pocheros

Toronto Medical Review

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my medical on Tuesday morning and it was so fast and easy that it was rather unremarkable. I took a cab there but overestimated how long it would take and was there by 5:30am, and was first in line :lol: There's a Starbucks across the street and a McDonalds next to it. It's easy to find because the building has an awning with 145 FRONT ST. EAST printed on it.

So I sat outside the building until a lady came at 6:10 and opened the doors. She let me sit inside the foyer while she got the office ready. A few minutes later a guy showed up for a medical as well. At 6:25 she started processing me and the other guy. She asked for 3 photos, my letter from the consulate/packet 4, passport, and vaccination record. She asked for the payment which I received a receipt for.

After that I was instructed to wait outside the x ray room. The lady for the x ray got there at 7am. After she took my x ray I had my height and weight recorded by a nurse, then I had blood drawn. Another nurse came and took my blood pressure and pulse. Then I was instructed to take off all my clothing and put on a paper gown and wait for the doctor to arrive.

The doctor (I got Dr. Malcolm) was very nice. He looked at my vaccination record and saw everything was up to date. He asked me some questions (are you taking any medication, do you have any conditions, do you have HIV etc. etc.) none of which applied to me so it went smoothly. He then listened to my lungs and did some sort of abdominal exam. Then he left and a nurse came back to do a breast exam and take a quick peek between my legs (literally), I think just to confirm that you're the gender you say you are :lol:

I was out of there by 7:20. I didn't notice how full or empty the waiting area was when I got out because I was so relieved that the medical was over :) All in all I found everyone I worked with to be very professional and efficient. I know it's obvious but you can tell these guys do the exact same thing every single day and they were very kind and helpful. It was a relief to have my medical done by such people.

By the way, if you're like me and you have no remarkable medical history to speak of at all, it's okay to just bring the minimum (that is, your vaccination record.) I've never used medication for a long period of time or had any conditions or surgeries to speak and was fine with just the minimum documents. My vaccination record was completely up to date, however.

Excellent! I'm glad it went so smoothly! When I was there, I got through everything but the exam really quickly, and for that I waited until 8 when the doctor (I didn't get her name, but she was female) came to talk to me. And I'll agree, the process of it was really efficient!

Fedex just dropped off mine now, from my medical on Monday. This xray is huge, I don't know where to keep it!! :)

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Timeline

Haha, regarding the x-ray, I'm getting my brother to pick up my medical since he works in Toronto and when I told him the instructions stated to bring a shopping bag to carry the x ray he said "I was just going to put everything in my backpack." I made him take a plastic grocery bag just in case so I guess I'll find out how big it is tonight :)

haha we just missed each other! I had mine Tuesday too and I got there probably about 7 ish.. there was only myself and another girl in the waiting room. Actually, even when I left the waiting room wasn't full. The exam mostly was ok. The chest and physical went without a hitch, but the nurse doing the blood work had a ####### of a time getting blood from me. She tried twice, couldn't get it, so she told me to go do the physical first. then I went back and she tried 3 more times, still no luck. So she had to get the Dr in. 7 minutes of tourniquet switching from arm to arm and tapping to get a vein to pop, she finally got on in my right hand and was able to get the blood out. Mentally I was freaking out because I KNEW I needed that blood test! And I had just had blood work done 2 weeks ago with no problems so I was like why isn't this working? ha ha. But they got it done. I live out of town as well so I called to make sure my results are in... I haven't heard back and the last bus that will get me there in time leaves in just under an hour.. so unless I hear back in the next 20 min Ill go tomorrow to pick the results up.. since I leave Sunday for Montreal for my interview Monday. whew!

But I can say all the staff were really friendly, that's for sure. Especially the receptionist.. she was SO nice!

Our Visa Journey:

06/18/2010 - Submitted I-130 pkg and cheque - Denied, missing information
07/07/2010 - Re-submitted pkg - Denied, same information incorrect or missing - pulling our hair out!
08/30/2010 - Re-submitted pkg AGAIN! this time tried a new answer on two questions.
09/03/2010 - received pkg
09/08/2010 - NOA-1 sent
09/13/2010 - Touched
12/13/2010 - NOA-2 Issued.
12/19/2010 - NOA-2 Hard Copy Received!
01/04/2011 - Received AOS Bill
02/01/2011 - Paid AOS Bill
02/23/2011 - Received IV Bill
03/29/2011 - Paid IV Bill
03/30/2011 - Mailed IV Packet
04/01/2011 - Mailed AoS Packet
04/21/2011 - RFE
04/29/2011 - Evidence Mailed in
05/06/2011 - Case Complete!
05/13/2011 - Received Email with Interview Date!
06/27/2011 - Interview! - APPROVED!!!
07/08/2011 - Visa in hand.
07/12/2011 - POE Niagara Falls, NY Rainbow Bridge. Less than 30 minutes!

Our RoC Journey:

06/21/2013 - Mailed in RoC package

06/24/2013 - Package arrived at VSC

06/25/2013 - NOA was sent out

07/31/2013 - Biometrics Appointment

08/19/2013 - Notice of Transfer to CSC

08/26/2013 - Touched. (probably when it was received by CSC I would assume)

10/02/2013 - RoC Approved

10/07/2013 - Received Approval Notice

Wow, I guess Monday is just the busy day then! The waiting room was absolutely packed by the time we left at 8:15! Standing room only!

And if it was the same receptionist as Monday, she was so incredibly nice! :D

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Timeline

Shawna,

Medicals done on tuesday are ready after 12:00 today. My brother just picked mine up. Yours is probably ready right now too :)

Hmm, I wonder if I saw you when I left? Haha. I was the girl with really bright red hair. XD

And yes, the receptionist was so sweet!

