Mile High Flyer

Trouble scheduling the medical exam in Peru

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Peruvian VJers...Have any of you (or your significant other) tried to schedule your medical exam recently with the clinic in Lima? My fiancée called today to schedule her appointment but ran into some trouble. She was asked for the date of her visa interview, which is Monday, July 18, and the clinic scheduled her medical exam for Friday, July 15. She tried to explain that the consulate wants the medical to be done at least 5 business days before the interview, but the clinic claimed that they don't have any appointments available until July 15 and that it isn't necessary for her to have the medical exam results with her at her interview.

It seems to me like the clinic is giving her the runaround for whatever reason because the information she was told is completely different than the information she received from the consulate. Has anyone else had a similar experience in Peru?

Timeline

Peruvian VJers...Have any of you (or your significant other) tried to schedule your medical exam recently with the clinic in Lima? My fiancée called today to schedule her appointment but ran into some trouble. She was asked for the date of her visa interview, which is Monday, July 18, and the clinic scheduled her medical exam for Friday, July 15. She tried to explain that the consulate wants the medical to be done at least 5 business days before the interview, but the clinic claimed that they don't have any appointments available until July 15 and that it isn't necessary for her to have the medical exam results with her at her interview.

It seems to me like the clinic is giving her the runaround for whatever reason because the information she was told is completely different than the information she received from the consulate. Has anyone else had a similar experience in Peru?

My husband went to the Clinica Anglo-Americano in Lima. He had no problem scheduling his medical exam a week before the interview. Also, he called only a few days before his medical exam to schedule the actual appointment. From past conversations with other VJ members and friends who are going through this process, I'm surprised that you have having difficulty with this. There are two different civil surgeons in Lima that you can go to so maybe try the other doctor to see if they can be more flexible. Otherwise, my advice would be to just keep calling and bothering them until they give you an earlier appointment. You still have some time before the interview so hopefully something will work out!

Timeline

My husband went to the Clinica Anglo-Americano in Lima. He had no problem scheduling his medical exam a week before the interview. Also, he called only a few days before his medical exam to schedule the actual appointment. From past conversations with other VJ members and friends who are going through this process, I'm surprised that you have having difficulty with this. There are two different civil surgeons in Lima that you can go to so maybe try the other doctor to see if they can be more flexible. Otherwise, my advice would be to just keep calling and bothering them until they give you an earlier appointment. You still have some time before the interview so hopefully something will work out!

Thanks for your response. The embassy now only has one civil surgeon available to perform the medical exam, which is at the Clinica Anglo-Americano. I told my fiancée to try calling again on Monday and insist that the medical exam needs to be done sooner. Hopefully she'll get to speak with someone else.

Does your husband happen to remember which phone number he called to schedule the exam? When my fiancée calls, she has been told multiple times to call back later or that their computer system is down and they can't make appointments. The whole thing just seems very sketchy to me.

Timeline

Thanks for your response. The embassy now only has one civil surgeon available to perform the medical exam, which is at the Clinica Anglo-Americano. I told my fiancée to try calling again on Monday and insist that the medical exam needs to be done sooner. Hopefully she'll get to speak with someone else.

Does your husband happen to remember which phone number he called to schedule the exam? When my fiancée calls, she has been told multiple times to call back later or that their computer system is down and they can't make appointments. The whole thing just seems very sketchy to me.

Perhaps since there is only one civil surgeon available now there are less appointments and times available. My husband doesn't remember which phone number. I remember he said that the doctor was nice but some of his assistants weren't super friendly. Keep trying and good luck!

I'm not sure if this is something you want to consider or not but you could explain to the embassy the issue with the medical exam and reschedule your interview? Just an idea. We had to reschedule our interview because they only gave us a few days notice and we couldn't get the documents together in time. Or go to the interview without the medical files, discuss it with the consulate and bring them the medical when you have it. Either way, the process is a pain and stressful but I'm sure SOMETHING will work out. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Perhaps since there is only one civil surgeon available now there are less appointments and times available. My husband doesn't remember which phone number. I remember he said that the doctor was nice but some of his assistants weren't super friendly. Keep trying and good luck!

