SweBro

Almost Approved Interview

2 posts in this topic

Soon, very soon will I have my VISA in hand, had the interview in Stockholm last thursday. The only thing i had missed was to bring a tax form from my wifes latest tax filing.

I didnt realise that she had to file taxes in the US since she has lived in Sweden all her life.

So she filed taxes and I'm gonna send the embassy a copy of that form, after that they will issue the VISA for me.

So, 26/8 is the date when we are moving :)

--------------------------

23/05/2011 - My wife filed i-130 at the US Embassy in Stockholm

1/06/2011 - Medical Exam, Chest X-ray

16/6/2011 - Sent in all documents to Embassy

20/6/2011 - Recieved letter from Embassy with Scheduled Interview

29/6/2011 - Interview - almost approved, had to send them one more paper

11/7/2011 - Recieved VISA paggage, not even 2 months total time :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Soon, very soon will I have my VISA in hand, had the interview in Stockholm last thursday. The only thing i had missed was to bring a tax form from my wifes latest tax filing.

I didnt realise that she had to file taxes in the US since she has lived in Sweden all her life.

So she filed taxes and I'm gonna send the embassy a copy of that form, after that they will issue the VISA for me.

So, 26/8 is the date when we are moving :)

Did they treat you well at the embassy? I keep telling my husband I will complain loud & clear if they give him a hard time. :)

IR-1/CR-1 Spouse CA Svc Ctr 2011 (82 days) Apr07: NOA1. Jun27: NOA2 text.
Delivery from USCIS to NVC (24 days) Jul21: CSC mailed it to NVC

NVC (43 days)
Jul25: "in the NVC bldg"---->Jul26: NVC Case#,IIN# (1 day in-house, 29 days since NOA2)

AOS i-864.....Jul28: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug01: "paid"/mailed (4 days). Aug3: AOS in the bldg
Aug 11: phone rep "AOS RFE: 23/24a: no blanks" (pdf won't print n/a"). Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 12)
Aug 22: AOS approved

IV ds-230:
Jul26: send DS-3032 ----> Jul29: DS-3032 accepted (3 days)
Aug01: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug02: "paid"/mailed (1 day)
Aug04:ds-230 delivered ---> Aug 12: "under review"
Aug 15: phone rep "RFE:ds-230 #30." (16th bdate left as "----") Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 16)
Aug 30: phone rep: "no military record." me: "it's there!" rep: "15 biz days starting today"
Sep 06: phone rep: "needs review. 15 MORE biz days" me: "no way" Supervisor asks Mgr "open file & verify it's complete since 8/16." 6 hours later: CASE CLOSED!

Consulate
Sep 13: INTERVIEW scheduled, email letter arrived
Sep 15: MEDICAL in Stockholm
Sep 23: Packet Left NVC -> Embassy
Oct 31: INTERVIEW 4-minutes and DONE. APPROVED. Visa is "in the mail"

Nov 27: arrival in USA

DIVORCE: final May 2015 - never whould have married without dating in-person for at least a year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.