ahkhan99

How long does it take for NVC to receive file after I130 approval?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi,

My I-130 (IR-5) was approved with a notice date of 06/06/2011 (priority date 12/08/2010). I have been calling the NVC automated line daily, but they still have no record of my file. I am using the WAC receipt number to get a case number. It has been at least 14 working days since the approval. I was hoping they would at least get a case number assigned by now. How long does really take? I see people got this in less time.

Thanks.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My father in law's noa2 date was 6/1/2011 and I called the NVC number daily. I got an email from NVC with the case number and invoice number for AOS fee just yesterday. (I registered an email with USCIS on the USCIS website). I called the automated answering system the day before, but there was no case number.

hope this helps.

Hello ahkhan99,

Please pardon my ignorance on IR5, but I have a simple question; based on your earlier post NVC do not have any record on your approval and you registered your email address with USCIS. Are you expecting to get an email from NVC once your case is added in their system?

Please try to talk to an operator and see if you can get something out of them. Usually (from my experience), the NVC operators are much more qualified and capable than the USCIS operators (that's what I felt). As soon as you are in their system, register your (both petitioner and beneficiary) email and phone number.

Last question; why do you not have a timeline?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hello ahkhan99,

Please pardon my ignorance on IR5, but I have a simple question; based on your earlier post NVC do not have any record on your approval and you registered your email address with USCIS. Are you expecting to get an email from NVC once your case is added in their system?

Please try to talk to an operator and see if you can get something out of them. Usually (from my experience), the NVC operators are much more qualified and capable than the USCIS operators (that's what I felt). As soon as you are in their system, register your (both petitioner and beneficiary) email and phone number.

Last question; why do you not have a timeline?

Hi Hellraiser,

I had my email registered with USCIS when I applied the I-130. Anyway, I finally got my NVC number today. It was updated yesterday in the system. Already called and updated the beneficiary email address and also got the IIN from the customer service agent.

My timeline is updated now.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.