thewiggy

Manila Interview Scheduling Questions

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I received notice that NVC sent the paperwork to the Manila Embassy last week. My fiance' has completed all the paperwork (CENOMAR, security, BC, etcc.. and she has all of the petition paperwork already in her possession (I134, photos, emails, letter of intent, etc..) She has the money for her medical and interview. NVC gave me the MNL numbers which I gave to her so she can go to BPI and pay the fees. My question is, does she have to wait for the embassy to actually recieve and put the paperwork in their system before she can pay the fees? Reading the posts here has me a bit confused. One says she can schedule interview 4 hours after paying fees and only mentions needing the MNL number. The embassy web site also mentions the 4 hours but does not really indicate if there is an internal process that must be completed prior to paying the fees. I'm just a bit confused if there is some internal processing at the embassy before she is allowed to pay fees and schedule interview or is just having the case number is enough?? DO they have to "LOG" our case into their system before the fees can be paid and interview scheduling be completed, or is it enough to have just the MNL number?

It appears either she or I will have to register on the site after the fees are paid so she or I can complete and print out 3 forms in duplicate (the visa applications) to be taken for the medical and interview. I am guessing that the processing that is referred to in the posts is when the bank notifies the embassy the fees have been paid and that is what is entered in the system after 4 hours so she can register and schedule the interview?? any help is appreciated.

Another question, should I scan and email to her the NOA1 and NOA2 for her to have for the interview and medical?

Thanks for any assistance.

Wiggy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I received notice that NVC sent the paperwork to the Manila Embassy last week. My fiance' has completed all the paperwork (CENOMAR, security, BC, etcc.. and she has all of the petition paperwork already in her possession (I134, photos, emails, letter of intent, etc..) She has the money for her medical and interview. NVC gave me the MNL numbers which I gave to her so she can go to BPI and pay the fees. My question is, does she have to wait for the embassy to actually recieve and put the paperwork in their system before she can pay the fees? Reading the posts here has me a bit confused. One says she can schedule interview 4 hours after paying fees and only mentions needing the MNL number. The embassy web site also mentions the 4 hours but does not really indicate if there is an internal process that must be completed prior to paying the fees. I'm just a bit confused if there is some internal processing at the embassy before she is allowed to pay fees and schedule interview or is just having the case number is enough?? DO they have to "LOG" our case into their system before the fees can be paid and interview scheduling be completed, or is it enough to have just the MNL number?

It appears either she or I will have to register on the site after the fees are paid so she or I can complete and print out 3 forms in duplicate (the visa applications) to be taken for the medical and interview. I am guessing that the processing that is referred to in the posts is when the bank notifies the embassy the fees have been paid and that is what is entered in the system after 4 hours so she can register and schedule the interview?? any help is appreciated.

Another question, should I scan and email to her the NOA1 and NOA2 for her to have for the interview and medical?

Thanks for any assistance.

Wiggy

Yes, she will need to wait until the embassy recieves the packet and enters the data into the system before she can pay the fees and schedule the interview, at least that was our experience. Yes for sure scan the NOA2 and get her three copies. That and the MNL case number are all that are needed for the medical. Encourage to do the Medical ASAP in case there is some issue with her chest x-ray and you need to under-go a sputem test.

Best of luck! you are in the home stretch now congrats!!

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Timeline

Yes, she will need to wait until the embassy recieves the packet and enters the data into the system before she can pay the fees and schedule the interview, at least that was our experience. Yes for sure scan the NOA2 and get her three copies. That and the MNL case number are all that are needed for the medical. Encourage to do the Medical ASAP in case there is some issue with her chest x-ray and you need to under-go a sputem test.

Thx for the reply. Just to clarify, she pays the medical fees at St. Lukes correct?? That is not part of the fee she pays at BPI, which is for the interview only? If so, she will go ASAP for the medical.

Wiggy

What is this fee that you are going to pay in the Embassy? I'm sorry, but I'm on CR-1 Visa but I'm curious what is this fee? Is this for K1 Visa fee only? Thanks!