Edited by pocheros

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My medical was pretty good aside from them scaring me about some bumps under my armpits, and my verbal confirmation of mumps was not sufficient, and my chickenpox report was ambiguous; one report said I was immune, antibodies detected, but the Measles report said: "please disregard the VZV IgG report sent previously, This test was done in error" so no wonder Dr. Malcome wasn't sure how to proceed. I had to get new bloodwork done again to confirm results, retest blood pressure (no wonder it was high) and have my Family Dr. confirm the lumps & bumps were nothing..which they were phew.:thumbs: But they are a very effecient bunch at the clinic and very helpful, courteous and professional, too bad Public health was not so efficient. But my goodness the chest x-ray is big...will be fun carrying it on the train to Montreal for my interview on Aug. 3. So everyone to avoid any problems try really hard to get your immunization records from Public health. Because of Toronto amalgamating into the GTA, Public health could not find any records for me, so I had to start from square one. Lots of work, but at least I now have confirmation on my childhood illnesses.

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

I did get my results yesterday. So thats good.. the xrays are HUGE! and I forgot to bring a bag to carry them in, so I had to buy a birthday gift bag at one of the shops at Union Station. ha ha. then the whole ordeal going back.. my train was delayed... then delayed some more.. then stopped because of a medical emergency. what a hassle. lol. But now all I need to do is re-do my DS-230 for the interview (because since I submitted it, Ive been back to visit hubby again for his university grad)... and.. pack!

Our Visa Journey:

07/07/2010 - Re-submitted pkg - Denied, same information incorrect or missing - pulling our hair out!
08/30/2010 - Re-submitted pkg AGAIN! this time tried a new answer on two questions.
09/08/2010 - NOA-1 sent
09/13/2010 - Touched
04/21/2011 - RFE

Our RoC Journey:

Timeline

I did get my results yesterday. So thats good.. the xrays are HUGE! and I forgot to bring a bag to carry them in, so I had to buy a birthday gift bag at one of the shops at Union Station. ha ha. then the whole ordeal going back.. my train was delayed... then delayed some more.. then stopped because of a medical emergency. what a hassle. lol. But now all I need to do is re-do my DS-230 for the interview (because since I submitted it, Ive been back to visit hubby again for his university grad)... and.. pack!

wow your interview is coming up so fast, I hope I didn't miss you to say good luck!!!!!! :thumbs:

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

wow your interview is coming up so fast, I hope I didn't miss you to say good luck!!!!!! :thumbs:

aww thanks! I leave Sunday morning for it. Get into Montreal at about 7pm and then the next day Ill be headed to the interview. Im freaking out... I logically know there is no reason to get a no from them.. but until I have that "welcome to the US" experience I think Im going to be freaking out. I know I will. :D I miss my hubby SO much.. as I know we all miss our spouses.. Its so tough. And my best friend and his friend are dating now.. they met at our wedding.. so I feel like Im watching hubby and I's relationship all over again ha ha.

Our Visa Journey:

09/08/2010 - NOA-1 sent
09/13/2010 - Touched
04/21/2011 - RFE

Our RoC Journey:

Timeline

aww thanks! I leave Sunday morning for it. Get into Montreal at about 7pm and then the next day Ill be headed to the interview. Im freaking out... I logically know there is no reason to get a no from them.. but until I have that "welcome to the US" experience I think Im going to be freaking out. I know I will. :D I miss my hubby SO much.. as I know we all miss our spouses.. Its so tough. And my best friend and his friend are dating now.. they met at our wedding.. so I feel like Im watching hubby and I's relationship all over again ha ha.

how great...everyone assures me there is nothing to stress about, I just finished putting all my papers in order: there certainly is a lot of it!!!. I hope all will go smoothly on Monday, have everything in hand, be extra prepared, keep calm, and let all your love show for your hubby and all will be fine...I also hope you get the blond lady or the nice man!!!! remember to line up to the left of the entrance...wonderful JeannieL shared that advice and seems to work wonders. You will do great!!!!!!:thumbs: Can't wait to read your review.. GOOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(L)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Medisys gives the Xray on a CD and the consul generally does not need the xray, they told me to keep it, I still have it, my US Dr wouldn't take it either said its too out of date and if they need xrays done they will do their own.

Hope you guys don't have to carry big xrays all through the embassy to find out they don't want them.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

At my interview, I saw so many people carrying around huge envelopes for xrays ... and they all ended up walking out with them because nobody wanted them.

Timeline

Medisys gives the Xray on a CD and the consul generally does not need the xray, they told me to keep it, I still have it, my US Dr wouldn't take it either said its too out of date and if they need xrays done they will do their own.

Hope you guys don't have to carry big xrays all through the embassy to find out they don't want them.

Hi Inky, yes I think we have to bring everything,,I was hoping for a CD, but nope, go the honkn' huge one, it looks like after reading quite a few of the Montreal interview reviews, they never asked any one for the x-rays, just the sealed envelepe..What I am nervous about is if they ask for the I-864 (evidence of Support) I was told that is for another visa, not the K-1. I pray they don't ask for this, because my fiance didn't fill it out, only the 1-134 (Affidavit of Support) plus his 2010 income tax, letter from employer,etc...

event.png

Hi Inky, yes I think we have to bring everything,,I was hoping for a CD, but nope, go the honkn' huge one, it looks like after reading quite a few of the Montreal interview reviews, they never asked any one for the x-rays, just the sealed envelepe..What I am nervous about is if they ask for the I-864 (evidence of Support) I was told that is for another visa, not the K-1. I pray they don't ask for this, because my fiance didn't fill it out, only the 1-134 (Affidavit of Support) plus his 2010 income tax, letter from employer,etc...

Montreal will not ask for the I-864.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.