3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

my parents in Auckland try to persuade me remarry with someone else, I think this is my first christian marriage, also my wife is the victim of drug, her mom is a single mom with two younger daugthers living by children support and food stamp. American dream is not that beautiful even for US citizens, so I have to wait for my capital punishment from VSC, if not so good, then bring my wife to Auckland, anywhere is life, working and pay taxes, freedom is never free.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome, we all try to be positive for each other but as an individual we all have our "I cant take this wait anymore moments" but for me and I think for many others coming on thins board is so informative and encouraging. So welcome to our online family. Feel free to ask any questions.

thank u for support and reassurance. reading all your encouraging words and hearing all your stories have made me more positive and hopeful. thank you so much. I hope and pray we all get approved soon. thank you for giving me the hope to be patient and understanding. :)

Myjay , Macbook and Optimisticchick and Liveurlife you guys are next in line for APPROVALS :yes: :yes: !! i really want to see you guys get approve so i can celebrate with you all.

Thank you!

Congratulation on approvals to all who got it!

P.S.(Sorry my Internet was down for few days!)

I'm not attorney and this is not legal advice, this is just my personal opinion!

USCIS:

03/26/2008 Approved I-130
04/21/2011 Send I-360, I-765 and I-485 to Vermont Service Center
05/26/2011 Approved EAD
05/31/2011 Request for evidence for I-360
06/24/2011 Biometrics I-485
09/06/2011 Send responds for RFE of I-360
09/12/2011 Prima Facie approval for I-360
01/09/2012 Send E-mails to VSC asking what is going on with my case. (E-mail send to vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov and to SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov)
01/17/2012 Got responds from VSC email saying that they can't talk about my case over phone or e-mail.
02/26/2012 Approved extension of EAD
02/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (second one)
06/28/2012 Send letter to VSC to see what is going on with my case
08/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (third one)
09/18/2012 RFE
10/10/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (Fourth one)
10/31/2012 VSC received RFE respond
02/04/2013 Renewed Prima Facie (Sixte one)
04/17/2013 I-360 and I-485 got DENAID!

05/15/2013 Filed I-290B Notice of Appeal from denial of VAWA I-360 - APPEAL WAS DENIED

12/15/2014 Filed for second time I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-131

12/30/2014 RFE for Good Moral Character received

01/08/2015 FBI clairance and respond to RFE sent to VSC

02/12/2015 RFE I-131 asking if I was or I'm in removal proceedings

03/03/2015 Respond for I-131 RFE sent to VSC

04/02/2015 RFE for Bona Fide Marriage, proof of shared residents and request for more evidence regarding Abuse received

04/20/2015 I-765 and I-131 APPROVED.

06/25/2015 Respond to I-360 RFE sent to VSC

07/14/2015 I-360 application APPROVED!!!

ICE

04/29/2011 Went for appointment with ICE officer and got processed
06/01/2011 Turn my passport in and started to report to BI twice a month in BI office, ones a month via phone and once a month they come to my home
01/05/2012 Still don't have court date!
02/02/2012 Terminated removal proceedings.

Filed: Other Timeline

Stillaliive didn't see you got your approval CONGRATULATIONS u deserve it. Have you been celebrating. hope fully you journey will be over soon. Keep me and the other here waiting in your prayers. It's been 10 months for me

Thanks. :star: stay strong, believe in God and evrything will be fine...

Im praying for your guys.

03/17/11 Filed for I360vawa(sent via Usps Express)

03/18/11 Delivered

03/31/11 Receipt I360(Hardcopy received)

04/04/11 Prima Facie(Hardcopy received)

12/17/11 Prima Facie Extension No2(Hardcopy received)

01/17/12 RFE issued(Good faith marriage)

02/04/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

02/07/12 RFE received and signed by USCIS

02/08/12 Touched RFE under review

02/10/12 Touched

04/29/12 Prima Facie Extension No3(Hardcopy received)

06/13/12 Prima Facie Extension No4(Hardcopy received)

06/15/12 I360 VAWA APPROVAL (Hardcopy received)

03/07/12 Filed for I485 and I765(sent via Usps Express)

03/08/12 Delivered

03/23/12 Receipt I485(Hardcopy received)

