PreciousOne

2go courier

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi is there anybody here who did not fill up a 2go form after your interview?Well, i had my interview this week and my k1 was approved but then they want me to submit the approval of my sons CRBA before they will issue my visa. so when i got to the final window and instruction,he only give me a form 221g and the form of 2go where i will be listing the document that i'll be submitting thats all. he did not even give me a paper where to send my visa but they keep my passport. can you give some idea on how will they send my visa?thank you

the reason they didnt issue the visa yet is because you have to get married in 90 days the date issue in the visa, since you havent got your son CRBA and PASSPORT they will hold your visa until you get it because of 90 days limitation of married, just in case there are problems with your son CRBA plus it takes up to 2 weeks to recieve his CRBA and PASSPORT, also what if they need DNA test for your son, this will allow your time to get everything together before your visa is printed..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you have to get married in 90 days the date issue in the visa,

I'm sorry to tell you that this is not correct info... :( k1 visa is valid for 6 months from the date it is issued. that means, you have 6 months to travel to the US but if you cant travel to the US within that 6months time frame, ur k1 is no longer valid unless you request for an extension... but if you can travel to the US within 6months, you have that 90 days period to marry the petitioner from the date of your POE. If you fail to marry within 90 days, you will be out of status and cost problems..

Any members can correct me if Im wrong.

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

Timeline

hi is there anybody here who did not fill up a 2go form after your interview?Well, i had my interview this week and my k1 was approved but then they want me to submit the approval of my sons CRBA before they will issue my visa. so when i got to the final window and instruction,he only give me a form 221g and the form of 2go where i will be listing the document that i'll be submitting thats all. he did not even give me a paper where to send my visa but they keep my passport. can you give some idea on how will they send my visa?thank you

I think since you will be submitting additional documents to the embassy like CRBA, the embassy will know your address (they knew that already though when u applied for the k1) by sending the docs through a courrier in which ur address will be written on it as the sender, right? :blush:

For peace of mind, call the embassy. :thumbs:

My K1 Visa Journey

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

proud of my family

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

@tonylovesam thank you for your idea...i've heard already to other people that since i didnt fill up for 2go courier,they know already where they will send my visa and yes were just waiting for the crba and US passport of my son since they did not require us for dna test anymore and we already paid for the 2go courier for delivery. My k1 interview was fine and did not ask for anything.They only need the approval of my childs crba then submit it to them thru 2go courier....how long does it take to receive the crba and us passport?

Timeline

@tonylovesam thank you for your idea...i've heard already to other people that since i didnt fill up for 2go courier,they know already where they will send my visa and yes were just waiting for the crba and US passport of my son since they did not require us for dna test anymore and we already paid for the 2go courier for delivery. My k1 interview was fine and did not ask for anything.They only need the approval of my childs crba then submit it to them thru 2go courier....how long does it take to receive the crba and us passport?

wow ur son's crba and passport application were too easy for you to get cos they didnt require dna test in which in most cases will require.

on my case, since we were required to do the dna, it took us 5months to finally had the crba and passport on hand.

so, I think, on your case, it will be less than a month (maybe a week or two) to receive the crba and passport through a courrier.

CONGRATULATIONS I've found that you and your son's journey were too quick and easy! I'm happy for you! Keep going on your next step, good luck and God bless! :)

Take a look at my signature for my K1 updates..lol :)

My K1 Visa Journey

proud of my family

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.