Ankur Patel

Neither APPROVAL nor DENIED after Interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife had interview on June 23, 2011 at

Mumbai and she neither got APPROVAL nor DENIED. The officer told that they have to study the case and they will let know later by letter if she got visa or she did not got.

We have fulfilled all legal requirements and submitted all the require paper works. And we also gave all proof for what was asked and was answered all the questions which were asked by Officer during visa Interview. We are not missing any documents nor any requirements.

After all at the end they still have doubt about our relationship because...

They asked to saw wedding pictures. She saw some pictures. Then they asked to saw picture with "Seven Vows Of Marriage" but we did not have that because our marriage was simple without big celebration. In that case we did not had "Seven Vows Of Marriage" but we did had pictures with "Sindoor" & "Mangalsutra". Which we did saw to them. And at the end officer said they need to study our case and will let know later by letter.

They did took at the end her passport and all other documents which she brought with her at the consulate. They did took her signature on DS-230 at consulate. But we are still worried since they did not gave us clear APPROVAL.

Now our query is, How long will it take them to get back to us? If she gets approval then no further questions but what if she did not? What do we need to do next? What are our choices? Do we have to start all over again and have to wait whole year again? If we do apply again but at the end it will be same situation when they ask again same pictures of "Seven Vows Of Marriage". What do we need to do to prove our relationship?

I believe lawyers won't be helpful too, it will be waste of time and money. Do we have any other choice?

Any guidelines from you guys will be appreciated from bottom of heart.

Thank You in Advance :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The only advice would be to wait and be Optimistic.Since you have provided part of whats needed to show that ongoing relationship.You should try to provide phone logs as well or maybe any newest mail in btw two of you :star:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

The only advice would be to wait and be Optimistic.Since you have provided part of whats needed to show that ongoing relationship.You should try to provide phone logs as well or maybe any newest mail in btw two of you :star:

They did asked to saw phone logs, and we did submitted that too. They also took tickets & hotel bookings for where we went out after marriage as well.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

COs go through each case based on the cultural norms of each country.i dont know what seven vows of marriage IS,but i know small weddings are not common in india,so that could be the base of the reason they need to further study your case.

if you dont get approved you can refile

COs go through each case based on the cultural norms of each country.i dont know what seven vows of marriage IS,but i know small weddings are not common in india,so that could be the base of the reason they need to further study your case.

if you dont get approved you can refile

If we refile, means we have to do all process again, right? We have to wait again one year for visa interview for no-reason and besides that my concern is even if I refile, at the time of interview they will ask her to show same picture and from where we will bring that? Isn't there any other option for us?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.