03/23/12 Receipt I765(Hardcopy received)

04/02/12 ASC appointment(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE issued for I765(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

05/10/12 I765 Approval(Hardcopy received)

08/09/12 I485 was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office

11/20/12 I485 Interview Letter(Hardcopy received)

12/11/12 I485 Interview at USCIS local Office

06/24/12 Filed for Motion to Reopen with BIA(sent via Usps Express)

11/07/12 Motion to Reopen and Remand Granted by BIA (Hardcopy received)

11/15/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with USICE/USDHS

11/21/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by USICE/USDHS

11/26/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with Immigration Court

11/30/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by Immigration Court

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

Does anyone here knows how else I can obtain a receipt number? My rep and I filed for an EAD over a month ago. She got the receipt number but she misplaced it. I've been going there every week to check up on my case because she never calls me with any update. I'm so frustrated because I feel she does care. I don't want to go there anymore because it seems I'm bothering her. I called USCIS but they won't give me a receipt number because of the sensitivity of my case.

Timeline

Hi Godisalive:

the same thing happened to me, I know exactly what you are talking about, since i never received my RFE from VSC, i kept calling USCIS hotline, their staff tried to explain to me that my case is too sensitive, they have no authority to read what is on my RFE letter, even now my case update date is still on March 28th 2011, no touch, no nothing, all i can get from USCIS hotline staff is good luck on your I-360, sure this is a hard way to get my legal status in the state.

But i have no choice, my wife is scared on those lawyers and judges after I billed her out for her first DUI charge in 2009. I tried to find one lady attorney in New York, she want to charge me $8000 just re-drafted my self-petition letter. I wrote letter to VSC supervisor, with this $8000, i can let my wife go to rehab for twice.

VSC in their stakeholders newsletter said they will try to finish 50% all their pending cases this June and July, I told my wife probably I can go back Seattle soon, it seems like things are getting slow again! I never been to Vermont state, if i have chance to go back the state, sure i will go there to worship them!(nothing offence) at least show my appreciation. only God knows when is the end of this journey. keep reading bible at home.

I really hope so what you said its true

VSC in their stakeholders newsletter said they will try to finish 50% all their pending cases this June and July

I have been waiting for 13 months no changes at all, no RFE, nothing... Its so frustrating...

I guess there is hope..

quote name='young Seattle' timestamp='1339704833' post='5449898']

Hi Godisalive:

the same thing happened to me, I know exactly what you are talking about, since i never received my RFE from VSC, i kept calling USCIS hotline, their staff tried to explain to me that my case is too sensitive, they have no authority to read what is on my RFE letter, even now my case update date is still on March 28th 2011, no touch, no nothing, all i can get from USCIS hotline staff is good luck on your I-360, sure this is a hard way to get my legal status in the state.

But i have no choice, my wife is scared on those lawyers and judges after I billed her out for her first DUI charge in 2009. I tried to find one lady attorney in New York, she want to charge me $8000 just re-drafted my self-petition letter. I wrote letter to VSC supervisor, with this $8000, i can let my wife go to rehab for twice.

VSC in their stakeholders newsletter said they will try to finish 50% all their pending cases this June and July, I told my wife probably I can go back Seattle soon, it seems like things are getting slow again! I never been to Vermont state, if i have chance to go back the state, sure i will go there to worship them!(nothing offence) at least show my appreciation. only God knows when is the end of this journey. keep reading bible at home.

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hi Godisalive:

Really in which newsletter?

Hi Godisalive:

Where are you now? are u in the USA?

