Tor

Got Card in production email. Can I get I-551 stamp now???

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We recieved your card is in production and should arrive in 30 days.... Email today.

Does this mean that we can make a Infopass appointment immediately and ask for a I-551 stamp? Or do we need to wait for the Approval Welcome letter before scheduling a InfoPass appointment?

Edited by Tor

Filed: Timeline

We recieved your card is in production and should arrive in 30 days.... Email today.

Does this mean that we can make a Infopass appointment immediately and ask for a I-551 stamp? Or do we need to wait for the Approval Welcome letter before scheduling a InfoPass appointment?

We had AOS interview on June 28th. The green card arrived today. It took 10 days. The IO gave us an approval letter, and said that I-551 stamps are no longer given at the interview. If my husband needed to travel before the green card arrived, he had to show proof of an airline ticket and make InfoPass appointment. Based on my situation and other VJ members, you will get it in 2 weeks or less.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I understand but my wifes grandparents are very sick and she needs to get home to them as soon as possible. So the question is, Do you need the Welcome/Approval letter before scheduling a info pass for an I-551 or can you just go and say you recieved notification via email that the card is in production and take all supporting documents with you and ask for a stamp?

Yes,her green card could arrive in roughly ten days, but it could also take more than 30 days. So we are willing to take our chances on the stamp, as it cost nothing to try.

Has anyone recieved the I-551 stamp at an infopass without the welcome/approval letter?

Edited by Tor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Make an infopass appointment bring your proof for getting the stamp early and ask them for the stamp based on the urgency needed to return home for the very sick grandparents. They may or may not give her the stamp.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.