3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes Loveme you can open up your bank account but first you need the social security card . it will have the condition on it if you are not in a hurry you can wait until you have the GC to apply . Save you a trip to the social security office to have the condition removed .

Filed: Timeline

Yes Loveme you can open up your bank account but first you need the social security card . it will have the condition on it if you are not in a hurry you can wait until you have the GC to apply . Save you a trip to the social security office to have the condition removed .

Thanks Dee ...

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Vawa regarding your questions

If i get a prima facie, what kind of benefit can I obtain? Id depends which State you live, because some States you can get cash assistance, medicaid and food stamp,other States just food stamps and medicaid.

If I-360 pending and I-485 is pending, would the EAD be issued? YES.

You can ask to waive the I-765 fee.

I thought if you pay for I-485 which is 1010$, we just attach the reciept and we didnt have to pay

for I-765. So, did you mean to say waive the I-485?

I think you need to file I-485 and I-765 concurrently

btw, i live in WA state. I always thought that I-360 must be approved so that EAD can be issue while I-485 is pending

Vawa regarding your questions

If i get a prima facie, what kind of benefit can I obtain? Id depends which State you live, because some States you can get cash assistance, medicaid and food stamp,other States just food stamps and medicaid.

If I-360 pending and I-485 is pending, would the EAD be issued? YES.

You can ask to waive the I-765 fee.

Edited by VAWA

OK FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE WORKING WITH EAD ... DO U APPLY FOR SSN ? AND CAN YOU OPEN UP A BANK ACCOUNT WITH EAD ? SO WHEN YOU GET YOUR GC , DO YOU APPLY FOR A DIFFRENT/PERMANENT SSN ... ??

First thing to do when your EAD is go get a Social Security# (if you dont already have one), then once you receive the social go apply for an ID/Drivers License depending on state requirements you may need different documents.

Then with you ID and Social you can open up a bank account, all line of credit etc. Your social for EAD will say something along the lines "for work purpose only", but the they will tell you when applying that as soon as you get your GC come back to get that wording removed.

Timeline

vawa as I said before you decide if you want to file I-360 alone and in this case you can't apply to obtain a work permit or file I-360 along with I-485 and I-765 and you don't have the I-360 approved in order to apply for EAD.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi to all my friends.

next 2 days 4th my perima will be expires and i have noting till now.

so by the way i never give up never

January, 28, 2011 Apply and send WAVA (I-360) And I-485 , I-756, I-131 with fee application
February, 09, 2011 Receive RFE request good moral March,07,2011 mailed RFE
March,14,2011 touched I-360
May,24,2011 touched my case I-131
june,8,2011 EAD received in my hand.
July,26,2011 Travel Document ( I-131) Approved
September,14,2011 Renew second Prima Facie and Revived
October,28,2011 touched I-360 and requesting additional evidence or information case I-360
January,06,2012 sent answer RFE (I-360)
February,08,2012 request renew Prima Facie and February,17,2012 revived 3th Prima Facie ( validate 60 days)
February,27,2012 request renew 2th EAD Card
April 17,2012 Approved my 2th EAD Card and April,23,2012 received my 2th EAD Card
April,27,2012 received appointment letter for fingerprint ( File A # ) from U.S.DHS-ICE ( next month) i request for change location.
may,17,2012 received 4th prima Facie July,24,2012 renew 5th perima
OCT,28,2012 case denied.
-----------------------------------------------
APR 11 2013 Refile i-360 , i-485 , i-756 , i-131,
APR,16 notice received , RFE for good moral and medical exam

First thing to do when your EAD is go get a Social Security# (if you dont already have one), then once you receive the social go apply for an ID/Drivers License depending on state requirements you may need different documents.

Then with you ID and Social you can open up a bank account, all line of credit etc. Your social for EAD will say something along the lines "for work purpose only", but the they will tell you when applying that as soon as you get your GC come back to get that wording removed.

Thank u sweetie

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hi to all my friends.

next 2 days 4th my perima will be expires and i have noting till now.

so by the way i never give up never

Woww 4th prima facie will expire an nothing that's crazyyyy am abt to apply for renewal of the second so that will be my third when I get it hopefully I don't get anymore just the approval. I can't imagine wat u maybe be going through like I said my said my second is abt to expire and am already going crazyyyyyy, good luck u will get approval soon God is great

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Below is the letter I sent to USCIS. I sent the letter on June 8th, 2012 and they approved my case on June 22nd, 2012. Please make sure you sign the letter before sending. I have a question. On my letter, it says to file to go to my local USCIS office for I-485 application but I already have one that is pending from my marriage.

Hello,

My name is XXXX XXXXXXX. My case numbers are EACXXXXXXXX. I’m contacting your office because it appears my case is beyond the current processing time posted on USCIS.GOV. Please advise.

Thank You

XXXX

Hi Godisalive:

yesterday I sent my letter to VSC which is exactly following your letter,the only different is my applied date is on Jan22th 2011, thanks for your inspiration. Anyway, my dad said I got no hope to go back Seattle, I said US has justice for all, just wait and see how VSC reply my letter. I will let your guys know when i received my answer from VSC next month sometime. take care, have a nice day in the state! :-)

God bless you all! Young

Hi loveme,

Hope alls well. I think this notice means that they have approved your EAD. And now soon they will send you the card. Good luck!

we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION.

Does this means that my actual CARD is on its way or is this just another letter.

Feb 18th 2011 - filed I360, I485 and I765

Feb 21st - receipt notice received

Feb 27th - prima facie received

March 18th - letter for biometrics appointment for April 15th

April 15th - biometrics appointment done

May 15th - EAD approved

May 20th - received EAD card

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Dec 14th - RFE response send

Feb 17th 2012 - filed for EAD renewal

Feb 23rd - received an email from USCIS: I360 APPROVED!!!

Feb 23rd - transferred my case to NBC

Feb 24th - receipt notice for EAD renewal

March 7th - RFE issued for EAD

March 13th - RFE response send

March 29th - EAD renewal approved

April 10th - received EAD card

Timeline

Young Seatle I don't know your case but any Vawa to be approved you MUST have extensive proof of the abused suffered, if you suffered mental/psychological abuse you need to prove you suffered intimidation, controlling,coercion, possessiveness or threats.If you were victim of physical abuse you need to show them some restraining order,police record,pictures of the violence suffered. It helps if you have documents from hospital,shelter and counselor in case of physical abuse.

Submitting and extensive/detailed affidavit IS NOT ENOUGH. The affidavit of course is necessary but the individual must show EVIDENCES.

Edited by sandranj

Hi everybody,

Finally I have the courage to write in this forum that I have been following since I applied for Vawa on Nov 4th, 2011

I know this wait is killing everybody. I wish from the bottom of my heart good luck to everybody here.

We all know how hard is dealing with the past.

I want to keep my timeline:

Nov 4th 2011 Send I - 360 to Vermont Center

Nov 15th 2011 Prima Facie Received

In the mean time, husband withdrew 130

January 20th 2012 sent 485 package

February 2012 Final hearing- divorce

April 2nd 2012 - EAC REceived

June 2012- Second Prima Facie Received

Its been 8 months already.. I think I will keep everything in God hands to end up with this nightmare soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.