rica30

has been forwarded to USEM Manila Consulate, Now what?

5 posts in this topic

NVC said our case has been forwarded to USEM MNL Consulate last June 20. I'm anxiously waiting for the packet or an email, whatever news from the USEM here and it's not getting any easier fixing all the papers, waiting and waiting, not being able to inquire through the telephone and taking care of a 4-month-old all by myself. I badly want to be with her dad, my fiance soon. It's so hard not to be able to talk to someone who can give straight answers on time etc. I usually get answers / info on what to expect by researching and since our baby was born I haven't had the luxury of time. We already got delayed before I can't bear getting delayed again. I think it's been too long, it should be a year this Sept since we started with this issuance of visa.

Sorry for venting out but to get straight to the point, how long does it usually take before you hear from your consulate? before you could schedule for a med exam, pay fees and set an appointment for interview? NVC already sent ours out June 20, 2011. I already gathered all the requirements that they might ask, just waiting for that packet or a "go signal" that we can submit to our consulate the needed documents.

Any insight on this will do as I feel like I am kept in the dark.

Hi Christianna,

You don't have to wait for anything from the Embassy. Chances are, you won't receive anything from them. They should send out this so-called "Eligibility Letter", but I am done with my medical and interview, and I still don't have it!

First, you can now pay for your visa fee at any BPI branch. Just bring your passport with you, probably also your child's. (I'm not sure about the children, since I went through the process without one. Just bring your child's identification, just in case)

After 4-6 hours, you should be able to schedule. There are 2 ways: through phone or online. You can check out my blog, since typing it all here takes a long time.

Second, you can also have your medical done already. You can have it done now, actually. Anytime between your interview. Look at my signature below, it should be there.

Hope this helps! And, don't hesitate to ask me questions if ever you need some advice!

Good luck!

Edit: Here's the link for how to schedule here

Edited by hope.andsun

Thank you for that post. But where does our packet go? Like the I-129F form, other documents, evidence of ongoing relationship, pictures, etc which we've submitted to USCIS? Is it already in USEM Manila consulate, sitting there and waiting for us to schedule everything? I'm still a bit confused on how to go about this. =/

Yeah, it's already in the consulate. It's been there ever since they sent it last June. Just get the other documents needed for the interview, and also have your medical done. You can have the medical done anytime. It's only walk-in. Just make sure you don't have your period. Also, make sure to get your NBI clearance asap, because they are taking a longer time to release it now, since they're having computer problems. You can order your CENOMAR online or via phone. :) It's all in my blog site, just take a look at it. All the information is there. :)

Christianna...

When the NVC sends your fiancé's I-129F packet to the U.S. Embassy Manila, it takes quite a while for the Embassy to receive the packet and to enter it into their system. Once they enter it into their system, the Embassy will send you a letter telling you that you are eligible to schedule an interview. This process can take a month or more.

However, you don't have to wait for the letter from the Embassy in order to complete your medical and schedule an interview. You can complete your medical by using your MNL case number which your fiancé can get by calling the NVC, or from his letter from the NVC.

Also, you can pay your visa fee at BPI. However, you will not be able to schedule an interview until the Embassy has entered the receipt of the I-129F packet into their system. You will know when the Embassy has entered the I-129F packet into their system because you will be allowed to successfully schedule an interview either online or by phone. Also, you can call or email the Embassy and ask them whether your case has been received and entered into their system.

It's a good idea to stay on top of your case. Don't simply wait for the Embassy to send you a letter of eligibility, because sometimes they forget to send it. That has happened to some people. Just get your MNL case number and move forward with your medical and visa payment.

If you want to read the letter of eligibility from the Embassy, please click here.

Best wishes for the rest of your journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.