted my lawyer and she said we have to wait for the case to be transfered here, I have been waiting all this months for the case but nothing has been heard,

I get depressed everyday and dont look forward to waking up,Last week ,my lawyer called me that she can not handle the case again that she has a family emergeny to deal with , what do i do,i have all my hope on her because i thought she knew better,i met someone today who told me to paste my story here and God will send people to hepl me out on my plight,someone even suggested that i file a new petion again and this time we should be better prepared

A distressed soul

IFFY

Hi,

Your situation is very common. especially on this website. You will get more help on this site than any lawyer can provide. First of all, Call USCIS and find out the status of your case and see if your case has been sent back here (USA). If so, You will need to re-apply and it shouldn't be long this time since you have been approved before. Once you get an approval here make sure that you and your husband provide enough evidence for the embassy. And please make sure he knows enough about you, i mean your job, income, address e.t.c. And by the way did the embassy gave you a 122(g) stating why they refused your visa?? In a case like this, USCIS will usually re-approve your case provided you give them all the evidence you provided on the first approval. Please don't be depessed and get ready for a fight with the embassy. Involve your congressman if need be. Goodluck and God bless !!

I-129f sent-- 05-26-2006

NOA1 - 06-08-2006

Rfe recieved - 06-30-2006

rfe sent - 06-30-2006

NOA2 - 07-31-2006

NVC received - 08-03-2006

NOA2 recieved in the mail: 08-04-2006

NVC sent : 08-04-2006

NVC letter recieved: 08-10-2006

Embassy confirmed: 08-11-2006

interview date: 11-09-2006

Visa approved : 11-09-2006

Visa recieved : 11-15-200

Filed: Timeline

I don't know it this will help but see if you can find your case number an open an account with USCIS.

Maybe once you enter your case number you will be able to give us more information and locate your case to see if it's back at USCIS.

When was his interview? What information did he have during the interview? What did they say you needed? Shame on you lawyer for not preparing you two. Thats why you paid them the money to prepare you not just fill out some paperwork. I'd ask for a partial refund myself at least.(I doubt they'd give it though)

Here is the USCIS website

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp

And the phone number

1 (800) 375-5283

Don't expect the operators to be really helpful they are mainly just talking heads but every once in a while you get a helpful one.

Several folks here in the past have gone through this and have been successful so don't give up hope. (F)

iffy Im sorry that I dont have any advice for your type of situation but you have come to the right place. There are lots of great people here that can guide you in the right direction. I hope from the bottom of my heart that you find the answers that you need in regards to your situation soon. God bless you on your visa journey.

A distressed soul

IFFY

Hi,

Your situation is very common. especially on this website. You will get more help on this site than any lawyer can provide. First of all, Call USCIS and find out the status of your case and see if your case has been sent back here (USA). If so, You will need to re-apply and it shouldn't be long this time since you have been approved before. Once you get an approval here make sure that you and your husband provide enough evidence for the embassy. And please make sure he knows enough about you, i mean your job, income, address e.t.c. And by the way did the embassy gave you a 122(g) stating why they refused your visa?? In a case like this, USCIS will usually re-approve your case provided you give them all the evidence you provided on the first approval. Please don't be depessed and get ready for a fight with the embassy. Involve your congressman if need be. Goodluck and God bless !!

I very much disagree with this response. You must not let the old petition go and just file again. You absolutely need to find a new attorney familiar with this type of denial and appeal. If you don't appeal this action, the case can be closed based on the perceived fraud. This would be devastating for you as the fraud determination incurs a lifetime ban. Immediately look for an experienced immigration attorney that has experience with this problem. This is not the time for do it yourself and time may be critical.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Here's my advise.First do not abandon the petition.It would send a red flag against the new petion.Secondly,contact Uscis with your case #.If your spouse has been given 221(g) file that with it too.Thirdly,contact your congressman.All these would take time no doubt but in the end its always worth it! Try having Uscis re-approve your petition.Alternatively,you may seek an attorney.Thats my 2 cents worth.Goodluck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi,

People has been talking very well about an attorney called Laurel Scott. You should try to have an email consultation with her, I am sure that she will give you the best advice. Her website is www.visacentral.net.

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

you have come to the right place and I wish you the best (F)

La Verdadera y El Sincero - Siempre

2005 - 2006 Spent falling in love

22 May 2006 My journey to Nigeria

24 May 2006 David proposes to me

9 June 2006 Mailed I129F to TSC

30 June 2006 NOA-1

Case Transferred to CSC

27 July 2006 Touched

5 Sept 2006 Called USCIS for case / IMBRA status

14 Sept 2006 Touched

19 Sept 2006 Touched Again!

23 Sept 2006 Received IMBRA RFE by postal mail (postmarked 20 Sept 2006)

25 Sept 2006 Response to IMBRA RFE sent Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation

29 Sept 2006 Rec'd Email stating RFE received

1 Oct 2006 Touched - Same RFE rec'd message

17 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Email

23 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Postal Mail

9 Nov 2006 Email from NVC (response to my inquiry) w/NVC case# - file to Lagos 6 Nov

13 Nov 2006 Received NVC letter via Postal Mail

20 Nov 2006 Fiance went to Lagos Consulate- Interview Date Received

7 Feb 2007 Interview-VISA GRANTED!!! -

12 Feb 2007 Visa in Hand!!! ***Scheduled arrival 23 Feb 2007***

23 Feb 2007 Arrived JFK USA!!!

12 May 2007 Married

23 May 2007 Filed AOS

25 May 2007 Rec'd NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.