WALI

Italian citizens

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all. my sister and her family they all Italian citizens but they want to move to united states permanently . I am united states citizen.what is the process? and how long it ll take?please help thanks.

You will file Form I-130 along with copies of the require supporting documents (do not send originals) to petition for your sister. Follow the "Guides" link above this page to learn about the "process."

It currently takes about 11 years for a US citizen to petition for a sibling. It all depends on the number of available visas and the number of people ahead of your sister, so your sister's wait may be longer or shorter than that.

At the end of the wait when her Priority Date (generally, the day USCIS receives the I-130) becomes current in the Visa Bulletin, she, her spouse, and children with a CSPA age of 21 will be eligible to apply for immigration visas.

There are probably a few terms in here that you will not understand. You need to read the "Guides." The definitions for most of these terms can be found there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.