Sign in to follow this  
Magic_Knight

Affidavit of Support

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I will be filing my Affidavit of Support package very soon. I want to file form i-864EZ. It says on the form:

"Check "Yes" if you are using only your own earned or retirement income that can be documented with an IRS Form W-2. If you are self-employed, you must check "No" to the question and you cannot use Form I-864EZ."

Can I use this form if my previous W2's are not sufficient? I have a letter from my current employer stating my income and check pay stubs.

The previous 3 years I have no made above the poverty line on my income because I was in college working part time. I graduated last summer and worked full time at $12 an hour at an entry level job from September - March (Snowboard shop - they close in the summer). Then I went to see my wife for a month while waiting for the papers to process. Came back and started working for a company making $30,000 salary full time (been there 5 weeks now). I have written a little to include in my package explaining my situation. I am including a letter from my current employer and all my check pay stubs from since September. Will I qualify?

P.S. My chances of getting a joint sponsor are slim, so please don't just say get a joint sponsor. That is my last choice, and the person may not sign.

Thank you.

PFPowder - Cheap Winter and Snowboarding Gear =)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Focus on proving your current income, and don't get hung up on 864EZ--the regular 864 is falling off a log simple to fill in. And yes, you will qualify. Just be sure you have a STRONG letter from your employer. Your pay stubs from a former employer are worthless, so DO NOT include them--it will only confuse the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.