abdelnish83

Easy or hard. Interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So for those who have passed the interview and got a approved..Im alittle jittery about the interview. If u have all the things they ask for how hard is it to prove or to show that you have geniune relationship. Im thinking that if that allowed your petition to come this far, could it be really difficult to prove ur relationship is true??

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Timeline

Yes, my husband took all kinds of proof, emails, photos, chats, phone calls. they did not look at them, they just said no to the K-1. So, now we are in CR-1 and hoping. One month of chats was over 1000 pages (2 reams of paper). We talk every day unless one has to travel or something.

So for those who have passed the interview and got a approved..Im alittle jittery about the interview. If u have all the things they ask for how hard is it to prove or to show that you have geniune relationship. Im thinking that if that allowed your petition to come this far, could it be really difficult to prove ur relationship is true??

In Morocco, YES, it is REALLY DIFFICULT to prove a relationship is true. Go to the MENA forums and read about the denials out of Morocco there and/or go to the reviews on here of the Moroccan consulate. If you go in unprepared, it will not go well - especially if you go in thinking it is not going to be difficult to provide a legitimate relationship in the Moroccan consulate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

When my fiance had his interview, we had lived together in Morocco in his parent's home and had a 6 month old daughter together. They raked him over the coals at the interview- saved him for last, and he was questioned by 2 CO's. Several times, they'd ask him questions, send him away to discuss his answers, then bring him back to the window for more questioning.

We had enough evidence to pass an adjustment of status stokes interview for a married couple. I believe they still wanted to deny him. They even requested a drug test be taken, and an I 864 be submitted before he was issued his visa, and in the end, I think they only issued it because of our daughter and that they knew I was in Morocco and could show up at the consulate with her if they denied. I sent them emails telling them I would. :lol:

Casablanca is nothing to fool around with. Be over prepared, calm, and speak in conversational tones. Wish you luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You really aren't going to find any supportive tips regarding Morocco here. Tough place to get through, and that's about it.

To some extent, it is the same as anywhere else: get your documents and interview skills in order as best as you can, and attend the interview.

Good luck.

Edited by Alcheringa

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Timeline

You really aren't going to find any supportive tips regarding Morocco here. Tough place to get through, and that's about it.

To some extent, it is the same as anywhere else: get your documents and interview skills in order as best as you can, and attend the interview.

Good luck.

That's not 100% true. There are trends about the CO's at Casablanca that can be studied and used to one's advantage. They tend to favor people that are well prepared, but not over prepared (don't take too much evidence, minimalism is best). They like people that are relaxed and confident, but not cocky. Going over practice questions repeatedly (to the point of extreme) is advisable, so that one is comfortable with the answers, but doesn't seem too rehearsed. Trying to relate to the CO as a person and not talking like you're at a job interview is a good thing- being conversational and somewhat jovial loosens them up a bit.

I've studied this consulate extensively, both before and after my husband's interview, and waited with several people while their SO's interviewed to get a first hand, fresh perspective on how an interviewee feels after leaving the consulate. There's no doubt, the place is a nightmare- but it's not impossible to get out of there with a visa the first time.

OP should read the reviews, go back in the MENA forums and read about the interviews of those both approved and denied- look for trends in both. There's also a set of videos of a town hall meeting in Washington, DC that the chief of the non immigrant visa section did a while back. Her name is Nahal Kazemi, and she handles a lot of K1 interviews herself. Watching the videos gives you a good feel for her personality and how to approach her:

Yeah, it sounds like preparing for war. Know what you're up against. A key to winning a battle is to know what your opponent will do first.

There's some supportive tips for success at Casa.

Timeline

Squeaky wow, ur soo awesome. ur like visa queen lol Thank you soo much. I was getting depressed after what everyone else was saying but this and the video was extremely helpful and im grateful for ppl like you who take the time out to answer my questions and put my mind at ease are truly God sent. Im about to be on utube watching all these videos. Im not as worried as i was b4. and i will refer my fiance to this post asap. Thanks again.

That's not 100% true. There are trends about the CO's at Casablanca that can be studied and used to one's advantage. They tend to favor people that are well prepared, but not over prepared (don't take too much evidence, minimalism is best). They like people that are relaxed and confident, but not cocky. Going over practice questions repeatedly (to the point of extreme) is advisable, so that one is comfortable with the answers, but doesn't seem too rehearsed. Trying to relate to the CO as a person and not talking like you're at a job interview is a good thing- being conversational and somewhat jovial loosens them up a bit.

