diamondeve21

Evidence of Relationship Documents

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i not so keen on I-864 forecasting, alas.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

no, not at all.

there will be one more fee for EMS shipping, varies from 20 to 100 rmb based on where it's being shipped to.

He'll pay that at the EMS counter just outside the IV entrance on the 5th floor, after the interview, on interview day. He won't need it today, on document intake day, he'll need it tomorrow.

How'd the medical go, btw ?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

no, not at all.

there will be one more fee for EMS shipping, varies from 20 to 100 rmb based on where it's being shipped to.

He'll pay that at the EMS counter just outside the IV entrance on the 5th floor, after the interview, on interview day. He won't need it today, on document intake day, he'll need it tomorrow.

How'd the medical go, btw ?

The medical was good! He got it done in Beijing... Hes actually turning in his documents right now... exciting yet nerve wrecking...

IMG_1050small.jpgdSiam6.png

Timeline

so, I hope he re-arranged his 'stuff' after the document screeners took what they needed for today.

arrange the rest per that list in post 4.

Timeline

so, I hope he re-arranged his 'stuff' after the document screeners took what they needed for today.

arrange the rest per that list in post 4.

OMG... Darnell.. I don't even know where to start!

So my husband went to his interview and everything was fine. EXCEPT, thefreaken embassy wants something thats is UNAVAILABLE!!!

My husband lived in Singapore for one year and he needs to get some type ofproof that he has not committed any crime in Singapore. However, Singapore willNOT issue a certificate of clearance (COC) to NON-SINGAPORE citizens!!! Iremember asking them about this in December and I did receive an email dated12/1/2010 saying:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

We do not require police certificate of Singapore now as we understand it isnot available to non-singapore citizens. Your beneficiary does not need toprovide any substitute documents.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, Guangdong 510133

PRC"

I emailed the Guangzhou embassy asking for advice and asking why are wereceiving conflicting information. I have not heard back from them yet. Myhusband brought turned in a Statutory Declaration of No Criminal Convictionwhich was a substitutable document for non-Singapore citizens. I'm thinking theVO who interviewed my husband don't know much because my husband said he had togo ask other people about it and he seemed unsure... Someone even told myhusband he might want to return to Singapore to get this.... Which is totalBS!!! He doesn’t even have a valid visa to Singapore anymore… how can get toSingapore?

So today, I called NVC and spoke to a supervisor at NVC who said it was unusualfor Guangzhou to request this document. He said NVC doesn't even request it fornon-Singapore citizens. This supervisor also gave me the visa center inWashington DC and I will be calling them tomorrow.

Any advice? I wish I can speak to someone in Guangzhouand explain the situation. I did send in two emails but have not yet gotten aresponse.

Timeline

I'd keep hitting the GUZ IV web portal thingie every day, (When They Are Open)

as the Singapura Police thing changed up last year,

apparently GUZ IV isn't aware of it.

Ask for the Vice Consul-IV unit, to look into this and to respond to your email, always including a paste of the email response you got in, earlier.

IMO, the IO made a mistake. The Vice Consul-IV unit, his boss, can fix it.

Edited by Darnell

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I'd keep hitting the GUZ IV web portal thingie every day, (When They Are Open)

as the Singapura Police thing changed up last year,

apparently GUZ IV isn't aware of it.

Ask for the Vice Consul-IV unit, to look into this and to respond to your email, always including a paste of the email response you got in, earlier.

IMO, the IO made a mistake. The Vice Consul-IV unit, his boss, can fix it.

Hi Darnell,

This process is WAYYYY more complicated than we thought... So let me tell you about what happened... I also had the same post on Candle for Love.

As you know, my husband received a blue slip for not having the correctSingapore police certificate (certificate of clearance aka COC) and thatSingapore stopped issuing COC to none Singapore citizens in October of 2010.Instead, they offer a statue of declaration for none Singapore citizens. Atthat time, I did contact the Guangzhou embassy and they replied via emailsaying the statue of declaration would be acceptable. So my husband obtainedthat, we turned it into the NVC and the NVC was fine with it. When it came tothe interview, apparently Guangzhou now has a new regulation and the VO said heabsolutely needs the COC. Therefore, he received a blue slip. I then contactedthe NVC and spoke to a supervisor. He directed me to the Visa Services Centerin Washington DC and I spoke to a supervisor regarding this issue. In the meantime,I contacted the Singapore embassy in China as well as the US embassy inSingapore. They both said the COC would be acceptable!!! So it's fine witheverywhere else except Guangzhou!

So a few days later, the Visa Services Center in DC got back to me and told methat the Singapore police does issue a COC for none Singapore citizens if we doan appeal. So I contacted the Singapore police and after a couple of daysemailing them (they refused at first), we finally received some information onhow to do the appeal and that they would only issue the COC if we received anOFFICIAL LETTER from the requesting agency saying the Statue of Declaration isUNACEPTABLE! I then contacted Guangzhou embassy and it took them two and a halfweeks to send out that letter. My husband just received the letter fromGuangzhou two days ago so he will be submitting the application as well as theappeal to the Singapore police soon. However, Singapore police requires a setof finger prints from China police so he had to go get those done. After he gotthose done, I scanned fingerprints and e-mailed Singapore police and they saidthe finger prints were acceptable BUT, it needs to be translated to English. Sotomorrow, he will look for a translator and have them translate the fingerprint set. I'm not sure how are they doing to do this because it is just apiece of paper with boxes that has his finger prints in it and its labeled"left hand, right hand." So this is where we are at now….

As far as the time frame goes, Singapore will require 3 weeks to process theappeal and the application. They will mail the COC directly to Guangzhou so Iam assuming that will take another 3-4 weeks for Guangzhou to process that? Sowe are looking at September visa…

Timeline

Good Lord, Lass.

Hang in there !

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Sounds like you need to get your senator involved as well. It is normal unfortunately for GZ to not play by the rules and require things that are next to impossible and/or loose documents that you just gave them the day before and then drag things out for months. It will take a while to get the ball rolling with the senator so it doesn't hurt to contact them now and let them make some inquiries on your behalf.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Timeline

Sounds like you need to get your senator involved as well. It is normal unfortunately for GZ to not play by the rules and require things that are next to impossible and/or loose documents that you just gave them the day before and then drag things out for months. It will take a while to get the ball rolling with the senator so it doesn't hurt to contact them now and let them make some inquiries on your behalf.

Well, at this point, I don't know how much help can they provide because we already mailed everything to Singapore and we are waiting on Singapore to issue the COC. But I do wish there is a way to expedite the process...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.