summerangel

K1 London Interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, my interview is in London on the 13th July and I am now really nervous. I have looked over the link they sent me and I just wanted to make sure I hvae everything and if someone who has been for the interview had posted a checklist of everything to have. Also my interview is at 9am, what time should I get there? I assume I will have to queue to get in and through security so should I get there at about 8? is that early enough or too early? Also i know I can't take in electrical items and key fobs. I just wanted to check am I okay with a purse with cards and a hotel key card? Also could I take a book and maybe a small drink? How long are you usually there? My fiance is back in the US now so sadly he can't go with me.

Another question is how long does it usually take to get your passport back from them, is there anyway to pay extra to get it back quicker? Also can this fee be paid by card or does it have to be cash?

Lastly I think I noticed someone said clearing immigration at the POE it took around 4 hours. Does it usually take so long? and which is generallyt eh best POE. I usually fly into O'hare but I could possibly do somewhere else. Oh and while you are waiting for your information to be processed what happens to your suitcases. I get so paranoid about my cases I would hate for them to be sitting there alone for so long. I know no one will take it but I alway have that fear.

Thank you for any help and answers, I really appreciate them.

8am or earlier I would say. Maybe read some of the most recent reviews (from the Embassy in general, not just K1) to see at what time the queue is becoming super long nowadays.

Book, drink, that's all fine. Credit cards and the like are all fine so the hotel key card should be fine too.

Personally I got out at lunchtime. It depends on when everyone gets there on the day: it's basically a first come first served deal.

The courier tends to deliver your passport as soon as the Embassy give it to them, so there isn't anyway to get it sooner. I think you can pay extra to get it delivered at a specific time, which might get it to you a couple of hours sooner ;) Not sure how long they are taking to process visa right now, they could process it the next day in which case you'd get it, what 2 or 3 business days after the interviews. Or it could be two weeks.

From what I remember the courier has to be paid by card and nothing else. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

You can read the POE reviews on here. It not only varies from airport to airport but also within each airport. Depends what time you arrive, how busy they are, who's on duty that day... So really you should probably allow plenty of time and bring a book in case you get through super quick! It might be that the bulk of your time is waiting in the main immigration line as usual. Your suitcases will just hang out, same as if you've all had to wait in line for ages on a normal trip... Although, I don't know if they would be taken somewhere else if you end up delayed for ages for some reason? I assume they do put cases somewhere eventually?

As for the interview...no need for nerves!!

Timeline

I believe my husband paid courier by card as well. It took about 2 weeks to receive visa and passport returned. Remember do not open brown envelope. This must be given to officers at POE. My husband also enter POE in Chicago with no problems. He said he spent about 10 mins with officer and was picking his bags up the same time as others on his flight. Again, every entry is different. No need to be nervous at interview or POE. You will do just fine... :)

Debbie & Dave

4/12/2010 Filed I-129F

4/15/2010 Recvd NOA1

7/20/2010 Recvd NOA2

7/23/2010 NVC received

7/28/2010 NVC left

7/31/2010 Consulate received

8/03/2010 Packet 3 received

8/31/2010 Packet 3 sent

10/13/2010 Packet 4 received

11/15/2010 Interview London--APPROVED

11/30/2010 Visa received

12/16/2010 POE - Chicago

02/18/2011 Married

AOS

03/30/2011 Filed AOS paperwork

04/08/2011 NOA1 received

05/09/2011 Biometrics Appt

05/31/2011 EAD approved

06/06/2011 AP Approved

06/08/2011 EAD card received

06/20/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED !!!

06/29/2011 Green Card Received

If you look in my signature, we have our interview and POE (LAX) reviews. Interview was in March and POE was in June, so both are fairly current.

You can take a book with you and a hotel key - no problem. I'm honestly not sure about beverages, but I can't imagine water being denied? (well, you can never tell!)

My fiance received his passport back in 3 days, but I see some people lately having it take just over a full week or so.

