NclThms4

Traveling from MENA to AMERICA

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So I have read on past entries if you have a valid visa to the US you are able to travel though Europe with no problems. My question is the same true for Canada? Thank you

P.S. Sorry if its posted somewhere else but I didn't find/see it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So I have read on past entries if you have a valid visa to the US you are able to travel though Europe with no problems. My question is the same true for Canada? Thank you

P.S. Sorry if its posted somewhere else but I didn't find/see it.

The same applies for Canada as applies to Europe regarding an individual with a Moroccan passport. They can travel through, but cannot leave the airport without a transit visa. That being said, RAM's direct flight into Montreal may be a good option for the spouses of VJers who live in the west/midwest, and is often overlooked. :)

Timeline

Has anyone done this before. I contacted the Canadian embassy here in Morocco and they said he would need a transit visa. www.cic.gc.ca. Is the link they gave me. They also then said well if he has a green card its fine, but he doesn't have a green card. He will just have his visa. So has anyone traveled though with just a visa on their passport. Do you think if I contact the airlines they would have more information. We are not going to leave the airport just change plane. I am getting really frustrated. Although the Germans were nice and gave me a clear answer. GO GERMANY!!!

Timeline

Thank you for the help. I was confused after talking to the Canadian people here in Rabat over email. We were walking by the Canadian Visa place here in Rabat and just went in and asked them. The lady told us that it was fine as long as we dont leave, which makes more since then what the people were telling us over email. YEAH humdullah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So, you can get into Canda on US visa but can not leave canada. why go for US visa? why not just go for one from Canada?

Thank you for the help. I was confused after talking to the Canadian people here in Rabat over email. We were walking by the Canadian Visa place here in Rabat and just went in and asked them. The lady told us that it was fine as long as we dont leave, which makes more since then what the people were telling us over email. YEAH humdullah

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So, you can get into Canda on US visa but can not leave canada. why go for US visa? why not just go for one from Canada?

I think she meant, as long as they don't leave the airport.

Timeline

SO here is the final answer. If you only have a visa and not a green card you CAN NOT fly though Canada. You can't change plans without a transit visa. YOU MUST HAVE A TRANSIT VISA EVEN IF YOUR THERE FOR ONLY 1 hour. It was finally confirmed by the US Consulate, Air Canada, http://www.abriggs.com/visas/c/canada_nonus_visa.php, and making a few other phone calls. I hope no one else has to go though buying tickets and having to change them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.