chelsea grubbs

I360 VAWA & I765 EAD NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 posts in this topic

Hi, ok so heres my story.

I filed i360 VAWA petition and received prima facie 05/11/2011

i go receipt notice for i765 EAD 06/03/2011

my problem is it has been over 30 days and no biometrics appointment for EAD. I opened service request but received no response.

why do i not have a biometrics appointment yet?

& is it normal to not have VAWA even touched in over 2 months?

HELP , i really need to work. I have a 20 month old daughter and no way to support us until my EAD comes in...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

I didn't have biometrics for EAD, so don't worry about that. It took 3 months for the EAD to be approved.

Hi, ok so heres my story.

I filed i360 VAWA petition and received prima facie 05/11/2011

i go receipt notice for i765 EAD 06/03/2011

my problem is it has been over 30 days and no biometrics appointment for EAD. I opened service request but received no response.

why do i not have a biometrics appointment yet?

& is it normal to not have VAWA even touched in over 2 months?

HELP , i really need to work. I have a 20 month old daughter and no way to support us until my EAD comes in...

I-360

4/6/2010 - I-360 filed

4/14/2010 - Prima Facie determination

5/5/2010 - I-360 Approved

AOS

11/15/2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 filed

11/30/2010 - NOA received

12/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

12/23/2010 - Attended biometrics

1/3/2011 - Notice of I-485 transferred to NBC

1/29/2011 - Interview notice received for March 1st

2/7/2011 - EAD arrived

2/11/2011 - AP arrived

3/1/2011 - Attended interview

1/7/2012 - Received permanent resident card

How did u get vawa approved so quickly?? I requested expedite but no response. Will they approve my 2aD before my vawa is approved??

I was looking at the timeline and had the same question in mind??? how did you get your VAWA approved so quickly?

Anyway Chelsea, if it is any consolation, my VAWA has not been touched in over 7months now, i have renewed my Prima Facie but my VAWA still say initial review. I filled i360, EAD and i485 on 12/09/2010, my EAD was approved and sent to me on 02/16/2011 so hang in there. Some people talk about having their cases "TOUCHED" but mine has never been touched in 7months, i requested for an expedite and to renew my Prima Facie and they sent another Prima Facie but still no respose even when my Lawyer sent an inquiry.

Am very anxious, keep waiting/ not sure what to expect... You are not alone....

Yes and no, I recieved Biometric appointment for my i485 and when I went there the immigration officer just said he'd use that appointment to do both/ record that my EAD biometrics were therefore complete. Keep in mind that I had never done biometrics before but in some cases if you had biometrics done before then maybe you don't need another...

I understand your frustration about the inability to get any info regarding the case coz it's a VAWA. I haven't had any change in mine for over 7months now and any attempt to inquire has been a headache.

I filled my EAD with a i485 so I guesss that helped speed up things. I realised that this is a very draining process where most of the time you are always helpless.

Wish u the best and I pray you hear something soon

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Not for nothing indooo, I applied dec of last year and still nothing.... Vawa cases differ a lot in time of approval, some get in 7, some wait for a lot longer.

The ead takes around 3 months, so u should hear something in dec. Good luck!

nov 04 Went to interview by myself, told officer will aplly for vawa

11/04 I485 touched (still on initial review)

11/21 officer called lawyer about the I485 (btw: really nice IO)

12/10 apply for VAWA, without background check

12/11 lawyer drop off a copy of I360 for the IO

12/15 Prima faice received

12/18 sent background check, also sent a letter to IO asking to expedite the I485 to vermont to be linked with I360

12/31 I360 touched

08/04 Apply for EAD renew

08/18 receive NOA

08/26 new card ordered

08/31 new card ordered (again??)

09/01 notice of approval of I765... (where is my VAWA approval??? God help me...)

09/03 EAD arrived in the mail!! ufa!

10/03 Sent letter to renew prima facie and inquire about vawa status.

10/05 I360 touched- changed to "Request for evidence review" (WTH????)

11/27 Recieved prima facie extension

11/30 VAWA APPROVED!!!! yupiiiiiiiiiiiiii12/04 I360 Touched

12/22 Interview noticed for 01/23/12

12/26 Interview canceled by USCIS

12/31 New interview notice for 01/30/12

01/31/12 Interview and new biometrics done!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.