Abu and Li Li

AOS I-485 Part 3 Maritial Status??

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

Very sorry if this question is so obvious.

Details: My Finance arrived here 5 weeks ago from China. We received her Social Security Card 15 days later, and have just been married a bit over 2 weeks now (about 6 weeks after USA entry...).

On the I-485 Application / Part 3. Processing Information its asks for a Marital Status in section A.

Q: Is this her status as of entry into the USA? -- Which would be (in her case) "Divorced".

Q: Or should I check the Married - since this is our status now...?

In Section B, it asks from her Husbands Full name, which would be me...

I want no RFE's, so please advise if you can.

Thank you all in advance!!

Brent

Hello,

Very sorry if this question is so obvious.

Details: My Finance arrived here 5 weeks ago from China. We received her Social Security Card 15 days later, and have just been married a bit over 2 weeks now (about 6 weeks after USA entry...).

On the I-485 Application / Part 3. Processing Information its asks for a Marital Status in section A.

Q: Is this her status as of entry into the USA? -- Which would be (in her case) "Divorced".

Q: Or should I check the Married - since this is our status now...?

In Section B, it asks from her Husbands Full name, which would be me...

I want no RFE's, so please advise if you can.

Thank you all in advance!!

Brent

it's her present status. she would check the box for married.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Shes not divorced shes married to you.

Follow the example forms .... http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-485.pdf

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Awesome! It was one or the other. Just want to make sure. Thank you so much for this tid-bit or a question. Always know I can get the right questions answered on VJ!!

-----

it's her present status. she would check the box for married.

Thank you inky!!

Yeah, I did see that form, but thought for a minute, then felt it was bets to ask all you VJ'ers taht have are ahead of us, just to make 100% sure :)

-----

Shes not divorced shes married to you.

Follow the example forms .... http://www.visajourn...-Form-I-485.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.