I've studied this consulate extensively, both before and after my husband's interview, and waited with several people while their SO's interviewed to get a first hand, fresh perspective on how an interviewee feels after leaving the consulate. There's no doubt, the place is a nightmare- but it's not impossible to get out of there with a visa the first time.

OP should read the reviews, go back in the MENA forums and read about the interviews of those both approved and denied- look for trends in both. There's also a set of videos of a town hall meeting in Washington, DC that the chief of the non immigrant visa section did a while back. Her name is Nahal Kazemi, and she handles a lot of K1 interviews herself. Watching the videos gives you a good feel for her personality and how to approach her:

Yeah, it sounds like preparing for war. Know what you're up against. A key to winning a battle is to know what your opponent will do first.

Edited by abdelnish83

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Timeline

We are preparing to send in our CR-1 after two failed K1 attempts. Thank you for this information. We are not sure how much to send and if we should concentrate more on the time since our last denial up to today? We sent 25 pounds of proof and were denied. I don't want to kill them but we want it to be good and enough. The denials reasons were very weak but they were denials none the less. We have been together for 5 years so as you can see the proof could be huge. Any advise? Thanks

Timeline

We are preparing to send in our CR-1 after two failed K1 attempts. Thank you for this information. We are not sure how much to send and if we should concentrate more on the time since our last denial up to today? We sent 25 pounds of proof and were denied. I don't want to kill them but we want it to be good and enough. The denials reasons were very weak but they were denials none the less. We have been together for 5 years so as you can see the proof could be huge. Any advise? Thanks

You should probably concentrate on the time from your denial to the present, especially if they have previously seen past evidence. Frontloading the petition with a handful of photos (5-10 really good photos, stuff of you with him and his family, etc, maybe one from each trip to show how long term the relationship is) is a good idea, because they WILL look at that stuff when it arrives at the consulate. There's only a 50/50 chance of them looking at any evidence you take to the consulate, as you most likely know. So make the frontloading count.

I'm not very familiar with your case and what red flags you may have, but addressing them directly in the new petition with any kind of evidence you can provide is probably wise. Affidavits from both yours and his family regarding the relationship, etc could be helpful to put into the petition itself. If sending affidavits, make them short and to the point, one page max. I sent in an "evolution of relationship" timeline letter, describing the milestones of our relationship from start to the present- this is something that is recommended to do in several Asian countries, and I liked it because it gave me a presence at the interview, and showed some of my personality to the CO.

Think quality, not quantity, and try to make the evidence you send irrefutable. I made sure the photos I let them see did not seem at all posed or phony (we all put on phony smiles for the camera sometimes). I tried to convey to them our everyday lives and interaction in them. They did look at them. I don't know if it helped, but it seemed the right way to approach them.

Good luck, hon. I really REALLY hope you make it this time.

Sarah

Timeline

You should probably concentrate on the time from your denial to the present, especially if they have previously seen past evidence. Frontloading the petition with a handful of photos (5-10 really good photos, stuff of you with him and his family, etc, maybe one from each trip to show how long term the relationship is) is a good idea, because they WILL look at that stuff when it arrives at the consulate. There's only a 50/50 chance of them looking at any evidence you take to the consulate, as you most likely know. So make the frontloading count.

I'm not very familiar with your case and what red flags you may have, but addressing them directly in the new petition with any kind of evidence you can provide is probably wise. Affidavits from both yours and his family regarding the relationship, etc could be helpful to put into the petition itself. If sending affidavits, make them short and to the point, one page max. I sent in an "evolution of relationship" timeline letter, describing the milestones of our relationship from start to the present- this is something that is recommended to do in several Asian countries, and I liked it because it gave me a presence at the interview, and showed some of my personality to the CO.

Think quality, not quantity, and try to make the evidence you send irrefutable. I made sure the photos I let them see did not seem at all posed or phony (we all put on phony smiles for the camera sometimes). I tried to convey to them our everyday lives and interaction in them. They did look at them. I don't know if it helped, but it seemed the right way to approach them.

Good luck, hon. I really REALLY hope you make it this time.

Sarah

Thanks Sarah.

I will send you a private message with a few questions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.