pocheros

Toronto Medical Review

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Inky, yes I think we have to bring everything,,I was hoping for a CD, but nope, go the honkn' huge one, it looks like after reading quite a few of the Montreal interview reviews, they never asked any one for the x-rays, just the sealed envelepe..What I am nervous about is if they ask for the I-864 (evidence of Support) I was told that is for another visa, not the K-1. I pray they don't ask for this, because my fiance didn't fill it out, only the 1-134 (Affidavit of Support) plus his 2010 income tax, letter from employer,etc...

Coconut already answered this, but no, they don't want the 864. The 864 is for the adjustment of status. You fill it out after you enter the states. No worries. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Coconut already answered this, but no, they don't want the 864. The 864 is for the adjustment of status. You fill it out after you enter the states. No worries. :)

US embassy/consul can request an I-864 from a k-1 visa applicant if they do not believe they have the required income.

Generally Montreal does not ask for this though.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Montreal will not ask for the I-864.

thank you (F)

thanks everyone...this was weighing heavy on my mind...

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my medical on Tuesday morning and it was so fast and easy that it was rather unremarkable. I took a cab there but overestimated how long it would take and was there by 5:30am, and was first in line :lol: There's a Starbucks across the street and a McDonalds next to it. It's easy to find because the building has an awning with 145 FRONT ST. EAST printed on it.

So I sat outside the building until a lady came at 6:10 and opened the doors. She let me sit inside the foyer while she got the office ready. A few minutes later a guy showed up for a medical as well. At 6:25 she started processing me and the other guy. She asked for 3 photos, my letter from the consulate/packet 4, passport, and vaccination record. She asked for the payment which I received a receipt for.

After that I was instructed to wait outside the x ray room. The lady for the x ray got there at 7am. After she took my x ray I had my height and weight recorded by a nurse, then I had blood drawn. Another nurse came and took my blood pressure and pulse. Then I was instructed to take off all my clothing and put on a paper gown and wait for the doctor to arrive.

The doctor (I got Dr. Malcolm) was very nice. He looked at my vaccination record and saw everything was up to date. He asked me some questions (are you taking any medication, do you have any conditions, do you have HIV etc. etc.) none of which applied to me so it went smoothly. He then listened to my lungs and did some sort of abdominal exam. Then he left and a nurse came back to do a breast exam and take a quick peek between my legs (literally), I think just to confirm that you're the gender you say you are :lol:

I was out of there by 7:20. I didn't notice how full or empty the waiting area was when I got out because I was so relieved that the medical was over :) All in all I found everyone I worked with to be very professional and efficient. I know it's obvious but you can tell these guys do the exact same thing every single day and they were very kind and helpful. It was a relief to have my medical done by such people.

By the way, if you're like me and you have no remarkable medical history to speak of at all, it's okay to just bring the minimum (that is, your vaccination record.) I've never used medication for a long period of time or had any conditions or surgeries to speak and was fine with just the minimum documents. My vaccination record was completely up to date, however.

Thanks for the great review! My medical is on Monday and getting nervous, but your post really put my mind at ease.

You mentioned you had to show the packet 4 letter from the Consulate... i never received any letter in the mail. Packet 3 and 4 was emailed to me, would that be sufficient for the medical exam?

thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the great review! My medical is on Monday and getting nervous, but your post really put my mind at ease.

You mentioned you had to show the packet 4 letter from the Consulate... i never received any letter in the mail. Packet 3 and 4 was emailed to me, would that be sufficient for the medical exam?

thanks!

Glad it helped :)

As to your question: I'm not sure. You didn't get either as a hardcopy? I would suggest calling and e-mailing them to ask although I don't know if they're closed on the weekends. I have nothing to base this off of but everyone there seemed very helpful so I would think that a print out of the e-mail would be sufficient as long as it contains identifying information. It is from the consulate after all. It's also common for Montrealers to not receive Pkt3 or Pkt4 so perhaps someone who has experienced this situation will chime in.

Make sure to also bring three passport style photos, your passport, and your vaccination record. Oh, and the fee, of course (cash/money order/certified cheque only).

thanks!

We didn't get anything mailed to us as a hard copy either. But in the email you got scheduling your interview date, there should have been a pdf letter that says:

"Dear _________

Then enclosed information pertains to ____________'s interest in immigrating to the United States of America. The National Visa Center (NVC) has completed its processing of ___________'s petitionm case number ________________; and forwarded it to the American Embassy/Consulate in MONTREAL.

An immigrant visa interview has been scheduled for the applicant at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in MONTREAL on _________ at______."

it goes on.

this is the letter you need. print off all 3 or 4 pages, but they will only ask for the first. But bring the whole letter anyway.

hope that helps!

Our Visa Journey:

06/18/2010 - Submitted I-130 pkg and cheque - Denied, missing information
07/07/2010 - Re-submitted pkg - Denied, same information incorrect or missing - pulling our hair out!
08/30/2010 - Re-submitted pkg AGAIN! this time tried a new answer on two questions.
09/03/2010 - received pkg
09/08/2010 - NOA-1 sent
09/13/2010 - Touched
12/13/2010 - NOA-2 Issued.
12/19/2010 - NOA-2 Hard Copy Received!
01/04/2011 - Received AOS Bill
02/01/2011 - Paid AOS Bill
02/23/2011 - Received IV Bill
03/29/2011 - Paid IV Bill
03/30/2011 - Mailed IV Packet
04/01/2011 - Mailed AoS Packet
04/21/2011 - RFE
04/29/2011 - Evidence Mailed in
05/06/2011 - Case Complete!
05/13/2011 - Received Email with Interview Date!
06/27/2011 - Interview! - APPROVED!!!
07/08/2011 - Visa in hand.
07/12/2011 - POE Niagara Falls, NY Rainbow Bridge. Less than 30 minutes!

Our RoC Journey:

06/21/2013 - Mailed in RoC package

06/24/2013 - Package arrived at VSC

06/25/2013 - NOA was sent out

07/31/2013 - Biometrics Appointment

08/19/2013 - Notice of Transfer to CSC

08/26/2013 - Touched. (probably when it was received by CSC I would assume)

10/02/2013 - RoC Approved

10/07/2013 - Received Approval Notice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.