MrMath

Philippines Notary

6 posts in this topic

Hi!

My wife is coordinating our affidavits of bona fide marriage with friends and relatives in the Philippines. Anyone with experience with notaries in the Philippines? It seems like most of the notaries are in the market. Are they legit, as far as the embassy is concerned?

Thanks!

E & B

Most of the time, pictures are good support. Why do you need to provide affidavits? Don't you have a Certificate of Marriage? You can request copies from the NSO and that's what you have to submit. I haven't notarized anything for the Embassy and they might not accept it since most notary's will notarize anything if you pay them.

Hi!

My wife is coordinating our affidavits of bona fide marriage with friends and relatives in the Philippines. Anyone with experience with notaries in the Philippines? It seems like most of the notaries are in the market. Are they legit, as far as the embassy is concerned?

Thanks!

E & B

My wife went to her local Town Hall and asked about a Notary for affidavits, they suggested and recommended to her a certain local reputable attorney to which she took 1 of our Ninang, 1 of our Ninong, 2 friends and her parents who swore the affidavits to which the local attorney notarized them. I think the fees ammount in peso was less than 25 US dollars.

Hi!

Thanks!

E & B

Your marriage cert should already have a stamp, you will need the paper from the offical office that shows your marriage registry number# (i forget the name) thats the proof

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Our best man and maid of honor both filled out affidavits and I think that they were notarized at the courthouse. You may also try at the bank that you use there as they most often have notaries. Neither were questioned in our case. Hope this helps some! Best wishes.........

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Thanks All!

Localbballer -> The letters are due to the length of our relationship, we got married within two months of meeting. I've seen enough posts that seem to show that if you don't provide enough evidence up front, you will have to provide twice as much for the RFE. I want to give them everything we have.

Which, by the way, is:

Marriage Certificate

Many photos of my two trips there, including our wedding and reception.

Many receipts, boarding passes, etc.

Chat logs (Facebook and Skype)

Call logs (Skype)

Some mingling of finances (opened a joint account there and completed a remittance)...though this has been tough.

Receipts for my upcoming trip

...and we'll apply as soon as I have these letters of bona fide marriage.

Any advice on this list is welcomed! If a bunch of you have the experience that we don't need the letters, maybe we'll go ahead without. As everybody else here does, we want to be together as soon as we can.

E & B

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.