Timeline

Hi love me, i am in Auckland living in my parents' house now,after i left Seattle, i mailed my parents' address to VSC, they still sent my RFE to my former apartment in Seattle, because I cannot change my current address in USCIS system. But they knew I am out of the state, since they mailed my I-131 to my current address on March 22 2011. my wife went back her mom's house to live, she told me she worked until 2am in the bar, i am so worried about her, you know, she is drug addicted, money is not always good for her, she smoked 24 hours a day (using her mom's words), only 23yrs old, coughing every 10 minutes, life is so hard for her, her dad is life sentenced in Minnisota jail for cop killing, so far i am the only man in this family, hope VSC gave me a good news, so do a good news for my wife and her family. my sister-in-law is going to college this year, who will pay the tuition fee for her, in her family financial ability, they even cannot get student loan, although she is a good students with all A. I am a Phd student when i first came to the state in 2006, I have two master degrees from UK top 10 universities, most of my life is as a student, i know that is not easy life too.

lorphelpme and Maryhoney87, I believe I saw VSC stakeholder's newsletter on May 9 or 17th 2012, they said they are training lots of new staff and try to curb current pending waves by finishing 50% all pending cases during this june and july. also they still have 1200 I-485 pending cases now, I am one of this, that is why i told my wife hopefully I can go back Seattle soon after I got my I-360 approved, maybe just hopefully, thanks guys, take it easy. God bless you all. Amen

Hi love me, i am in Auckland living in my parents' house now,after i left Seattle, i mailed my parents' address to VSC, they still sent my RFE to my former apartment in Seattle, because I cannot change my current address in USCIS system. But they knew I am out of the state, since they mailed my I-131 to my current address on March 22 2011. my wife went back her mom's house to live, she told me she worked until 2am in the bar, i am so worried about her, you know, she is drug addicted, money is not always good for her, she smoked 24 hours a day (using her mom's words), only 23yrs old, coughing every 10 minutes, life is so hard for her, her dad is life sentenced in Minnisota jail for cop killing, so far i am the only man in this family, hope VSC gave me a good news, so do a good news for my wife and her family. my sister-in-law is going to college this year, who will pay the tuition fee for her, in her family financial ability, they even cannot get student loan, although she is a good students with all A. I am a Phd student when i first came to the state in 2006, I have two master degrees from UK top 10 universities, most of my life is as a student, i know that is not easy life too.

lorphelpme and Maryhoney87, I believe I saw VSC stakeholder's newsletter on May 9 or 17th 2012, they said they are training lots of new staff and try to curb current pending waves by finishing 50% all pending cases during this june and july. also they still have 1200 I-485 pending cases now, I am one of this, that is why i told my wife hopefully I can go back Seattle soon after I got my I-360 approved, maybe just hopefully, thanks guys, take it easy. God bless you all. Amen

I AM A BIT CONFUSED, ARE YOU SAYING YOU ARE STILL WITH HER OR DO YOU STILL WANT TO BE WITH HER. REMEMBER I360 IS FOR ABUSE VICTIMS. DOES ANYONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS WHATS GOING ON

Hello everyone,

I need some input from VAWA applicants who applied for cash assistance and medicaid and whether their application was approved or not. I am in great need for financial support, I got a prima facie from VAWA but my social services denied my application for cash assistance here in Massachusetts (because I don't have any children and am not disabled). Please let me know what states approve that kind of help and about your experiences.

Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Am really confuse as to wat you are saying abt you and your wife.are u with her.

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

hi all, help please

can anyone helps me out here.. i filed my i 360 through my lawyer and he received the receipts and prima facie a month and 3 weeks ago, scanned them and sent them to me.

so far i did not receive anything from uscis. i'm wondering why,.. i contacted my lawyer about this issue and he asked me to wait, again and again he was asking me to wait,.. this is almost 2 months past and this is unusual. three weeks ago i called him and he clearly asked me not to call him again over these receipts, and that is unbelievable for someone i am paying. so i tried calling the uscis and they said since it is a very sensitive matter, they cannot give me any type of information through the phone and suggested me to write a letter directly to vsc, which i did 2 1/2 weeks ago, but still no answer... do anyone here know what else i can do for that matter? because the address on my application is right and it is my current address. i just don't know if they messed up while entering my address in their system. did this ever happen to someone on here?

and also, is it possible that my attorney did something so that everything goes thru him only?

also this lawyer of mine is just irrational, i wanted to apply i 485 and i 360 and i 765 but he just did the i 360 and sent out the i765, after receiving prima facie without i485 under c31 category( still no receipts :?). i really don't understand him, in fighting all the abuse i suffer so far i really feel abused once again,.. this all doesn't make any sense,.. it just might be easier to stop by the damn queens bridge when i get around there,...

anyone with an input please?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.