abdelnish83

ok another Tax question?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

There are many wanting to know the answer to this question. So I'm asking it. If you know nething about this can u please please answer.

What if.......the sponsor (the primary sponsor) doesn't have tax returns from previous years, and they have never been required to file because they didn't work b4/or was a dependent, but they just started working this year and is now earning enough money to support themselves and their fiance making way above the 125% poverty line? will the consulate deny them because of not having tax returns?

Ps: Please do not comment about what is and isn't the law. We got that covered already. This is a hypothetical scenario.

Also i know it depends on the Consulate. but if you have a general or particular consulate based answer please tell me what you think they would do.

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Timeline

Ok, no one else touched this so I will write. I would get letter of employment from employer with copies of pay stubs from the time your employment started. Then make out affidavit stating you were not required to do income taxes for whatever reasons (college student, or claimed under parents taxes.) If yo do not know how to do your own affidavit, write to me and give me your personal email and I can send standard rules for writing one. I leave for Morocco Saturday so if you need it, let me know soon. Jeanne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Abdelnish,

See below relevant links, especially response from JimVaPhuong in first link and especially responses from pushbrk and “MessyBrownHair” in the second link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/259096-unemployed-last-five-years-and-no-tax-returns/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293558-k1-affidavit-of-support-2010-taxes-not-done/

--RK and Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Filed: Timeline

There are many wanting to know the answer to this question. So I'm asking it. If you know nething about this can u please please answer.

What if.......the sponsor (the primary sponsor) doesn't have tax returns from previous years, and they have never been required to file because they didn't work b4/or was a dependent, but they just started working this year and is now earning enough money to support themselves and their fiance making way above the 125% poverty line? will the consulate deny them because of not having tax returns?

Ps: Please do not comment about what is and isn't the law. We got that covered already. This is a hypothetical scenario.

Also i know it depends on the Consulate. but if you have a general or particular consulate based answer please tell me what you think they would do.

Hello, I hope this answer helps. I was married for 12 years prior and never had to work so I never filed taxes. I still didn't have to work after the divorce, as I received a substantial amount of alimony and child support. A year later I met my now husband and we went through the I129. So as you can see, I didn't work at all and could not show much proof of income except child support. After joining VJ, I realized that the I864 needed income proof so that meant that I needed a job a.s.a.p. I found a job one month prior to his interview but only part time as I had a good child support income that could be added to the income of the job and it put us over the poverty guideline. On the I864, I had to show the last three years of income taxes, all I could send was what my ex husband filed, which showed we filed married/jointly I guess as my name was on prior years of tax forms. My tax accountant also printed off a letter from the IRS which stated no income filed. I sent a letter from my employer on date of hire, salary, and hours. I sent only 2 pay stubs as well as this is all I had.

Now on the other hand, I had a savings account, 401K distribution through divorce, and I used this as ASSETS if needed by the Embassy (but was not required as I met the guidelines but I sent it anyway).

At the Interview, the lady at the desk asked for our I864 and immediately said you will need a CO SPONSOR without looking at our whole file even with assets. She said your fiance did not file taxes on her own and you will need a co sponsor.

Well in the end, we were approved and were not denied as of my income tax status. Legally, as one member here said to me, you did file taxes so yes you can send those years you filed with your ex.

I hope this sheds some light on your case.....

Timeline

Thanks it helped some but i dont have ne assets but i am working now and i guess for the years b4 i can file saying no income filed and show why.

Hello, I hope this answer helps. I was married for 12 years prior and never had to work so I never filed taxes. I still didn't have to work after the divorce, as I received a substantial amount of alimony and child support. A year later I met my now husband and we went through the I129. So as you can see, I didn't work at all and could not show much proof of income except child support. After joining VJ, I realized that the I864 needed income proof so that meant that I needed a job a.s.a.p. I found a job one month prior to his interview but only part time as I had a good child support income that could be added to the income of the job and it put us over the poverty guideline. On the I864, I had to show the last three years of income taxes, all I could send was what my ex husband filed, which showed we filed married/jointly I guess as my name was on prior years of tax forms. My tax accountant also printed off a letter from the IRS which stated no income filed. I sent a letter from my employer on date of hire, salary, and hours. I sent only 2 pay stubs as well as this is all I had.

Now on the other hand, I had a savings account, 401K distribution through divorce, and I used this as ASSETS if needed by the Embassy (but was not required as I met the guidelines but I sent it anyway).

At the Interview, the lady at the desk asked for our I864 and immediately said you will need a CO SPONSOR without looking at our whole file even with assets. She said your fiance did not file taxes on her own and you will need a co sponsor.

Well in the end, we were approved and were not denied as of my income tax status. Legally, as one member here said to me, you did file taxes so yes you can send those years you filed with your ex.

I hope this sheds some light on your case.....

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.