pocheros

W2s for affidavit of support

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone :) I just had a quick question. As my interview date is fast approaching, my fiance is getting the I-134 ready for me. He already has letters from his employer & the bank, in addition to some pay stubs. Will this, along with his 3 most recent W2s, be enough? I've seen mentions of tax returns and tax transcripts before. Are W2s good enough to stand in for those (since they're also tax related?) If not, does Montreal want originals of the tax returns or are photocopies good enough?

Thanks!

Get the transcripts from the IRS and forget about the W-2s. With the transcripts you are showing what the IRS accepted and you filed. It is an official government document and is preferred over copies of tax returns and all the supporting documents. They are free and usually arrive in 5-10 business days. Then make copies of these transcripts for the other steps in the process like filing the I-864.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

if you send only the W2 then you will get an RFE. You cannot send W2 without tax returns. As others said get the tax transcripts for free or use the W2s with the full tax return.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Timeline

I hope my fiance can get the transcripts in time. 5-10 business days is still within my interview date but it IS a government agency...

Edited by pocheros

Timeline

I hope my fiance can get the transcripts in time. 5-10 business days is still within my interview date but it IS a government agency...

You can go to your local IRS office and walk out with the transcripts. Still free and much quicker than 5-10 biz days.

02/22/2011 - I-129F Mailed to Texas Lockbox
03/02/2011 - Electronic Notice of Acceptance Received
03/02/2011 - Check cashed
03/16/2011 - Received NOA 1
06/02/2011 - RFE
06/12/2011 - RFE returned
06/20/2011 - Received NOA 2
07/08/2011 - NVC Sent to Embassy
08/08/2011 - Packet 3
08/15/2011 - Packet 4
10/21/2011 - Interview - APPROVED
11/16/2011 - POE - Port Huron
12/03/2011 - Marriage!

AOS
12/12/2011 - AOS Packet Mailed
12/14/2011 - AOS Packet Delivered to Chicago Lockbox per USPS
12/19/2011 - Emails received from USCIS for receipt of applications
12/19/2011 - NOA's Receipt date
12/23/2011 - Received biometrics appointment letter
01/10/2012 - Biometrics Appointment
01/11/2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center
02/08/2012 - EAD and AP approval text/email
02/13/2012 - Second email telling us the EAD card is in production (why two?)
02/14/2012 - Email notice telling us that the EAD has been mailed
02/16/2012 - Email notice that USPS picked up the EAD on 2/14/2012
02/16/2012 - EAD and AP Card received
07/19/2012 - Contacted Congressman
07/26/2012 - RFE Text and Email received
10/23/2012 - AOS Approval text
10/27/2012 - Greencard received!

Lifting Conditions

07/22/2014 - Filing Date

07/24/2014 - NOA

08/18/2014 - Biometrics

10/22/2014 - USCIS web site says Approved!

Timeline

You can go to your local IRS office and walk out with the transcripts. Still free and much quicker than 5-10 biz days.

Thanks for the tip! Very helpful :) Now I don't have to feel anxious over getting mail.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Okay, so it turns out my fiance "forgot" to file his 2010 taxes. -____-;; So the other day he went to the IRS office and filed them, but they said it might take up to a couple weeks to get a transcript/return for 2010. He can get transcripts for 2009 and 2008 easily since he filed for those on time.

My question is, if I can't get a transcript by my interview (it's on August 11th), can I use the thingy he filled out to do his taxes? (I know, I'm bad at describing things...) Like, the forms where you put in all the info from your W2s and calculate how much you owe?

I really don't want an RFE at the interview... sigh... I already asked him to call them every day and harass them so maybe it'll speed up the process, but who knows if that'll help much...

Edited by pocheros

Timeline

I asked him to start putting together the affidavit of support in May so believe me I TRY to be prepared for these things... Sigh.

Timeline

And I forgot to mention that rescheduling isn't an option since I already bought my train tickets and booked a hotel before he told me about this. -_-;;

Timeline

Okay, I feel a little silly but to be fair I haven't had my coffee yet. Tax return = tax forms, right? So does that mean I can use my fiance's tax forms even if I don't have anything resembling a receipt from the IRS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tax return = " the ####### load of papers you have to fill out and then mail/e-submit to the IRS for tax time including the W2s and any other papers from stocks, home ownership etc "

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Tax return = " the ####### load of papers you have to fill out and then mail/e-submit to the IRS for tax time including the W2s and any other papers from stocks, home ownership etc "

Ah so we're safe then. Thank you!! I was really worried.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.