POE for my fiance at LAX was 20 minutes. This is rare and was amazing! (20 minutes from getting off the plane, going through the immigration officers getting bags and customs. VERY EFFICIENT!)

Hi, my interview is in London on the 13th July and I am now really nervous. I have looked over the link they sent me and I just wanted to make sure I hvae everything and if someone who has been for the interview had posted a checklist of everything to have. Also my interview is at 9am, what time should I get there? I assume I will have to queue to get in and through security so should I get there at about 8? is that early enough or too early? Also i know I can't take in electrical items and key fobs. I just wanted to check am I okay with a purse with cards and a hotel key card? Also could I take a book and maybe a small drink? How long are you usually there? My fiance is back in the US now so sadly he can't go with me.

Another question is how long does it usually take to get your passport back from them, is there anyway to pay extra to get it back quicker? Also can this fee be paid by card or does it have to be cash?

Lastly I think I noticed someone said clearing immigration at the POE it took around 4 hours. Does it usually take so long? and which is generallyt eh best POE. I usually fly into O'hare but I could possibly do somewhere else. Oh and while you are waiting for your information to be processed what happens to your suitcases. I get so paranoid about my cases I would hate for them to be sitting there alone for so long. I know no one will take it but I alway have that fear.

Thank you for any help and answers, I really appreciate them.

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Congrats on the interview date and good luck too!! My fiance is going the same day/time as well! He is going light and dropping off his electricals etc, at Gould's Pharmacy. Just the essentials I guess as they got food inside although I keep telling him to bring a magazine or book or something lol! When did you send off your petition? I don't see a timeline for you :)

7y6qm4.png
.....................................................................................................................................................
ROC Journey
09/23/13 - Sent I-751 Packet

09/27/13 - Received NOA1

10/07/13 - Received Biometrics Letter, appt sched for 10/31

10/09/13 - Received Transfer Notice. Case transferred to CSC Dated 10/08/13

10/31/13 - Attended Biometrics

02/18/14 - Approved!

02/26/14- 10 Year GC received!! exp. 2024!!

.....................................................................................................................................................

AOS Journey
8/13/11 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131 Petitions off together
8/18/11 - Received Email NOA1 for all three petitions
8/24/11 - Received Biometrics Appointment
9/13/11 - Had Biometrics Appointment
10/19/11 - EAD/AP Approval Text/Email / 10/27/11 - EAD/AP Card Received in Mail!
11/18/11 - Interview Text/Email for Dec 21st!
12/21/11 - Interviewed & APPROVED!
12/27/11 - Welcome to USA Letter & GC Received!!

K-1 Visa Journey
1/06/11 - Mailed I-129F to Texas Lockbox
1/07/11 - Packet received and sent on to VT
1/10/11 - NOA1 / 1/14/11 - NOA1 arrived by mail
5/09/11 - NOA2!! (Took 119 Days) / 5/12/11 - NOA2 arrived by mail
5/17/11 - NVC Received
5/18/11 - NVC Sent
5/20/11 - Embassy Received
6/11/11 - Packet 3 Sent
6/14/11 - Packet 3 signed for by someone called "KOKO"
6/15/11 - Medical / 6/20/11 - Medical Logged
6/23/11 - Packet 3 Logged
6/30/11 - Packet 4 Received (with original interview date of 7/25)
7/04/11 - Packet 4 Received (with new interview date of 7/13)
7/13/11 - Interview!! APPROVED!!!
7/15/11 - Visa in Hand
7/29/11 - POE JFK

8/06/11 - Wedding Day!
heart.gif

Timeline

Thanks for all the help everyone, if anyone else has any info that would be really great I really appreciate it.

I hope that I am as lucky as you and get my visa in the 3 days too, it would make me so happy.

little_g I hope the interview goes well, yeah he should take a book. I don't know if I will be to nervous to read it though. I know I have been lazy with my timeline, we filed in December I think it was 19th or 20th. My medical was June 8th but I had to wait about 3 weeks for that they were so busy so I am just really glad to have this interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.