I'm not sure if this is something you want to consider or not but you could explain to the embassy the issue with the medical exam and reschedule your interview? Just an idea. We had to reschedule our interview because they only gave us a few days notice and we couldn't get the documents together in time. Or go to the interview without the medical files, discuss it with the consulate and bring them the medical when you have it. Either way, the process is a pain and stressful but I'm sure SOMETHING will work out. Good luck!

That's interesting as the embassy and clinc told us you only need 3 days. Our medical examination is 30 June, and Interview 5 July. It's a bit closer than I prefer, but whatever. Depends whom you speak with though. The first time she got one lady and she was a bit firm, I called back and got another, and she was quite more amiable.

-------------------------------

Met - January 2010
Engaged - 24 November 2010
Sent I-129F to Lewisville Lockbox - 7 December 2010
I-129F Received - 8 December 2010
NOA1 - 9 December 2010
Check Cashed - 10 December 2010
Touch - 13 December 2010
Touch - 31 December 2010
Touch - 3 May 2011
NOA 2 - 3 May 2011
NVC Received Petition - 11 May 2011
NVC Sent Petition to Lima - 13 May 2011
Packet 4 Received - 11 June 2011
Medical Exam - 30 June 2011
Interview - 5 July 2011
POE Ft Lauderdale - 24 July 2011

Legal Marriage - 5 August 2011

Filed AOS - 17 October 2011
I-485 Received - 18 October 2011
NOA Received - 31 October 2011
Check Cashed - 1 November 2011
Biometrics - 23 November 2011
NOA 2 Received - 4 January 2012
Interview Scheduled - 7 February 2012

Green Card Received 28 March 2012

Sent I-751 to VSC - 19 February 2014

I - 751 Received 21 February 2014

Biometrics 16 September 2013 - Were done already for I-90 for stolen Green Card.

Cash Checked 27 February 2014

Timeline

That's interesting as the embassy and clinc told us you only need 3 days. Our medical examination is 30 June, and Interview 5 July. It's a bit closer than I prefer, but whatever. Depends whom you speak with though. The first time she got one lady and she was a bit firm, I called back and got another, and she was quite more amiable.

Just curious, how soon before the interview did you call and make the medical appointment? My fiancée first called a little over 3 weeks before our interview date. I imagine the clinic is pretty busy since there's only one doctor now, but I find it hard to believe that they are all booked up for the next 3 weeks like they tell us! I guess it's just all part of the "fun" that we get to have with this experience.

Timeline

Just curious, how soon before the interview did you call and make the medical appointment? My fiancée first called a little over 3 weeks before our interview date. I imagine the clinic is pretty busy since there's only one doctor now, but I find it hard to believe that they are all booked up for the next 3 weeks like they tell us! I guess it's just all part of the "fun" that we get to have with this experience.

I called about 10 days ago. I'm not sure if it's a Peruvian thing or just my personality, but once with the embassy and once with the exam, they wouldn't schedule it when she called, but would when I did. That said, I think they should have something.

-------------------------------

Met - January 2010
Engaged - 24 November 2010
Sent I-129F to Lewisville Lockbox - 7 December 2010
I-129F Received - 8 December 2010
NOA1 - 9 December 2010
Check Cashed - 10 December 2010
Touch - 13 December 2010
Touch - 31 December 2010
Touch - 3 May 2011
NOA 2 - 3 May 2011
NVC Received Petition - 11 May 2011
NVC Sent Petition to Lima - 13 May 2011
Packet 4 Received - 11 June 2011
Medical Exam - 30 June 2011
Interview - 5 July 2011
POE Ft Lauderdale - 24 July 2011

Legal Marriage - 5 August 2011

Filed AOS - 17 October 2011
I-485 Received - 18 October 2011
NOA Received - 31 October 2011
Check Cashed - 1 November 2011
Biometrics - 23 November 2011
NOA 2 Received - 4 January 2012
Interview Scheduled - 7 February 2012

Green Card Received 28 March 2012

Sent I-751 to VSC - 19 February 2014

I - 751 Received 21 February 2014

Biometrics 16 September 2013 - Were done already for I-90 for stolen Green Card.

Cash Checked 27 February 2014

Timeline

I called about 10 days ago. I'm not sure if it's a Peruvian thing or just my personality, but once with the embassy and once with the exam, they wouldn't schedule it when she called, but would when I did. That said, I think they should have something.

