tissue88

N-400 Expedited Naturalization 319b Information

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Great to find this website. It'll be great if someone familiar with my case can give me some suggestions.

Firstly, about my background:

I have had my green card for 9.5 years. It's going to expire Dec this year. Actually I have been out of US most of the time as my husband got assigned overseas one year after I received my green card. I went back to US couple times for brief visits, but didn't stay long. I didn't apply for reentry permits since I thought I couldn't do it repeatedly anyway.

Now my green card is going to expire. I need to renew it. Then I notice that I'm eligible to apply for naturalization via 319b. So I'm preparing all the documents required to file N400 via 319b.

I have a couple questions:

1) Since my husband's company is not a big, listed US company, what information do I need to collect in order to prove that it's actually an AMERICAN firm? Is a notarized letter from his employer enough?

2) I have seen people sending employment letter, employment agreement, and a letter requesting to work overseas. Could I just ask his employer to prepare one notarized letter stating everything instead?

3) As mentioned earlier, I have been out of US for a long time. Will it pose a problem if I apply naturalization via 319b?

4) My green card is going to expire Dec this year. Should I also apply for a green card renewal? If so, will there be a problem during the interview since I've been out for so long?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ada

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Are you sure that your LPR (Green Card) status is still valid?

Here is FAQ sheet that may be helpful >>> http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79520.pdf

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Are you sure that your LPR (Green Card) status is still valid?

Here is FAQ sheet that may be helpful >>> http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79520.pdf

I think so. My green card's expiry date is Dec 2011.

Thanks for the info. I've read that too. Seems like some links in the document are no longer valid though. Anyway, I will give it a try. The only worry I have is that they will challenge me for not staying in US even though I had been in US for 10 years. I only got my green card 1 year before I left US. (Sigh.. long story) What will they ask during the green card renewal interview? Will they challenge me about my not staying in US during my naturalization interview (if I get one)?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think so. My green card's expiry date is Dec 2011.

Thanks for the info. I've read that too. Seems like some links in the document are no longer valid though. Anyway, I will give it a try. The only worry I have is that they will challenge me for not staying in US even though I had been in US for 10 years. I only got my green card 1 year before I left US. (Sigh.. long story) What will they ask during the green card renewal interview? Will they challenge me about my not staying in US during my naturalization interview (if I get one)?

The expiration date does not matter. From what you've said you have been living outside the US for several years. If you have not maintained your status you may not be allowed to enter the US.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

The expiration date does not matter. From what you've said you have been living outside the US for several years. If you have not maintained your status you may not be allowed to enter the US.

That's what I worry about. But I entered US successfully without questioning last time in 2009. So I'm not sure. I will have my husband to go to US with me next time, probably in the coming month. Just keep my fingers cross.

If I'm lucky enough to get in US, do you think I will still be in trouble with green card renewal interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.