4 posts in this topic

I keep checking for my case status update, I received an email 2 weeks ago and had it mailed to me last week, but my case is still not updated, there is no case at all. What makes this worse is I took my driving written test yesterday and have mt driving test tomorrow which I now have to cancel because the DMV cannot give me my permit as they cannot see my case on the USCIS website.

How long does it take for my case to be updated?

Thanks

DAVE :)

Sometimes it take a while to go up there - sometimes it never appears online. The online portal is a feature for customer service, but not connected to the real processing in any way. Sometimes they coordinate as they should - sometimes they don't. Pay attention to paper notices in the mail, not the online thing. Did you get the paper NOA1?

The DMV really wants to see your online case status? :wacko:

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Sometimes it take a while to go up there - sometimes it never appears online. The online portal is a feature for customer service, but not connected to the real processing in any way. Sometimes they coordinate as they should - sometimes they don't. Pay attention to paper notices in the mail, not the online thing. Did you get the paper NOA1?

The DMV really wants to see your online case status? :wacko:

I received the paper NOA1 and took it to the DMV for my written test, I was allowed to take it but when the DMV went to give me a drivers permit they couldn't because they could find my case. I have had to re-schedule another test for August 9th, it has to be done within 30 days of the written test or I have to do another written test as well.

Thanks for the reply.

Dave :)

• 4 weeks later...

I received the paper NOA1 and took it to the DMV for my written test, I was allowed to take it but when the DMV went to give me a drivers permit they couldn't because they could find my case. I have had to re-schedule another test for August 9th, it has to be done within 30 days of the written test or I have to do another written test as well.

Thanks for the reply.

Great news at last.

I received a letter from the DMV stating they have received confirmation from USCIS about my A.O.S. application. I took the letter with all the other paperwork and passport and the DMV gave me my permit to take my driving test next week. Yayyyyy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.