My fiancee is having a worse problem actually. She called today June 28th, she has her interview scheduled for July 20th, they said the first available was the 21st of July. This is over 3 weeks in the future. I have sent the embassy an email regarding the situation. However, I'm very nervous that when previously trying to contact the embassy I get zero help. We had previously ask it to be rescheduled because I wanted to attend as well but was unable in that date and they said there were no more available days in July. I called and they said they would call her and haven't. I'm not sure what to do.

Does anyone know if it may be possible for her to show up to the Clinica Anglo-Americana and just sit and wait for someone to not show up for the appointment.

Please any help you have, we're desperate.

Timeline
My fiancee is having a worse problem actually. She called today June 28th, she has her interview scheduled for July 20th, they said the first available was the 21st of July. This is over 3 weeks in the future. I have sent the embassy an email regarding the situation. However, I'm very nervous that when previously trying to contact the embassy I get zero help. We had previously ask it to be rescheduled because I wanted to attend as well but was unable in that date and they said there were no more available days in July. I called and they said they would call her and haven't. I'm not sure what to do.

Does anyone know if it may be possible for her to show up to the Clinica Anglo-Americana and just sit and wait for someone to not show up for the appointment.

If I were you, I probably wouldn't have her try just showing up at the clinic. Like I said, I'm basically in the same boat since my fiancee's medical results won't be ready in time for her interview. I get the feeling that the embassy is aware that many people are facing this situation.

The embassy told me that my fiancee should still attend her interview regardless of whether she has the medical results. Once she receives the medical results, she will have to send those to the embassy via DHL. Then, a consular officer will review the results, and assuming everything looks good, they will approve the visa. The passport and sealed packet will then be returned to her via DHL. They said that my fiancee won't have to return to the embassy after her interview, and that the whole process shouldn't take very long to complete.

As far as contacting the embassy, I've always used the contact form on their website at http://lima.usembassy.gov/http/spanish/http/lima/feedbackform.html and have always received a response from them within 24 hours. Good luck!

• 1 year later...
Timeline

If I were you, I probably wouldn't have her try just showing up at the clinic. Like I said, I'm basically in the same boat since my fiancee's medical results won't be ready in time for her interview. I get the feeling that the embassy is aware that many people are facing this situation.

The embassy told me that my fiancee should still attend her interview regardless of whether she has the medical results. Once she receives the medical results, she will have to send those to the embassy via DHL. Then, a consular officer will review the results, and assuming everything looks good, they will approve the visa. The passport and sealed packet will then be returned to her via DHL. They said that my fiancee won't have to return to the embassy after her interview, and that the whole process shouldn't take very long to complete.

As far as contacting the embassy, I've always used the contact form on their website at http://lima.usembassy.gov/http/spanish/http/lima/feedbackform.html and have always received a response from them within 24 hours. Good luck!

Hola, I have a few questions related to submitting the medical report after the interview, which it looks like you did. Was your fiancee able to submit the medical reports after the interview? Also, if yes how long after the report was sent it in was your visa approved. Thank you and Happy NUEVO Year!

Timeline

Hola, I have a few questions related to submitting the medical report after the interview, which it looks like you did. Was your fiancee able to submit the medical reports after the interview? Also, if yes how long after the report was sent it in was your visa approved. Thank you and Happy NUEVO Year!

Yes, my fiancee was able to submit the medical reports after the interview without any problem. It turned out to be a pretty painless process. I don't remember exactly how long it took, but I want to say that the visa was approved and ready to be picked up at the DHL office about one month after we submitted the medical reports. We met someone who also had to submit their medical reports after the interview, and I remember them saying that it only took about a week or so for their visa to get approved. So, I guess it depends on how busy they are at the time. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yes, my fiancee was able to submit the medical reports after the interview without any problem. It turned out to be a pretty painless process. I don't remember exactly how long it took, but I want to say that the visa was approved and ready to be picked up at the DHL office about one month after we submitted the medical reports. We met someone who also had to submit their medical reports after the interview, and I remember them saying that it only took about a week or so for their visa to get approved. So, I guess it depends on how busy they are at the time. Good luck!

THANK YOU! We had our interview this past Wednesday and were given a yellow form with the instructions to send in the report(s) once ready!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.