05/08/2010: Married
03/18/2011: I-130 Sent
03/21/2011: NOA1 noticed date
05/27/2011: NOA2 noticed date
06/28/2011: NVC finally received our case!
06/30/2011: Case number received!
07/01/2011: Received DS-3032 from NVC
07/04/2011: Wifey e-mailed DS-3032 form to NVC
07/06/2011: Paid AOS bill
07/09/2011: DS-3032 received/processed by NVC
07/11/2011: IV bill received :
07/22/2011: IV bill paid
07/25/2011: AOS/I-864 packet mailed
07/27/2011: AOS/I-864 packet delivered to NVC
08/02/2011: DS-230 packet mailed to NVC
08/03/2011: DS-230 packet delivered to NVC
08/08/2011: Medical Exam Taken
08/09/2011: Medical Results: PASSED! Yehey!

08/10/2011: Case Completed / Sign In Failed

08/12/2011: Interview date assigned : September 19, 8:30am @ USEM... Yay!
09/19/2011: WIFE'S VISA APPROVED!!!
Thank YOU Lord!
09/23/2011: Wife picked up her VISA..
10/24/2011: POE: J.F.K.-NY

ROC

08/26/2013: i-751 mailed

08/28/2013: i-751 received per USPS tracking...

08/29/2013: NOA receipt date

10/04/2013: Biometrics appointment

Timeline

What is this fee that you are going to pay in the Embassy? I'm sorry, but I'm on CR-1 Visa but I'm curious what is this fee? Is this for K1 Visa fee only? Thanks!

fee for the K1 visa interview and fee for the medical exam.

Timeline

Ok, so if i'm understanding the last poster who said go for it all.......

No need to wait on the embassy since I have the MNL number, can just pay the fees, register on website and complete visa application forms, and request interview. All she needs for the medical is the NOA2, her passport, and the fee??

Timeline

Thx for the reply. Just to clarify, she pays the medical fees at St. Lukes correct?? That is not part of the fee she pays at BPI, which is for the interview only? If so, she will go ASAP for the medical.

Wiggy

correct.

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

^^^ :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hi Idaho!

Timeline

^^^ :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hi Idaho!

Hi Tahoma!....hope you (2) are well. We are in AOS fun now....Filed AOS on 5/21 NOA's on AP EAD and 485 5/24. Checked the case status today and saw Floricel's I-485 was transfered to CSC on 7/7. Which is awesome, as that probably means NO INTERVIEW. Bad news, the ASC here in St Paul is WAAYYYYY back-logged, we have yet to recieve the Biometrics appointment letter :(. The local ASC is at 8+months for I-485's so I am extroplating that the bio's are probably running 2-3 months...uggghhhhh. Oh well this is a breeze compared to the K1. : )

Good to 'see' you still providing sage advice here on VJ. Ingat,

Idaho.

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

Hi Tahoma!....hope you (2) are well. We are in AOS fun now....Filed AOS on 5/21 NOA's on AP EAD and 485 5/24. Checked the case status today and saw Floricel's I-485 was transfered to CSC on 7/7. Which is awesome, as that probably means NO INTERVIEW. Bad news, the ASC here in St Paul is WAAYYYYY back-logged, we have yet to recieve the Biometrics appointment letter :(. The local ASC is at 8+months for I-485's so I am extroplating that the bio's are probably running 2-3 months...uggghhhhh. Oh well this is a breeze compared to the K1. : )

Good to 'see' you still providing sage advice here on VJ. Ingat,

Idaho.

Sorry to hear about the backlog for your AOS. Waiting for that first green card is no fun. But that's great news that you won't have an interview. We weren't so lucky, but the interview was really easy.

We're doing great. We filed to remove conditions last month and completed the biometrics last week. Chinook is probably going to go for citizenship next year to complete the circle. After that, hopefully there will be no more paperwork and fees.

It's nice to see you here again on VJ...don't be a stranger! ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.