Kristenita

Did i do it right? OMG IM Worried

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

i have been married to my egyptian husband for 5 yrs in dec. we have twins 3 yrs old. He is in Jordan overseas and i am back in MO. now.

my question is i was told by the consular place that i should file the

I-130 and a G-325a biographic info (one for each of us)

is that right?? sent it today to the lockbox in chicago like they said, with return receipt.

all my supporting documents were copies, i think that was correct?

i did staple some of the papers i think someone said that was a no no? I had our marriage license translated from arabic in jordan and was like 2 pages so when i copied i stapled those together so things didnt get too mixed up. we had a few translations that were more than a page so i thought staples were appropriate.

was i wrong

i also after writing our names on the back of our passport photos had stapled the edge to the appropriate persons form.

how long should i expect to get an answer for those forms/?

cant i start the other one i think was I-485??? i read they can speed things up if done at same time/

is there any tips to expedite things to finish faster?

i also wanted to add my first husband i had married in usa and he was a jordanian visitor here , we married and he ended up many yrs later getting citizenship, we were together almost 17 yrs. with that be a negative thing do u think? since its the second time i am making papers for someone.

also....i heard after we divorced.....he had some problems with trying to arrange a marriage or something to an american lady so his friend would get citizen. Omg it really worries me to think that might have an impact on myself....i know it was after we divorced. and the guy who married the girl was deported even !

please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Kristenita

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=i130guide1

Sounds like you are aplying for an IR-1 for your husband. The link above is a good place to start.

You are no longer related to your ex husband, so you are not allowed to petition for him.

The following link is great - it will help you step-by-step as the case continues. Your I-130 petition will take 90 days to 5 months. Then the National Visa Centar part takes a while too.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

best of luck.

IR-1/CR-1 Spouse CA Svc Ctr 2011 (82 days) Apr07: NOA1. Jun27: NOA2 text.
Delivery from USCIS to NVC (24 days) Jul21: CSC mailed it to NVC

NVC (43 days)
Jul25: "in the NVC bldg"---->Jul26: NVC Case#,IIN# (1 day in-house, 29 days since NOA2)

AOS i-864.....Jul28: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug01: "paid"/mailed (4 days). Aug3: AOS in the bldg
Aug 11: phone rep "AOS RFE: 23/24a: no blanks" (pdf won't print n/a"). Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 12)
Aug 22: AOS approved

IV ds-230:
Jul26: send DS-3032 ----> Jul29: DS-3032 accepted (3 days)
Aug01: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug02: "paid"/mailed (1 day)
Aug04:ds-230 delivered ---> Aug 12: "under review"
Aug 15: phone rep "RFE:ds-230 #30." (16th bdate left as "----") Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 16)
Aug 30: phone rep: "no military record." me: "it's there!" rep: "15 biz days starting today"
Sep 06: phone rep: "needs review. 15 MORE biz days" me: "no way" Supervisor asks Mgr "open file & verify it's complete since 8/16." 6 hours later: CASE CLOSED!

Consulate
Sep 13: INTERVIEW scheduled, email letter arrived
Sep 15: MEDICAL in Stockholm
Sep 23: Packet Left NVC -> Embassy
Oct 31: INTERVIEW 4-minutes and DONE. APPROVED. Visa is "in the mail"

Nov 27: arrival in USA

DIVORCE: final May 2015 - never whould have married without dating in-person for at least a year.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

oh - sorry - re-read your post... I an not sure your ex husband's actions post-divorce will have bearing on you, since you have been married to NH for 5 years and have kids & all...

IR-1/CR-1 Spouse CA Svc Ctr 2011 (82 days) Apr07: NOA1. Jun27: NOA2 text.
Delivery from USCIS to NVC (24 days) Jul21: CSC mailed it to NVC

NVC (43 days)
Jul25: "in the NVC bldg"---->Jul26: NVC Case#,IIN# (1 day in-house, 29 days since NOA2)

AOS i-864.....Jul28: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug01: "paid"/mailed (4 days). Aug3: AOS in the bldg
Aug 11: phone rep "AOS RFE: 23/24a: no blanks" (pdf won't print n/a"). Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 12)
Aug 22: AOS approved

IV ds-230:
Jul26: send DS-3032 ----> Jul29: DS-3032 accepted (3 days)
Aug01: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug02: "paid"/mailed (1 day)
Aug04:ds-230 delivered ---> Aug 12: "under review"
Aug 15: phone rep "RFE:ds-230 #30." (16th bdate left as "----") Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 16)
Aug 30: phone rep: "no military record." me: "it's there!" rep: "15 biz days starting today"
Sep 06: phone rep: "needs review. 15 MORE biz days" me: "no way" Supervisor asks Mgr "open file & verify it's complete since 8/16." 6 hours later: CASE CLOSED!

Consulate
Sep 13: INTERVIEW scheduled, email letter arrived
Sep 15: MEDICAL in Stockholm
Sep 23: Packet Left NVC -> Embassy
Oct 31: INTERVIEW 4-minutes and DONE. APPROVED. Visa is "in the mail"

Nov 27: arrival in USA

DIVORCE: final May 2015 - never whould have married without dating in-person for at least a year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.