shikarnov

Hotels in Kiev

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi All,

I may have reason to travel to Kiev in the not-too-distant future, and I'm wondering about hotels. Prices I've seen online range from ≈ $100 per night, all the way up to ≈ $500. In the ideal, I'd prefer not spending a week in one of the standard RUB nightmare hotels, but I'm also not to keen on spending thousands of dollars just on shelter.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Are there any decent (by Western standards) places in Kiev that are reasonably priced? Or am I reasonably screwed?

Thanks!

Z

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi All,

I may have reason to travel to Kiev in the not-too-distant future, and I'm wondering about hotels. Prices I've seen online range from ≈ $100 per night, all the way up to ≈ $500. In the ideal, I'd prefer not spending a week in one of the standard RUB nightmare hotels, but I'm also not to keen on spending thousands of dollars just on shelter.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Are there any decent (by Western standards) places in Kiev that are reasonably priced? Or am I reasonably screwed?

Thanks!

Z

Apartments are often cheaper, more convenient, and are otherwise handled just like a hotel as far as reservations, etc. I stayed in a great place right in the center of the city, I think it was called Kreschatyk Guesthouse or something like that. It was considerably less than $100 a night and was clean and comfortable!

Timeline

Hello James,

I have been to Kiev now 4 times and have had good luck with Kiev for Rent. www.kievforrent.com. Depending on location etc I have paid about $55.00 a day my last three visits for a three room apartment. About 15 to 20 minute walk from the main downtown areas. This also included high speed internet which is important for me as I maintain my business via skype and emails. Elena and I choose to eat in most of the time so the kitchen is great! www.partnerguesthouse.com is also pretty good. The apartment buildings themselves leave a little be be desired on western standards but the interiors are nice. In the summer make sure you get AC! Good luck! David

Timeline

Well the hotels I have first hand experience with are the Hotel Rus which I have stayed at about 6 times and it is my favorite. I have not been there for several years but I used to pay just over $ 100.00. I have stayed at the Hotel Kreshatik once and it was overpriced, small, dark and dingy lobby but very central. I think I payed $ 175 a night and that was over a decade ago. The Hotel Dneper is nice. Good staff, older rooms but updated and lots of character and central. I also stayed at an Intourist hotel in the middle of nowhere. I don't remember much about it but it was isolated. I believe I heard the Ukraina burned down but it was cheap and central.

My last trips were all in apartments. I think one was from www.UArents.com. The apartment was nice, about $ 85.00 a night a few years ago. They gave me an airport pickup and kept me waiting for an hour and a half. My last two trips I arranged my apartment with Jack Bragg of www.FirstDream.com. His apartments were in the $ 65.00 - 85.00 range, very central and nice. There is also Pavel with www.YourUkrainianGuide.com. I arranged one through him but ended up in the hosptial instead of Kiev.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

We used kievrent. I don't remember the per night price, but it was way under $100. Right near Kreshatyk

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If you are staying a week or less, a hotel is more convenient. The RUS hotel is cheap (for Kiev) and clean, but bare bones. If you are staying a week-plus, you should rent an apartment (bigger hassle but well worth it). In Kiev, we had good luck with UkraineTour. Also, if you need an Interpreter, tour guide, and/or "Girl Friday", we STRONGLY recommend Irina with NeedInterpreterInUkraine.com.

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

We used kievrent. I don't remember the per night price, but it was way under $100. Right near Kreshatyk

Sorry - to qualify the above, I remember that kievrent had english speaking staff and drivers, sight seeing tours, and interpreters if you needed. It was also two-plus years ago, so the information might be stale. Check on line.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.