3,588 posts in this topic

Thanks young Seattle. I hope so.

Hopeful 2011, you will be fine, people said VAWA interview is the most easy one, maybe only take 10 minutes. I never have a chance to go for this kind of interview, but i check the other people's blogs,they all said immigration officers would treat you well, maybe they suggest you go divorce with your abused partner after you get your greencard. Just as Memes said, your vawa chapter will soon turn over, at least we heard some good news from VSC,congratulation!

Yes, six months of waiting and now I have the interview approaching soon..........will keep you all posted.

Any news on your front, loveme?

SIX months of waiting huh? Congrats on your interview date. It will be easy and quick atleast so i've heard. Plus you got your lawyer with you so it should be smooth sailing for you my friend. Please keep us posted !! I'm Happy for you

Feb 18th 2011 - filed I360, I485 and I765

Feb 21st - receipt notice received

Feb 27th - prima facie received

March 18th - letter for biometrics appointment for April 15th

April 15th - biometrics appointment done

May 15th - EAD approved

May 20th - received EAD card

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Dec 14th - RFE response send

Feb 17th 2012 - filed for EAD renewal

Feb 23rd - received an email from USCIS: I360 APPROVED!!!

Feb 23rd - transferred my case to NBC

Feb 24th - receipt notice for EAD renewal

March 7th - RFE issued for EAD

March 13th - RFE response send

March 29th - EAD renewal approved

April 10th - received EAD card

Sandranj,

I'm divorced now......do i still need to take the proof of a bonafide marriage......??

lorphelpme you can call USCIS to find out about your case,it won't hurt your case at all.

Hopeful-2011 bring with you proof of a bonafide marriage such as utilities bills in name of both, joint bank account, joint tax return, pictures etc..

May 15th - EAD approved

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hey guys just an update vsc mailed my attorney yettt another prima facie don't know for how long it's for yet but this is my 3rd!!!!! Ughh seriously vsc I just can't deal it's gonna be a year in a week that am waiting for an approval soo annoying.

Timeline

Sandranj thanks but quick question. Vsc just sent me my 3rd prima facie do they go into your file again when sending you a prima facie because I haven't gotten any RFE which am thankful but if they do go into your case to issue you not the first but a 3rd prima facie and not an RFE why just not send the approval or just make a decision on the case. This is. Just becomming

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi everyone, please check this website, it is about one former USCIS adjudicator's interview questiones and answers. hope it can help somehow.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

lorhelpme the Vawa Unit to renew the prima facie confirms via their system if they sent a determination before or not, how many etc...

They will get your file to adjudicate just once, but if they think is missing some information or document they will send you an RFE.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

chrischris41 to have a Vawa case approved based in mental abuse the individual must prove he/she was subjected or exposed to behavior that may result in psychological trauma, including anxiety, chronic depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder. Mental abuse is a repeated pattern of destructive behavior and the person must prove that suffered constant criticism, threats, rejection,name calling, isolation etc.. and you have to show to USCIS you had feelings of abandonment, felt humiliated, helpless,experienced anxiety and/or depression, low self-esteem etc...as well. It's very important to have a psychological evaluation, detailed statements from yourself and anyone else who knows about the abuse.

Edited by sandranj

Thanks Sandranj.

BTW - I'm in NJ as well.......going to our Newark office.

yes you need to take with you the proof of bonafide marriage. You had the vawa approved based in domestic violence, but USCIS will approve or not your AOS based in bonafide marriage.

May 15th - EAD approved

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Timeline

lorhelpme the Vawa Unit to renew the prima facie confirms via their system if they sent a determination before or not, how many etc...

They will get your file to adjudicate just once, but if they think is missing some information or document they will send you an RFE.

Thanks much appreciated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.