Greg&Tanya

Affidavit of support

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey guys,

I had originally sent my fiancee my I-134 with an income of $0 as I am a full time grad student. However, I just started a seasonal job at a camp where I am paid $2,300 for a six week period. Also, I have been accepted into a scholars program, which is not an official job, but I am receiving 2 scholarship awards in the form of checks (which dont have to be used for tuition) for 4000 ( i received a check for 2000 this month and will receive another in december after completing a service project). Does this count as income as well?

MY question is whether I should make a new i-134 with a new income of $6,300 (combining the checks & job) and attach a sheet and proof of checks and seasonal contract listing how I derived the income ? Or should I leave the forms as is with $0 as income?

PS. My parents are co-sponsoring me, which should be enough to cover well above the poverty line, but I want to be extra prepared.

Thanks guys

You probably need a Ukrainian specific answer. Some countries don't accept co-sponsors for K1, whereas some treat it exactly like the I-864 and so if the co-sponsor qualifies that's all that matters. So you probably need someone familiar with the Ukraine to tell you if your income is completely irrelevant or if it could be helpful in making the CO happier. Of course, if in doubt, go ahead and get together the new form and send it over :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiance isnt from Ukraine but i want to know the answer for this question too... :star: i think u should just send it though just to be on the safe side. its better than 0. i have the similar situation and i hope can give u and answer for this soon.

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiance isnt from Ukraine but i want to know the answer for this question too... :star: i think u should just send it though just to be on the safe side. its better than 0. i have the similar situation and i hope can give u and answer for this soon.

I think I will send it.... I, too, hope that someone can answer soon :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.