adillabbas

Consular misunderstood bout i864

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi i would like to know if this happen with any one the consular Andrew on window 3 call me and said as i see your wife income does not meet the requirement and but we are above poverty level without assets and then he said she got 4 children i said yes but only three girls living with her boy is 18 yr old and living with his dad and he said oh i c do u have any papers and i showed him some papers then he said i know but i can give you a favor if you can give me some clear statement which says everything for my step son is paid by her dad and den i explain him about retirement fund which he said we cant accept that 401k job related i said its not job related its qrdo given by her x husband in divorce and den he said again ooo i c and den i said what should i do he said send me sum clear statement and u don't have to come back all u need to do submit the document by token and he kept my passport and didn't say if im approved or not on 221g letter saying need a joint sponsor and Ap which he said every man need to go thru this.. i said that's OK but its really hard to find out the co sponsor n he said yeah i can understand and sent me some clear statement bout my step son but he didn't mention that in 221g bcoz he said to me verbally i sent all the proofs on 20th June...still waiting for there response because if they don't count the step son then we are above poverty line .....guide me please what to do :( so worried i miss my wife soo much its like for few ppl who is doing fraud bcoz of that we all have to pay for that :( by going thru this all stress any help will be appreciated thanks

eDztp5.png

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't understand....your stepson is 18? Why would he be included in the support? Did she have any documents for the retirement fund? Maybe they need to see some proof of it. Is it a payment that she regularly receives? It sounds like you just need to provide them with some more financial information.

I'm sorry, I hope you can get this cleared up soon.;)

Hi i would like to know if this happen with any one the consular Andrew on window 3 call me and said as i see your wife income does not meet the requirement and but we are above poverty level without assets and then he said she got 4 children i said yes but only three girls living with her boy is 18 yr old and living with his dad and he said oh i c do u have any papers and i showed him some papers then he said i know but i can give you a favor if you can give me some clear statement which says everything for my step son is paid by her dad and den i explain him about retirement fund which he said we cant accept that 401k job related i said its not job related its qrdo given by her x husband in divorce and den he said again ooo i c and den i said what should i do he said send me sum clear statement and u don't have to come back all u need to do submit the document by token and he kept my passport and didn't say if im approved or not on 221g letter saying need a joint sponsor and Ap which he said every man need to go thru this.. i said that's OK but its really hard to find out the co sponsor n he said yeah i can understand and sent me some clear statement bout my step son but he didn't mention that in 221g bcoz he said to me verbally i sent all the proofs on 20th June...still waiting for there response because if they don't count the step son then we are above poverty line .....guide me please what to do :( so worried i miss my wife soo much its like for few ppl who is doing fraud bcoz of that we all have to pay for that :( by going thru this all stress any help will be appreciated thanks

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

I don't understand....your stepson is 18? Why would he be included in the support? Did she have any documents for the retirement fund? Maybe they need to see some proof of it. Is it a payment that she regularly receives? It sounds like you just need to provide them with some more financial information.

I'm sorry, I hope you can get this cleared up soon.;)

It was the CO who decided to include my son not us...We didnt include my son in my i 864 bcos i only have the girls living with me he lives somewhere else and i dont claim him on taxes so per the i 864 instructions i included the ppl it said on page 7 of the instructions:

post-92524-0-20377100-1308913866_thumb.jpg

The CO decided to include him instead...so when he said for us to submit clear information about this we hired an attorney to review the documents of divorce/custody and he clearly said that my son was of majority age here in NC, lives with his father, i pay no child support and i waived my rights to claim him on taxes.

He also included information about the 401k QDRO which is not job related but a property settlement. I get quarterly dividends and if i decide to cash out i can at anytime because it is not connected to my job thus no undue hardship (per the attorney)

We also included my sons drivers license and his bank statement as well as the specific pages regarding the custody arrangement which shows my ex is responsible 100% for college for all the children as well as other back up documents to support the attorney letter.

We submitted on monday so we just pray that this clarifies the situation and lets us move ahead and not be stagnant in this process...

thanks....

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

salam adillabbas i read all you and your wife previous post and current post so here is the answer of all your concern about your case i send reply to your wife also so i send you a copy of my reply which i send to your wife also first of all as i mention in my previous post your husband case is fine and you dont have to worry about that if you talking about 221g there is a lots of lots meaning 221g is use for many many purpose for example immigrant and for nonimmigrant visa and different kind of visa for example Essentially, it's a temporary hold of some sort. It's used under a variety of circumstances before a final decision is made. Sometimes, you're missing some document that they consider vital to the decision. Sometimes, they've decided to investigate your case further for possible fraud. In your case, some time it's going through a background check of some sort, no way to know what without accessing the database. Once the results of the AR means ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW.. If you lack some papers or you/your husband papers need some verification thats the time they will put your husband on AR, but all in all you are still good to go its just that they need more time to review some of your papers check comes in they'll make a final decision on your case.if you talking about colour papers as my knowledge of experience there is a lot of meaning of colours papers if they gave your husband white paper its mean blank result consular officer unable to make any decision in your husband cr1 case because lack of papers if you send all proof and evidence doc and papers to embassy then consular is able to make final decision on your husband cr1 case if consular officer satisfied that this papers is excepatable then after that he will write a comments or letter to DOS department of state that iam satisfied with benificiary and his document file iam request to you please issue him visa with passport then after that DOS DEPT OF STATE give order to benificiary home embassy please issue benificiary visa as my knowledge of experience your case is ok so please dont hurry up every work done its own right time wait for the right time and if they kept your husband passport this is very very good sign because 100 out of 99 percent benificiary got visa with passport

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes I knew that they decided to include him, I just don't understand why, since he's 18 and doesn't live with you........

I hope the documents you submitted will clear it all up so you can move forward. Good luck:)

It was the CO who decided to include my son not us...We didnt include my son in my i 864 bcos i only have the girls living with me he lives somewhere else and i dont claim him on taxes so per the i 864 instructions i included the ppl it said on page 7 of the instructions:

post-92524-0-20377100-1308913866_thumb.jpg

The CO decided to include him instead...so when he said for us to submit clear information about this we hired an attorney to review the documents of divorce/custody and he clearly said that my son was of majority age here in NC, lives with his father, i pay no child support and i waived my rights to claim him on taxes.

He also included information about the 401k QDRO which is not job related but a property settlement. I get quarterly dividends and if i decide to cash out i can at anytime because it is not connected to my job thus no undue hardship (per the attorney)

We also included my sons drivers license and his bank statement as well as the specific pages regarding the custody arrangement which shows my ex is responsible 100% for college for all the children as well as other back up documents to support the attorney letter.

We submitted on monday so we just pray that this clarifies the situation and lets us move ahead and not be stagnant in this process...

thanks....

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

Yes I knew that they decided to include him, I just don't understand why, since he's 18 and doesn't live with you........

I hope the documents you submitted will clear it all up so you can move forward. Good luck:)

We don't understand either.. :( thanks...i hope it clears it all up too..

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.