16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

just wanted to update any one who went/or is going through the same RFE request as I did for the UK divorce decree.

I sent in a b/w copy of the divorce decree along with a letter stating the following:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Please find enclosed certified divorce decree absolute, as collected from the ( PLACE OF DIVORCE, UK) where the divorce proceedings took place.

Having checked with the clerk, I was advised that in England divorce decree’s DO NOT carry a signature, and pointed out the stamp of Her Majesty Court Services to prove that it is certified and legal. It is a one page document. It has a stamp at the top right hand side with a crown symbol in the middle with the county court name.

The clerk also pointed out the paragraph which includes the statement “it is hereby certified that the said decree was on the (INSERT DATE ON THE DECREE), made final and absolute and that the said marriage was thereby dissolved”.

Please also see at the very bottom of the page, on the right hand side of the page the document is called a D37 DECREE OF ABSOLUTE (DIVORCE)

USCIS received my response on the 20th of July and on the 29th I received my NOA2.

I will admit I was worried about not sending a color copy but looks like I did just fine with the b/w.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way so far.

March 2010-We met

3/24/10-4/3/10 Mark's first visit to the US

6/8/10-6/29/10 Mark's second visit to the US

June 2010 We got engaged!

10/6/10-10/16/10 Mark's Third trip to US and our wedding

12/23/10-1/21/10 Mark's fourth trip to US

3/18/11-3/30/11 My first trip to the UK

5/18/11-5/26/11 Mark makes his 5th trip to the US

7/26/11-8/13/11 My hubby is coming out to see me again!! 6th Trip

9/27/11-10/15/11 7th trip to the US for my husband

3/8/11 - Sent I-130 Application

3/9/11 - USCIS received application

3/11/11 - Received NOA1

3/14/11 - Check cashed

3/14/11 - Touched

7/13/11- RFE

7/19/11- RFE sent via USPS over night

7/29/11 - NOA2

8/8/11- NVC Received Case

9/7/11 - Case # and IIN # assigned

9/9/11- Paid AOS fee of $88.00

10/11/11 - NVC Received AOS package

10/14/11 - NVC approved I-864 AOS package

9/13/11 - IV bill received

10/29/11 - IV bill fee paid

12/01/11 - IV packet mailed

12/14/11 - Case complete!!

01/31/12 - Medical Exam

02/07/12 - Interview-Approved!!

03/14/12 - POE - Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.