alk624

Denial at Interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am wondering if anyone can offer some advice about this, I have seen some posts about people applying for K-1 visas and being denied at the consulate due to convictions or admissions of prior drug use or drug problems. Most of the posts I have seen were before the 2010 change to the drug abuse/addiction from a 3 year deferral to a 1 year deferral. In my case, my fiancé is from Mexico and went to Juarez June 2011 and admitted to “recreational” use or marijuana because he did not research the strict rules on this and we got screwed. So therefore he was deferred a year for that. I am wondering how likely it is that he will be approved in a year. What steps he needs to take to prove “remission”. What happens with our I-129F? Will we need to re-file? Can we get the time extended? Anything else we may need to know. I am completely devastated that we are losing a year of our life together over such stupidity and bad luck. If anyone can offer personal experience or any other knowledge I would SO appreciate it. PLEASE HELP!

Do random drug testing to show that your husband is not a drug user.

If test are clean, there is 99% chance he will be approved, being that nothing else crops up.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am wondering if anyone can offer some advice about this, I have seen some posts about people applying for K-1 visas and being denied at the consulate due to convictions or admissions of prior drug use or drug problems. Most of the posts I have seen were before the 2010 change to the drug abuse/addiction from a 3 year deferral to a 1 year deferral. In my case, my fiancé is from Mexico and went to Juarez June 2011 and admitted to "recreational" use or marijuana because he did not research the strict rules on this and we got screwed. So therefore he was deferred a year for that. I am wondering how likely it is that he will be approved in a year. What steps he needs to take to prove "remission". What happens with our I-129F? Will we need to re-file? Can we get the time extended? Anything else we may need to know. I am completely devastated that we are losing a year of our life together over such stupidity and bad luck. If anyone can offer personal experience or any other knowledge I would SO appreciate it. PLEASE HELP!

The KEY WORD(s) in your First Sentence State: CONVICTION(s) and Admissions of Drug Use. If in fact a Conviction that is your is your reason for Denial.

Drugs are not considered "Recreational" by USCIS and a Conviction(s).

If it was a Conviction it would have to be included in the Petition so Strawberries and Ice Cream don't help.

I'm unaware how long ago this occured and if the Beneficiarary can prove treatment and completion. Key Word: Proven Treatment.

As far as Having to Re-submit a New Petition. Maybe so. After Fullfilling whatever is required: And a Posible Wavier included in your NEW Petition.

I feel this is the Case.

Good Luck.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.